Team V Culter/latest Score

Alan Murray

I think you're all going a bit OTT. After all, we are still in the cup( at the moment) and we will get money for the replay. Now, if we don't win the replay - then you guys can rant on ! :lol:

We will get NO money. At 17 quid we'll be lucky to get 1000 through the gate, on other threads I've heard we can reduce the price if Culter agree. Whatever we charge after costs they will get nowt. Fiver a head, pray for sunny day and we might get 3000 in.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really surprised there's not a separate thread for the behavior of the NGE contingent today.

I'm not aware whether they go regularly or not but they were truly vile to be around today. Clearly up on drugs, wasted on alcohol and devoid of respect towards the rest of society.

Make no mistake, I've delivered my fair share of touchline abuse and know to expect 'colourful' characters when I go to watch the Jags, but these guys take the biscuit.

Had there been proper police there today, at least 4 or 5 would have been lifted. Those stewards did incredibly well not to hand back their doubtless minimum wage and head home for the day.

Yes, they sing all the songs and add to the atmosphere but the majority of it all went too far today. Yer grown men FFS!

I'm really surprised there's not a separate thread for the behavior of the NGE contingent today.

I'm not aware whether they go regularly or not but they were truly vile to be around today. Clearly up on drugs, wasted on alcohol and devoid of respect towards the rest of society.

Make no mistake, I've delivered my fair share of touchline abuse and know to expect 'colourful' characters when I go to watch the Jags, but these guys take the biscuit.

Had there been proper police there today, at least 4 or 5 would have been lifted. Those stewards did incredibly well not to hand back their doubtless minimum wage and head home for the day.

Yes, they sing all the songs and add to the atmosphere but the majority of it all went too far today. Yer grown men FFS!

Seconded. A mixture of middle aged men who should know better and wee boys dressed up like Danny Dyer wannabes; all were a complete embarassment.

Things like this do happen in the cups, but only if the wee team gets lucky and/or the "big" team gets sloppy. I wasn't there, but from all accounts it sounds like we failed to do a professional job and thats got to be a huge worry because there's no excuse at all, especially after results earlier in the season. If anything, we carried the luck, as most league teams would probably have finished us off if we were so far off our game.

More and more it feels like one of the big (if simplistic) ways to separate managers is between those who can change the course of a game and those who can't. Lambie could, Murdo, for example, couldn't - despite massive experience as a player and no shortage of intelligence. I don't really think McCall could and that goes some way to explain why his career is in the doldrums. McNamara...the signs aren't particularly good. I don't even know if that's a criticism, though, so much as a theory about a fairly common weakness in lower league managers. Some just seem to have the knack to analyse what's going wrong and can take steps to change it, others can see it going tits up in front of them, but they freeze. That's just the way they are. In which case they better have a really good gameplan from kick off because when they lose the initiative, they're toast.

Rambling...

sounds ******* great to me!

It's probably because their players have jobs and can't get the time off to travel down to Glasgow.

That might well be the reasoning but it's the SFA that are supposed to run the Scottish Cup. Part time teams have been traveling the length and breadth of the country to play midweek fixtures since I can remember and no doubt for many decades before that. Must be some kinda Junior constitutional thingy I suppose.

Real losers from yesterday's draw are Ayr Utd. Gonna lose them a bob or two.

That might well be the reasoning but it's the SFA that are supposed to run the Scottish Cup. Part time teams have been traveling the length and breadth of the country to play midweek fixtures since I can remember and no doubt for many decades before that. Must be some kinda Junior constitutional thingy I suppose.

Real losers from yesterday's draw are Ayr Utd. Gonna lose them a bob or two.

Ayr drew 2-2 so it was off anyway