Tonight

Big Dave

I saw a young lad with the winning ticket for the last picture and was just ushered to side by the guy with the microphone. By this time there was already someone on stage claiming to have won.

From a neutral perspective it was disappointing to see as he wouldn't of got to go on stage with the 71 team. Other than that, it was a great night.

From my position at the front of the stage that guy that claimed the photo appeared to have the right number, but on the orangey coloured ticket.

Jaggernaut - the breakeven point was 250 -so we are in profit ,not sure by how much as we had a fair few overheads to cover plus we have to deduct VAT etc HOWEVER at the outset the aim was to have a Fans Celebration night and try and not loose money ,we pitched the ticket prices at this and wanted people to bring there kids ,all of this was achieved -so mission accomplished -problem with Firhill is function suites are not large enough for this sort of event.

I will however give you a promise -we get promotion,I will throw a party twice the sie of last night :lol:

All good!

:thumbsup2:

For those who couldn't make it, Bobby Lawrie auctioned off his League Cup winners medal at the time of Save the Jags and gave the money to the club.

What Bobby Lawrie did for the club, on and off the field, should never, ever be forgotten.

"We've got Bobby Bobby Bobby Lawrie on the wing on the wing..."

I remember waiting after the game for the players to come out. We had beaten St Johnston (might have been the 5-1 game) and the wee man had run riot. My mate said to him "..hard game against that full-back the night Bobby..." and Bobby looked at us, smiled a huge smile, and said "aye, he's a good player". I think that full-back was Johnnie Lambie.

Actually got a chance to speak to Bobby at the celebration. He was just enjoying himself so much it was great to see. I was a bit p155ed and was hugging him and telling him how great he was and all that stuff, and he said to me "..see the Thistle fans, they're the best in the world, so they are, the best in the world."

Love that man.

Actually got a chance to speak to Bobby at the celebration. He was just enjoying himself so much it was great to see. I was a bit p155ed and was hugging him and telling him how great he was and all that stuff, and he said to me "..see the Thistle fans, they're the best in the world, so they are, the best in the world."

He was on top form. A few of us did a wee jig with him when the team were being brought out one-by-one. Great character.

What Bobby Lawrie did for the club, on and off the field, should never, ever be forgotten.

"We've got Bobby Bobby Bobby Lawrie on the wing on the wing..."

I remember waiting after the game for the players to come out. We had beaten St Johnston (might have been the 5-1 game) and the wee man had run riot. My mate said to him "..hard game against that full-back the night Bobby..." and Bobby looked at us, smiled a huge smile, and said "aye, he's a good player". I think that full-back was Johnnie Lambie.

Love that man.

BL was definitely on fine form at Hampden on Saturday!

What I loved about his style of play was that when he went on a run, instead of keeping the ball under close control he would usually knock it far in front of him and then just belt after it. Just like one of his beloved dugs after a hare. It was great to watch.

The true, timeless legend that is Bobby Lawrie also took the time to sit down with my mate's 5 year old daughter to draw... something with her. Emily's a mad drawer and sits in Section 2 drawing endlessly (can't really blame her!), and if I get the chance I'll post a link to Bobby's 'drawing'. Let's just say that wee Emily's product was barely decipherable and yet it was 10 times more recognisable that Bobby's. :D

The man is a giant in the pantheon of Thistle giants, and if it's possible to contact the current owner of Bobby's winner's medal, I'd certainly be up for making a contribution, as part of an organised thing, towards buying it back for Bobby to keep. It just shows what a brilliant bloke he is selling it in the first place to get money for STJ.

Bobby Lawrie :worship:

The true, timeless legend that is Bobby Lawrie also took the time to sit down with my mate's 5 year old daughter to draw... something with her. Emily's a mad drawer and sits in Section 2 drawing endlessly (can't really blame her!), and if I get the chance I'll post a link to Bobby's 'drawing'. Let's just say that wee Emily's product was barely decipherable and yet it was 10 times more recognisable that Bobby's. :D

The man is a giant in the pantheon of Thistle giants, and if it's possible to contact the current owner of Bobby's winner's medal, I'd certainly be up for making a contribution, as part of an organised thing, towards buying it back for Bobby to keep. It just shows what a brilliant bloke he is selling it in the first place to get money for STJ.

Bobby Lawrie :worship:

Now there's a good idea!

The first of two things I'm sure about; the second I'm not, but here goes:

1) Of the money that BL got for his medal, half went to STJ, and half he donated to Whittlets Victoria, for whom he was still playing at the time!

2) The medal was actually bought by somebody in the picture at Firhill, and it was in the trophy display cabinet at least for some time.