Suggestion For The Club...

Dark Passenger

First, the positive: it was good of you organise busses for the fans today. Now, the suggestion: you have the names and details of those that attended today's match, how about covering their entry to next week's replay in a bid to atone for that embarrassment. The players might even consider putting some of their wages towards it. Balatoni can start the whip round.

Edited by Dark Passenger

First, the positive: it was good of you to put on busses for the fans today. Now, the suggestion: you have the names and details of those that attended today's match, how about covering their entry to next week's replay in a bid to atone for that embarrassment. The players might even consider putting some of their wages towards it. Balatoni can start the whip round.

:thumbsup2:

First, the positive: it was good of you organise busses for the fans today. Now, the suggestion: you have the names and details of those that attended today's match, how about covering their entry to next week's replay in a bid to atone for that embarrassment. The players might even consider putting some of their wages towards it. Balatoni can start the whip round.

Probably a reasonable enough request up until the bit in bold which, with all due respect, is stupid. These players are earning less than some of the posters on this meassageboard (i'd imagine), they are earning a living like everyone else. Yet you expect them to go into their pockets to pay for you or somebody else to watch a football match. Nae bother.

And those who have pumped shedloads of their cash into following Thistle over the years can't be shown some charity on occasion.

In any case, I said "some of their wages" could be put "towards" the cost. Not all their wages. How about the cost of a Nandos lunch?

In answer to your first point, that's our choice, nobody has forced us to do that.

2nd point. I still think its a nonsense suggestion. I'm actually wondering if you are at the wind up or not.

2nd point. I still think its a nonsense suggestion. I'm actually wondering if you are at the wind up or not.

You may well think it's nonsense, but it's not a wind up. Players pop in a tenner each, club puts out a story saying they're "contributing" to the cost of covering the attendance of those who travelled today. Bridge building.

In answer to your first point, that's our choice, nobody has forced us to do that.

Oh, and I would hope that's your response the next time a discussion re. dwindling crowd figures comes up. Yip, it is our choice, but what kind of state would the club be in if more of us chose not to follow the team.

Oh, and I would hope that's your response the next time a discussion re. dwindling crowd figures comes up. Yip, it is our choice, but what kind of state would the club be in if more of us chose not to follow the team.

Well if people choose not to follow the team then that's also their choice. However, charitable gestures to a few hundred supporters won't stop people walking away from the club. I fear that dwindling crowd figures is something that can't be controlled by Partick Thistle alone, but thats another thread.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread with negativity!! Just voicing my opinion on one aspect of it. We are all gutted by that today, its a bad, bad result for the club. No point in us arguing amongst ourselves though, lets just hope we all see a handsome Jags victory next week (with everybody paying to get in!!!) and we can try to put today behind us.

Top bit may not be too unfair, underlined bit is just stupid. And picking out one player that was on the park for less than a half cannot be held responsible for the result.

And if you have seen the abuse the players got coming off, can you really expect someone to say lets all chip in twenty lads as away off saying we accept that abuse as we deserve it. I know we don;t earn much but what the hell the fans would love it if we get them in next week so they can give us pelters again. Hang on though, if we all shove in twenty that just over a couple of hundred quid, which is less than a quid a head for the fans. Will they not think we're taking the piss. Naw they are an understanding bunch I'm sure it will be fine.

Bottom line, everyone up there watching was hacked off with the performance and result, but the end bit of you post is like an (own goal) - maybe you should atone for poor post (misplaced pass) by posting something positive about players rather then finding Balatoni with a (hospital pass).

They demonstrated real artistic flair when drawing that cock on the car. The gobule of semen was particularly realistic.

If only players could pass comment on the fans!

San you imagine.. first little negative comment and you'd want them out of the club. Though at the same time feel you can say whatever you like.

You've posted some good comments on here but this is a badly mistimed tackle, deserving in a red! :red_card:

Edited by Jagsfan58

Must admit to thinking something similar on the way home last night. The Club shouldn't morally be making money in the replay from the 350 or so that traveled. Then again if they let us lot in for nothing they'd probably lose money. By the time we split the gate take off stewarding and other costs we'll be unlikely to profit from the replay. To even get anything like a normal crowd in they're going to have to drop gate prices dramatically.

Btw I hope no one has already bought train tickets for Ayr?