Who Is Ian Dodd?

Julie Ann

He is, has been working with the club for a year or so (I think, maybe longer).

ah, ok. couldn't see him on the club website. any idea why a year long chief exec wouldn't be listed on there? did we not get rid of the last chief exec because we didn't need one or couldn't afford one? can't remember which one it was. what does he do?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

What he does? I would imagine nothing.

Ian Maxwell is general manager, he does 'GENERAL' things, thus surely Ian's role is redundant.

Partick Thistle, jobs for the boys.

ah, ok. couldn't see him on the club website. any idea why a year long chief exec wouldn't be listed on there? did we not get rid of the last chief exec because we didn't need one or couldn't afford one? can't remember which one it was. what does he do?

He only became the CEO recently, he had been the GM before Ian Maxwell was appointed.

The website is going through stages of being updated, so if he is due a page on the website, I'm sure it will be up in the near future.

He only became the CEO recently, he had been the GM before Ian Maxwell was appointed.

The website is going through stages of being updated, so if he is due a page on the website, I'm sure it will be up in the near future.

whoever updates the club website does it with impressive regularity and manages to get match reports, live tweets, photos from new strip launches, updates from youth games, new signings, fan info for away games, latest news... you get where this is going don't you?

in recent times a new chief exec would have been trumpeted by the club. give them a chance to talk about their vision for the future. called a press conference. had a big feature in the evening times. had a meet the new guy night for fans.

its almost as if its something the club don't want to talk about.

whoever updates the club website does it with impressive regularity and manages to get match reports, live tweets, photos from new strip launches, updates from youth games, new signings, fan info for away games, latest news... you get where this is going don't you?

in recent times a new chief exec would have been trumpeted by the club. give them a chance to talk about their vision for the future. called a press conference. had a big feature in the evening times. had a meet the new guy night for fans.

its almost as if its something the club don't want to talk about.

On your 1st point, yes that stuff gets updated almost daily. Other parts of the website do not, not just the page about directors etc.

Contact the club? Asking questions, or having queries on here won't get you the answers you're clearly looking for. As I said, David Beattie has covered it in his programme notes a couple of weeks ago, both about Ian Dodd & Greig Brown (as well as a variety of other topics).

I don't see how it can be seen as something the club don't want to talk about, if they didn't David Beattie would not have mentioned it in his column (same for the EGM), whether you agree or not with what he says is a different matter, he at least covers the areas that fans talk about, which could not always be said for previous Directors/Chairmen.

On your 1st point, yes that stuff gets updated almost daily. Other parts of the website do not, not just the page about directors etc.

Contact the club? Asking questions, or having queries on here won't get you the answers you're clearly looking for. As I said, David Beattie has covered it in his programme notes a couple of weeks ago, both about Ian Dodd & Greig Brown (as well as a variety of other topics).

I don't see how it can be seen as something the club don't want to talk about, if they didn't David Beattie would not have mentioned it in his column (same for the EGM), whether you agree or not with what he says is a different matter, he at least covers the areas that fans talk about, which could not always be said for previous Directors/Chairmen.

who's greig brown? i don't buy a programme. is this a new tactic?: get some news in the programme and some other stuff online. still don't understand why with all the other news updates from firhill the appointment of a new chief exec wouldn't merit a mention in the rolling news pages. what did the programme notes say? are you allowed to say or is it a condition of buying a programme that you're not allowed to say what's in it? thistle programme club: what's said in the programme stays in the programme

Ian was introduced to the fans through ptfc.co.uk in the middle of October last year, I believe.

now i'm really confused. so he's been chief exec since last october or just been at the club? what's he been doing since october? why does his role not merit a mention on the staff pages of the website (which have been updated since october as cowan, hughes and alexander have been removed and maxwell's new role has been added)? and who is greig brown?

who's greig brown? i don't buy a programme. is this a new tactic?: get some news in the programme and some other stuff online. still don't understand why with all the other news updates from firhill the appointment of a new chief exec wouldn't merit a mention in the rolling news pages. what did the programme notes say? are you allowed to say or is it a condition of buying a programme that you're not allowed to say what's in it? thistle programme club: what's said in the programme stays in the programme

I do not know word for word what the programme notes said, I just know it was spoken about. I'm sure if you contacted the club there will be backdated issues available for purchase if you wish to see for yourself. It's not a 'programme club', but if you don't buy the programme & then miss out of snippets of news it's not the clubs fault for not then putting that info on the website, which would surely then de-value the programme & lead to a drop in sales. Why buy it if all the 'juicy gossip' will be on the website by the time you get home?

As I've said, e-mail the club with your questions, they'll be in a better position to answer them.

Am I the only one who's amused by the fact that if you google "Ian Dodd and Partick Thistle", the first entry that pops up is an announcement from the Club website dated 30 October 2010 which explains who Ian Dodd is, and the second is this thread asking who he is?

The Oct 2010 article also mentions Greig Brown.

The article pre-dates their formal appointment to the Board, but it answers the question.

Am I the only one who's amused by the fact that if you google "Ian Dodd and Partick Thistle", the first entry that pops up is an announcement from the Club website dated 30 October 2010 which explains who Ian Dodd is, and the second is this thread asking who he is?

The article pre-dates their formal appointment to the Board, but it answers the question.

Yes, I was just about to post something similar. All boardroom notes included in the programme are posted on the official site within days, so the comment above that there is some sort of conspiracy to encourage people to buy programmes is quite funny.

The article in question.

There's a world of difference between mentioning that two guys have been "co-opted" to help advise a Jags Action Group (edit to add: or working as General Manager) and intimating to shareholders and supporters that they have been formally made directors of the club, a position of far greater significance and control. Bearing in mind the tight little network of vested interests involved here, it's unfortunate to say the least that the official club website doesn't list them as directors if they were actually appointed a couple of months ago, as mentioned in this post.

Edited by Double Ugly

so to find out who ian dodd is you need to go to google to find out and not to the website of the organisation he's the chief exec of? hadn't read woodstock jag's post before but its pretty clear nothing changes. is it any wonder why fans of this club don't give a damn when they don't either? you got any idea why he's not mentioned on the club website's personnel pages? so, again, what does greig brown do and what is the chief exec's role now that its obviously been decided we need one again after having decided we didn't when mr prentice left.

so to find out who ian dodd is you need to go to google to find out and not to the website of the organisation he's the chief exec of? hadn't read woodstock jag's post before but its pretty clear nothing changes. is it any wonder why fans of this club don't give a damn when they don't either? you got any idea why he's not mentioned on the club website's personnel pages? so, again, what does greig brown do and what is the chief exec's role now that its obviously been decided we need one again after having decided we didn't when mr prentice left.

I thought you meant the chief exec we had before Prentice, the guy who worked for Rangers or JJB sports or something, he was here when DC was at The Club.... He lasted about 4 months, introduced the Dunfy bank accounts thing then we decided we didn't need one and he left!

What a Club!

:lol: