Tonight

Big Dave

Great night, with Davie McParland and the players brilliant throughout.

It was very encouraging to see such a wide spread of ages, particularly the younger ones who were not born at the time of this triumph. Live in hope such a great day will come along again for the new generation of fans to savour, with 2021 being the year when our hopes will be at the highest.

A big thank you to all involved in arranging such a wonderful event.

It was very encouraging to see such a wide spread of ages, particularly the younger ones who were not born at the time of this triumph. Live in hope such a great day will come along again for the new generation of fans to savour, with 2021 being the year when our hopes will be at the highest.

1921 - The Scottish Cup

1971 - The League Cup

2021 - The Challenge Cup?

Fantastic night!! What a show!!

Well done the organisers!!

What a treat to see and hear the players. They looked as if they were genuinely having as great a tme as us.

And thanks to the players who signed my boys shirt. I couldn't get them all, but I got 7 or 8, including a couple in their cars trying to get home!!!!

Top moment for we was meeting, speaking to, and hugging Alex Rae. What a captain!!!! What a man!!!

C'mon admit it, who had a wee tear in their eye watching the videos???? You all know who you are. lol

Well done to Maxi who welcomed us as we came in and did his part all night.

Got a photo of my two heroes together which made my night. Dad and Roughie. :)

Could maybe have done without the "comedian" though. And Lance, you did need makeup. lol

Left Early

Didn,t think it was well organised at all.

Kept waiting for things to start and felt marooned in a barn like hall.

Alex Rae was excellent when he was talking about the final and it was good to get the photo with my lad with the cup. First time my lad has seen the final coverage and he just kept saying how flowing the football looked then.

Maybe I just didn,t stay long enough but as I was with my lad I couldn,t stand drinking all night.

My wee gripes.

Lots of the older supporters would be there and hardly a seat or table in site. Were they to stand all night.

No cloakroom to stick yer jaiket in.

Couldnae hear the commentary from the tellies.

Comedian was from the East coast so I think his humour didnae click and he didnae raise a wimper.

Bars queue was to long and felt a bit fleeced paying 2 quid for a small bottle of Irn Bru.

As I say didn,t stick around so maybe I did miss a great night in the end and I feel a little guilty that I didn,t get to salute the whole team. Hopefully everyone else had a good night.

Topcat

I think leaving early was a mistake Topcat, but can understand why you did. The lack of seats and the bar prices were cause for complaint, but I think these gripes were largely forgotten as everyone joined in a rousing sing song.

I don't think the guys that put everything together are professional event organisers, and it showed. But it was obviously a labour of love for them and the deserve congratulations for getting everybody together like that.

I think leaving early was a mistake Topcat, but can understand why you did. The lack of seats and the bar prices were cause for complaint, but I think these gripes were largely forgotten as everyone joined in a rousing sing song.

I don't think the guys that put everything together are professional event organisers, and it showed. But it was obviously a labour of love for them and the deserve congratulations for getting everybody together like that.

Yes agreed 100% Dark passenger. Thanks to those who put in all the effort to organise. I know from organising something similair how much work it is.

Really glad that it did get storming and obviously I did miss the best bits. Cmon Thistle!

It did take a bit of time to get going, and the place could have done with more tables and chairs, but it ended up a great party!

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thought Mr Gilmour was an excellent compere, Neil Sturgeon rallied the troops brilliantly, and as for the players and Davie McP, well, simply all true legends!

I even thought the comedian was quite funny!

i don't understand this comment - i got mine!!

I saw a young lad with the winning ticket for the last picture and was just ushered to side by the guy with the microphone. By this time there was already someone on stage claiming to have won.

From a neutral perspective it was disappointing to see as he wouldn't of got to go on stage with the 71 team. Other than that, it was a great night.

I saw a young lad with the winning ticket for the last picture and was just ushered to side by the guy with the microphone. By this time there was already someone on stage claiming to have won.

From a neutral perspective it was disappointing to see as he wouldn't of got to go on stage with the 71 team. Other than that, it was a great night.

Don't worry about it. It worked out in the end, to an extent.

Fantastic night!! What a show!!

Well done the organisers!!

What a treat to see and hear the players. They looked as if they were genuinely having as great a tme as us.

And thanks to the players who signed my boys shirt. I couldn't get them all, but I got 7 or 8, including a couple in their cars trying to get home!!!!

Top moment for we was meeting, speaking to, and hugging Alex Rae. What a captain!!!! What a man!!!

Did You use your now famous greeting CD -UMBALA Alex :lol:

Thought it was a great night.

There were some sound problems, couldn't really hear the video interviews that well and Neil's vocal could have been louder.

However, the interviews with the players present were just priceless. I shed a few tears at Alex Rae's stories of the day itself.

McParland, Rae, and all the other players involved - ABSOLUTE HEROES, what they did should never be forgotten.

Well done also to Jim Alexander and all the organising team. This is great for the club on several different levels. Obviously raises some much needed funds but also great for the morale of everyone connected to the club.

Edited by ian_mac

It occurred to me!!!!

Decided against it though as a) I didn't want him to attack me, and B) it was all about him and the team, not me...

Next time I see him though I will go for it.... hahahahaha

I had the top on last night that's got UMBALA printed on the back, but fortunately Mr Rae never clicked when he was in our area <_< . The last time I wore it outside of Firhill - at Perth in the 1-1 game a couple of years ago - one poster, who I hadn't previously met, tapped me on the shoulder to ask if I was that Crazy Davie bloke off the forum.

Thought it was a great night.

There were some sound problems, couldn't really hear the video interviews that well and Neil's vocal could have been louder.

However, the interviews with the players present were just priceless. I shed a few tears at Alex Rae's stories of the day itself.

McParland, Rae, and all the other players involved - ABSOLUTE HEROES, what they did should never be forgotten.

Well done also to Jim Alexander and all the organising team. This is great for the club on several different levels. Obviously raises some much needed funds but also great for the morale of everyone connected to the club.

Yep; a bit of a shame that it didn't quite sell out. Whoever got the profits from the bar certainly was quids in!

I reckon that something similar at Firhill to belatedly celebrate the Firhill Centenary would also be a hit, especially if combined with promotion to the SPL!

Edited by Jaggernaut

Yep; a bit of a shame that it didn't quite sell out. Whoever got the profits from the bar certainly was quids in!

I reckon that something similar at Firhill to belatedly celebrate the Firhill Centenary would also be a hit, especially if combined with promotion to the SPL!

Jaggernaut - the breakeven point was 250 -so we are in profit ,not sure by how much as we had a fair few overheads to cover plus we have to deduct VAT etc HOWEVER at the outset the aim was to have a Fans Celebration night and try and not loose money ,we pitched the ticket prices at this and wanted people to bring there kids ,all of this was achieved -so mission accomplished -problem with Firhill is function suites are not large enough for this sort of event.

I will however give you a promise -we get promotion,I will throw a party twice the sie of last night :lol: