I'm getting my tin hat on here but I thought first half we were very good. Played the ball on deck, lots of passing and prodding and a couple of chances but alas no end product. The final ball was sadly missing. Still reasonable support from Thistle fans and applause as the players went into the dressing room.

Second half, I don't know what happened. QOTS started to mix it up and we struggled. However the fans started to get on the players backs straight away. There are some elements of the Thistle support who must be the most miserable, negative, whiney and overly dramatic ("I'm packing it in", "Never going back" etc etc) in the whole of the country. Remember these guys are on £500 a week and many are young. They don't have the mental strength to block out the abuse from their own fans. With the negative reaction they experience why would they bother trying to take on a player to get howls of abuse and instead do a simple pass to stay away from the jibes. Yes the 2nd half was poor and yes QOTS were pish and did not deserve to win it but their negative tactics worked and they nicked it at the end. This has happened in many games throughout time.

We were robbed. Should have beaten them easily and yes I was very annoyed when I left the game and gutted that we are not in the next round.

Time for a new manager to learn from this and move on.

Which is probably more than the punters who are paying to watch it, if the team tries digs and gets stuck in they wont get on their back. There just seems to be a complete amatuerish feeling around firhill now from the stadium, the match day experience to the effort on the park, and all that for £19 a pop from the punters

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting my tin hat on here but I thought first half we were very good. Played the ball on deck, lots of passing and prodding and a couple of chances but alas no end product. The final ball was sadly missing. Still reasonable support from Thistle fans and applause as the players went into the dressing room.

Second half, I don't know what happened. QOTS started to mix it up and we struggled. However the fans started to get on the players backs straight away. There are some elements of the Thistle support who must be the most miserable, negative, whiney and overly dramatic ("I'm packing it in", "Never going back" etc etc) in the whole of the country. Remember these guys are on £500 a week and many are young. They don't have the mental strength to block out the abuse from their own fans. With the negative reaction they experience why would they bother trying to take on a player to get howls of abuse and instead do a simple pass to stay away from the jibes. Yes the 2nd half was poor and yes QOTS were pish and did not deserve to win it but their negative tactics worked and they nicked it at the end. This has happened in many games throughout time.

We were robbed. Should have beaten them easily and yes I was very annoyed when I left the game and gutted that we are not in the next round.

Time for the new manager to learn from this and move on.

agree with all of this

Quite frankly that is one of the worst games of football i have attended in as long as i can remember.

It got to the point where we were asking "will that be in the highlights?" with Gus's chest control and Aaron's spam throw in suggested as shoe in's.

the other week i attended my local team St Mirren V Dundee United. Two mid table SPL teams, play in the hurricane ******'s aftermath. it was £10 to get in. between the teams they served up 20 shots on target.

any mug who thinks there is no difference between the spl and the 1st should wake up.

what i saw today was players quite clearly either not motivated, or just out their depth. we were lucky gettin queens in the draw today, it gave us a chance to get through. those players fcked it up!

i'm sick of watching thistle players play the ball BEHIND the man running into space, just because the last time they spotted him, he was over there... the boys running... play it into his path... fckin basics!

but equally i'm getting sick of the abuse Erskine is taking. i don't know what it is, but every single mistake, missed pass or over hit cross is met with a torrent of abuse... 6 or 7 players had worse games today, and none got the stick he took. the guy never hides, is always available, owns up to his mistakes and keeps his head up. at one point in the second half, doolan dodged an over hit pass, sent to him at waist height. he got out the way of it. Erskine was right behind him and obviously had no chance to control it! cue verbal abuse at Erskine!

he is the only player who looks like creating something (barring dargo) and thanks to some morons, the guy might just shrink into his shell and play the simple boring sideways game, the same as the rest of these non entities.

Fox: not troubled, shockingly slow distribution from hand, chose the wrong man when kicking when better options available.

O'Donnell: Beating two men in one move doesn't make you a footballer. Finding your man with a pass. That would be a start.

Robertson: Aye good on ye big man, didn't notice, value, miss or appreciate you.

Archie: only him and Paton have a style all of their own that no other footballer uses. Archie's is the bring it down, miss control your second touch, make a forward pass to no one, that looks like a sliding tackle taking it off the forwards toes! i also like the arms over the forwards shoulder thing he's going for, seems the refs liked it too, none judged impeding the striker to be an offence!

Sinclair: Great engine (headless chicken) fckin appalling delivery. the only guy i know who's throw in is worse than his cross. and his crossing is some of the worst i've seen.

Erskine: Only meaningful shot of the game for the team, early in the first half... only good cross into the box for the team. beat men, never hid, didn't play especially well, but only made 4 mistakes. took a fckin torrent of abuse from the JHS when ever the ball went near him and play broke down. even if it wasn't his fault.

Paton: flaters to kid no one. this swinging arm and touch and run to control a ball out the air and beat a man is now fooling himself! you're in the middle of the park now paul, not right back, *****ing about. his in ability to be aware of a pass outwith the way he's facing is painful to watch!

Flannigan: not sure why he was in the team, squad, changing room, stadium, City of Glasgow today.

Cairney: the only guy in the team who the rest of his team mates have faith in. everything MUST go through him... but once you give him the ball? aye, hide, thats cool, he'll do everything for you!

Stewart: See Flannigan. Mate, please, you are not a footballer. Might aswell admit it.

Doolan: Ran tirelessly, with no service, barring a punt from fox, or 2, when he had 2 or 3 men on him. Deserved man of the match. Never gave up.

advice:

Drop Flannigan and stewart, bring in Elliott and Dargo... and as a team, get your fckin fingers out your lazy fckin arses.

CAn't bring in Dargo - no cup run, no money, been released.