Youth Development

Jaggernaut

Is it not the case that we are using some younger players for the u19 side and that most of the u19 guys from the cup team etc are now playing for the reserves. Our reserve side rarely contains anyone from the first team unless they are coming back to fitness.

To be fair I think you are right. Just think it's a slight concern that result against Morton. As I say they are a few season's behind us in their youth set up.

Think there is a distant relative of mine in the U19's. Simon McBride. Well when I say relative, he is the grandson of my mother in law's cousin........yeah it's stretching it to call him a relative, but it's the closest thing I have to a family member playing for the Jags so I'm claiming it!

:lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair I think you are right. Just think it's a slight concern that result against Morton. As I say they are a few season's behind us in their youth set up.

Think there is a distant relative of mine in the U19's. Simon McBride. Well when I say relative, he is the grandson of my mother in law's cousin........yeah it's stretching it to call him a relative, but it's the closest thing I have to a family member playing for the Jags so I'm claiming it!

:lol:

I'd claim any tenuous link to a Jags player as well :lol:

Hopefully the Morton result was their best players against some of our younger guys. I imagine any Thistle side losing to Morton is similar for you as a Thistle side losing to Livi is for me.

this is a open invtation to anyone who thinks we have a youth set up

my two grandsons play at toryglen sunday morning the season has just ended and they now will rest until i think its early jan ,

when it restarts i will {if you want } meet anyone at toryglen and let you see first hand what a youth set up is all about ,

from mini 4 to under 12s

you will see the way forward imo thats it starts at 5 years old not 13

will post when they restart nearer the time meet 9am sharp sunday morning

Edited by glasgow boy

I'd claim any tenuous link to a Jags player as well :lol:

Hopefully the Morton result was their best players against some of our younger guys. I imagine any Thistle side losing to Morton is similar for you as a Thistle side losing to Livi is for me.

I loathe Morton. so it's probably on a par with how you'd feel about Jags losing to Rangers. :lol:

this is a open invtation to anyone who thinks we have a youth set up

my two grandsons play at toryglen sunday morning the season has just ended and they now will rest until i think its early jan ,

when it restarts i will {if you want } meet anyone at toryglen and let you see first hand what a youth set up is all about ,

from mini 4 to under 12s

you will see the way forward imo thats it starts at 5 years old not 13

will post when they restart nearer the time meet 9am sharp sunday morning

Think if we could we would expand it but its all down to money