Players You Hate Or Hated

uberteeb

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this be the same Archie who stuck the nut on a player on Friday ?

As for being in his Company I found him polite and not arrogant in any form -we chatted about La Liga and his ambition to someday play in it -this is a guy who came over from Spain from in effect a Junior Club and played in a EUFA Final by any measurement that has to be admired.

As for the pint tumbler comment -he looked pretty fit -rather you than me is all I can say -if PTFC had players over the years with half his dedication we would be stronger position than we are now

How about his tackle on Ian Ross (and getstures to the JH stand in the same game) while playing for Dundee at Firhill.

He may be a good player but he's done a few things in games against Thistle for the fans to take more than a passinig dislike to.

I've still never forgiven Owen Coyle for spitting at Jags fans at Old Broomfield.

Novo put himself about he was a physical player I wouldnt say he was a dirty player -lets face it we have had our fair share ourselves as for gesturing -Don Mcvicar was charged for the same thing playing for ST J against PTFC but wen onto become a Thistle Legend.

The Coyley spitting incident has grown as time passes -he spat in the general direction of the Thistle support when he was getting pelters -**** off back to Ireland ya wee terrorist being amongst the stuff handed out -we are all human.

Both of these players gave there all for every Club they played for - that in my opinion is to be admired -if PTFC Players over the last 10 years had half there dedication and committment we would be in the SPL.

Owen Coyle in person is one of the most decent guys you will ever meet in Football and has a lot of time for PTFC

I don't actually mind players gesturing. I remember having some cracking banter with St Johnstone keeper Andy Rhodes in a league cup tie at McDirmaid park.

Novo is a different kettle of fish altogether in my book. His tackle on Archie while playing for Raith and especially the one on Ian Ross while at Dundee (studs up) were cynical acts of thuggery. Didn't Novo also have something to do with the tackle that effectively ended David McCallum's career in a Challenge Cup tie at Starks Park? And all that is without mentioning the fact that he did the dirty on his Raith team mate who let him stay at his house.

I don't actually mind players gesturing. I remember having some cracking banter with St Johnstone keeper Andy Rhodes in a league cup tie at McDirmaid park.

Novo is a different kettle of fish altogether in my book. His tackle on Archie while playing for Raith and especially the one on Ian Ross while at Dundee (studs up) were cynical acts of thuggery. Didn't Novo also have something to do with the tackle that effectively ended David McCallum's career in a Challenge Cup tie at Starks Park? And all that is without mentioning the fact that he did the dirty on his Raith team mate who let him stay at his house.

I will give you Novo -who ultimately was a very good player and raise you Billy Abercrombie :evil:

Surprised that Fernando Ricksen hasn't made anyones list - now that guy was a class arse.

I also hate Billy McDonald - mainly because of "that" freekick.

Drunkan Ferguson was just a knob

Kenny Brannigan gets on the list for being the worst player I have seen pull on a Thistle shirt - and that does include the Callaghans

Interloper alert - Shaun Dennis & Ross Tokely for reckless & career ruining tackles on John Hewitt and Chris Kerr respectively.

Paul Hartley who scored against us while playing for Hamilton, Raith, Hibs, Morton (his only goal for them during a brief loan period), St. Johnstone & Hearts - always felt it was kind of fitting that his final game was against us. Also a sad measure of the march of time that his playing career is finished and he now a manager!

Special mention must go to my all time worst Saints player Chic Charnley - never promoted but often relegated in his career. Is it any coincedence that we were relegated in 91/91 & you were promoted.

Edited by btb