Erskine For Flannigan Sub?

Ozieptfc

Guy behind me stands up clapping flannigan off the park praising him up so much that what a game hes just had?? Then when erskine runs on he booos at the top of his voice and for the rest of the match will not shut up about how much erskine is the worst player weve ever had and he would rip up his 2 year contract ect ect this constant moaning went on for the rest of the game about him!! So tell me please?? What did Flanigan do or has done that is so special? Bearing in mind he loses the ball everytime he has it! He tries these shit skills that never come off! He cant tackle! Wont chase back....my list could go on and on!!!!

Its all about opinions Flannigan imo wasnt great yesterday but he wasnt crap either and i thought Erskine did well when he came on. Thats the first time this season Erskine has looked decent and has been rank every other time ive seen him. I can only guess that McNamara wants more crosses into the box and Flannigan is better than Erskine at that and when he wants someone to run at the defenders and get them turning then Erskine would be the better of the two i guess it will all depend on who we are playing and what tactics the manager wants to go with. Poor show from that bloke booing Erskine, personally i would never booo a specific player even if hes had a nightmare as hes probably tried his best and it just hasnt worked for him that day.

I thought before the game Erskine would be warming the bench as he has been woeful recently.

Flannigan is not the greatest player to pull on a a Jags jersey, though at the same time he is not given credit for the things he does get right. The last couple of games there has been a improvement in effort and signs that he may turn it around.

When Erskine came on he looked the brightest he has been this season and was a positive influence. We all know he can be infuriating, but can give us something extra too when it goes right.

Not all players are the same and Erskine is definitely different, which is sometimes what is needed when sending on a sub. IMO proved to be a good substitution.

I was slightly surprised to see Flannigan go off. As poor as he was in the first half he was playing well ahortly before being replaced. As it was it turned out to be just a case of fresh legs. A simple routine substitution.

On the other hand the second substitution was more positive. I don't know in the short time he's played there if Robertson is a better centreback than Balatoni (suspect there's little in it) but Conrad had picked up a yellow and I don't believe a second yellow was that far away.

Anyway replacing Robertson in midfield with Stewart was positive. With Stewart prepared to run down the left, Cairney back in the middle and Erskine being Erskine over on the right we eventually looked like a team trying to win the match. I'll leave the obvious question for now about why we didn't start without Robertson with either Campbell down the right with Cairney in centre mid or with Bannigan a straight replacement for SR.

I'm undecided about Flanningan but have noticed in the oast few games that when he comes out in the 2nd that he starts fighting for the ball. Some of his link-up play was quite good but it's has lack of consistency and application (okay effort) that is of concern. Erskine added a wee bit of injection but at times can be a headless chicken; but when what he tries comes off then he can pose a threat and create something.

Overall, thought we deserved the win yesterday. Fox looked a bit suspect under some high balls but maybe just a blip in confidence. Guess all keepers have them.

Guy behind me stands up clapping flannigan off the park praising him up so much that what a game hes just had?? Then when erskine runs on he booos at the top of his voice and for the rest of the match will not shut up about how much erskine is the worst player weve ever had and he would rip up his 2 year contract ect ect this constant moaning went on for the rest of the game about him!! So tell me please?? What did Flanigan do or has done that is so special? Bearing in mind he loses the ball everytime he has it! He tries these shit skills that never come off! He cant tackle! Wont chase back....my list could go on and on!!!!

:D yes i was sitting next to him, its a personal thing with erskine with him.

he openly admits to having a blind spot for the likes of Archie and rowson, both who i thought had a crap game.

to be honest it was prob more to do with me and him having a bit of banter ref which players we like or don't like.....or maybe not, i am sure he will be on here to answer for himself ;)

:D yes i was sitting next to him, its a personal thing with erskine with him.

he openly admits to having a blind spot for the likes of Archie and rowson, both who i thought had a crap game.

to be honest it was prob more to do with me and him having a bit of banter ref which players we like or don't like.....or maybe not, i am sure he will be on here to answer for himself ;)

Nail hit on head. Was a bit of banter with Jaggybunnet as he loves Erskine.

Being serious, Erskine frustrates the life out of me. He obviously has the ability but only gives an end product one game in 10. The reaction of many Jags fans to Flannigan (not the best player but certainly not half as bad as the stick he gets on here and at games) annoys me also.

Do you think there's anything in the theory that Flannigan plays better when he's not playing right next to the fans? He always seems to look a different player in the second half and can't kick his arse and makes very poor decisions in the first.

Well if that's true when we win the toss we should shoot the other way and sub him at half time. :thumbsup2: