Terracing

Jago1953

As long as the cost of opening a toilet/gate/pie stall in an accessible area over in the main stand wasn't too high, I reckon letting 50-100 fans into the terraced area over there would be a superb idea.

Not only would it keep the fans happier but it would enhance the atmosphere, enhance the family-friendly nature of the JH stand for those worried about that kind of thing and add value for money as there would be choice on match days.

I always think fans almost prefer to travel to away games as they like the variety and change of scene - at the moment we just don't have any of that at Firhill and that must be rectified.

More importantly, we could get closer to the action, closer to the team and get a cracking view of our 'smarter' stands from over there. I was there for the Dundee and Dunfermline cup ties a few years ago and it was superb, regardless of the results.

Certainly not a bad idea.

I'd be concerned tho' that it would be too much a compromise. One of the major benefits of traditional terracing was getting a decent view of the match. As a kid you'd be down the front but once you got a bit taller you'd move up the terracing.

Given the choice of standing or sitting I'd probably favour the former but if what was on offer was say on par with yon bike shed they had at Raydale I'd sit in the stand every time. Having decent elevation no matter how limited would be I believe a major factor in its success.

As long as the cost of opening a toilet/gate/pie stall in an accessible area over in the main stand wasn't too high, I reckon letting 50-100 fans into the terraced area over there would be a superb idea.

Not only would it keep the fans happier but it would enhance the atmosphere, enhance the family-friendly nature of the JH stand for those worried about that kind of thing and add value for money as there would be choice on match days.

I always think fans almost prefer to travel to away games as they like the variety and change of scene - at the moment we just don't have any of that at Firhill and that must be rectified.

More importantly, we could get closer to the action, closer to the team and get a cracking view of our 'smarter' stands from over there. I was there for the Dundee and Dunfermline cup ties a few years ago and it was superb, regardless of the results.

If it was at the city end of the enclosure, the pie stall and toilet in the main stand could be used. Punters could go up the stairs and into the foyer of the main stand. I seem to remember that access to the internal stairs is closed off, so no issue about wandering around. All that would be required is a steward to make sure that nobody broke the smoking regulations etc.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Would love to see terracing brought back - more than anything.

It's why I always make sure I never miss a trip to Somerset as it's the only great away ground left - although I visited Elgin City's ground a few weeks back and they have a TREMENDOUS shed.

Really can't see it happening at Firhill any time soon though. But If I win the lottery next week I'll build one myself!