Dundee Fan's Tear Stained E-Mail To The Sfa

Tom Stronach

I disagree. You can say that because you've seen the video the picture doesn't suggest anything. But if the picture was all there was and 100 neutral people were asked whether in view of the rules they thought it was a penalty, I'd bet on a "Yes", and that's because there is a suggestion of contact.

Edited to add: I've just looked at it again, and it looks even more like a penalty to me than in did before! Easy to see why the ref gave it.

Very few fans around where I was sitting thought it was a penalty, if anything it looked more like one when Cairney went down earlier.

Certainly fell in to the soft category, though bu66ered to know why we arguing over it as we have been done in the past and will no doubt be again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. You can say that because you've seen the video the picture doesn't suggest anything. But if the picture was all there was and 100 neutral people were asked whether in view of the rules they thought it was a penalty, I'd bet on a "Yes", and that's because there is a suggestion of contact.

Edited to add: I've just looked at it again, and it looks even more like a penalty to me than in did before! Easy to see why the ref gave it.

Yes, you can see from the pic why the ref gave it, but you can't use the pic as proof one way or the other, with or without the highlights. I felt the same about the pic even before I saw the highlights.