Travel Disruption On Saturday On Way To Kirkcaldy

jags on tour

Raith Rovers have today been in contact with Thistle to advise the Club, and our supporters, of some serious roadworks taking place from the Forth Road Bridge.

Traffic is reduced it to single lane traffic from there along the M90 and A92, and all the way to the turnoff to Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy, and continues on as far as the Crossgates flyover.

Average speed cameras are in use, and the speed is restricted to 40mph. It is advised to allow at least 30 - 40 minutes extra for the journey to Starks Park on Saturday, or, preferably, find an alternative route.

Raith Rovers have today been in contact with Thistle to advise the Club, and our supporters, of some serious roadworks taking place from the Forth Road Bridge.

Traffic is reduced it to single lane traffic from there along the M90 and A92, and all the way to the turnoff to Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy, and continues on as far as the Crossgates flyover.

Average speed cameras are in use, and the speed is restricted to 40mph. It is advised to allow at least 30 - 40 minutes extra for the journey to Starks Park on Saturday, or, preferably, find an alternative route.

I heard that at various points of last weekend, such was the volume of traffic combined with roadworks, people attempting to cross the Forth Road Bridge were subjected to up to 4 hours in their cars for a journey that would normally take them between 20 and 30 minutes (going between for instance Edinburgh Airport and Dunfermline).

Best thing is to avoid the Forth Road Bridge totally - from Glasgow take m80, m876, over Kincardine Bridge, a985 through Dumfermline, a92 to Kirkcaldy. 1 hour 15 minutes tops hopefully (and now the m80 is free of roadworks/average speed cameras, you can now fly along that stretch in double quick time)

I heard that at various points of last weekend, such was the volume of traffic combined with roadworks, people attempting to cross the Forth Road Bridge were subjected to up to 4 hours in their cars for a journey that would normally take them between 20 and 30 minutes (going between for instance Edinburgh Airport and Dunfermline).

Best thing is to avoid the Forth Road Bridge totally - from Glasgow take m80, m876, over Kincardine Bridge, a985 through Dumfermline, a92 to Kirkcaldy. 1 hour 15 minutes tops hopefully (and now the m80 is free of roadworks/average speed cameras, you can now fly along that stretch in double quick time)

Good shout, Kincardine for me.

Hmmm...does anyone have an up to date, informed opinion on how long I should need to travel from Edinburgh to Starks tomorrow? Don't want to set off at 11am, but I don't want to miss kick off either. Cheers in advance.

just looked on the Forth Road Bridge web site and there is nothing (that i can see) for sat

http://www.forthroadbridge.org/planned-roadworks

My only concern is that this route still involves the M90 and the A92 which seem to be the problem.

I would also recommend the Kincardine Bridge followed by the A985 but do not turn off to Dunfermline. Stay on the A985 which takes you through Rosyth and under the M90 at Junction 1. Road becomes the A921. Carry straight on through Dalgety Bay, Burntisland, Kinghorn etc and come at Kirkcaldy from the south by the coast road. The bonus is that you arrive in Kirkcaldy virtually at Stark's Park. Very little trafffic and fast driving most of the way. I have always used this route even when there are no specific traffic problems and have usually ended up arriving embarassingly early!

My only concern is that this route still involves the M90 and the A92 which seem to be the problem.

I would also recommend the Kincardine Bridge followed by the A985 but do not turn off to Dunfermline. Stay on the A985 which takes you through Rosyth and under the M90 at Junction 1. Road becomes the A921. Carry straight on through Dalgety Bay, Burntisland, Kinghorn etc and come at Kirkcaldy from the south by the coast road. The bonus is that you arrive in Kirkcaldy virtually at Stark's Park. Very little trafffic and fast driving most of the way. I have always used this route even when there are no specific traffic problems and have usually ended up arriving embarassingly early!

Yeh, that sounds about right :thumbsup2: