Players You Hate Or Hated

uberteeb

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And? The man's a scumbag and a disgrace to Scottish football.

i met neil lennon and he was a perfect gentleman. i have a lot of respect for him for all the vile abuse he has to take on a daily basis. Saw him speaking on that program about depression, and i have a higher opinion of him since that. he's a heart on sleeve type of man, with the best interests of his club at heart and i'd go as far as to say i admire him

Why do you hate Martin Hardie?

When he scored the winner for Killie against us at Rugby Park (the Stephane Bonnes game), he couldn't stop himself from throwing "get it up yeez" gestures towards our support. He wasn't even singled out for any stick from us as well. It was a huge game and arguably the one that relegated us, so it pissed me off no end. Also, his behaviour in getting Grant Murray sent off against Airdrie the following season further lowered my opinion of him. More gestures towards our support that day.

i met neil lennon and he was a perfect gentleman. i have a lot of respect for him for all the vile abuse he has to take on a daily basis. Saw him speaking on that program about depression, and i have a higher opinion of him since that. he's a heart on sleeve type of man, with the best interests of his club at heart and i'd go as far as to say i admire him

Of course the abuse he has taken has been vile and disgraceful, but instead of keeping his head down and quietly getting on with his job, he continues to draw attention to himself by continuenly abusing referees, getting involved in touchline disputes and suggesting that there is institutional bias against his club. The man is totally devoid of class. He is terrible loser as well as a terrible winner. Running along the touchline at Tannadice like a derranged child, gesturing towards the Motherwell support instead of shaking the opposition managers hand. The list goes on. I wish no harm to the man, but I'm looking forward to the day he leaves Scottish football. His crusade against referees last season helped drag our game further into the gutter and encouraged more paranoia from Celtic's already deluded, fickle and miltant support.

When he scored the winner for Killie against us at Rugby Park (the Stephane Bonnes game), he couldn't stop himself from throwing "get it up yeez" gestures towards our support. He wasn't even singled out for any stick from us as well. It was a huge game and arguably the one that relegated us, so it pissed me off no end.

I can only remember Hardie scoring against us for Killie once - an away game at the very start of the 2003/04 season.

any Liverpool player, jimmy boyle for thinking my stepson was a y.t.s boy when he had won tickets to firhill and decided to give him abuse for refusing to carrying his bag up the stair as he waited to meet the players. I gave him a bit of verbal as i was standing in ear shot and he just smirked at me. scum. Ever more so now because he manages them. We should maybe try and start a fight club and invite all these scumbags along

What a pr1ck! My mate calls him "The Cube" because of his...unnatural body shape...I thought it was classic!

Of course the abuse he has taken has been vile and disgraceful, but instead of keeping his head down and quietly getting on with his job, he continues to draw attention to himself by continuenly abusing referees, getting involved in touchline disputes and suggesting that there is institutional bias against his club. The man is totally devoid of class. He is terrible loser as well as a terrible winner. Running along the touchline at Tannadice like a derranged child, gesturing towards the Motherwell support instead of shaking the opposition managers hand. The list goes on. I wish no harm to the man, but I'm looking forward to the day he leaves Scottish football. His crusade against referees last season helped drag our game further into the gutter and encouraged more paranoia from Celtic's already deluded, fickle and miltant support.

Agree with this in the main, although Lennon does, from time to time, actually do something that makes you think maybe he's not a total moron. The stuff he said about dealing with depression was excellent.

Past

Andy Goram

Richard Gough

John Brown

Mark Hateley

Ian Durrant

Ian Ferguson

Gordon Dalziel

Peter Grant

Chris Sutton

Owen Coyle

Alex Rae

Steven Pressley

Kenny Brannigan

John Martin

Duncan Shearer

Neil Lennon

Brian Welsh

Mixu Paatalinen (sp?)

Brian McPhee

David Bingham

John Robertson

James Grady

Andy McLaren (used to hate him when he played against us, but I have great respect for him now)

Scott Leitch

Craig Brewster

Paul Hartley

Present

Kyle Lafferty

David Healy

Lee McCulloch

Alan MacGregor

Steven Naismith

Scott Brown

Kayal

Antony Stokes

Leigh Griffiths

Ross Tokely

Ian Black

Dougie Imrie

Gary Harkins

Martin Hardie

Stillian Petrov

Thierry Henry

Gareth Bale

Ashley Cole

John Terry

Steven Gerrard

Frank Lampard

Adebayor

Andy Carroll

Gareth Barry

Stewart Downing

No Millwall players in that list.

Yeah that game when Hardie scored was early, the Stephanne Bonnes game was later in the season, I think Kris Boyd scored the winner in that game.

You're right enough. David Lilley got the equaliser and Boyd got the winner. I remember the first game well. David Lilley (playing for us at the time) got sent off early on for a shocker for a tackle and Gerry Collins was in the papers the next day saying he was pleading with our board to pay the players a win bonus as we had played so well, which summed up the man's idiocy for me.

Still, my point remains valid - Martin Hardie is a twat.

I find it difficult to reconcile the softly-spoken, erudite, even (crikey) likeable Bolton manager with the contemptible little sneak who played for Airdrie (and many others) against us. I maintain it's a different person.

Novo is the only player I would have happily seen get a career ending injury.

Hardie's actions in the Airdrie game TS mentions were despicable, but he still ended up in credit overall.

This thread has made me think, I haven't really got wound up about anyone in the last couple of years. The boy Higginbotham at Falkirk has that sort of air about him though, fancies himself, petulant, and always leaves the studs in when he can.

I quite like Imrie, I'd certainly have him at Firhill :shok:

Totally agree about Hardie. Stuck in my craw a bit when he came back to us on loan.

The game at A*rdrie when Hardie did a knee high tackle on Andy Dowie and gave 2 or 3 'get it up you' gestures to the Jags fans. Grant Murray being sent off for retribution is also worth a mention. I was willing him to do Hardie an injury that day.

And? The man's a scumbag and a disgrace to Scottish football.

Would tend to agree..although he has been calmer since becoming a manager.(and for his own safety)

While he was a player he was an absolute roaster..giving it the big un down Byres Road.

When he was attacked by those 2 guys that was just one of a spate of incidents down the westend and it was just a matter of time.

the beast that is Christiano Ronaldo is also a despicable character, He get's his body hair waxed off, probably has a skin care regime and is just a pure burd. Also he raped a burd then paid them off to keep her mouths shut. allegedly. There's been a few of those stories going about

Edited by The Mighty Quinn

Re: Martin Hardie at Airdrie - Who got sent off that day? I remember Juan Ramon Escalas almost keeping us in the game. Oh, and another absolute shocker from Brian Cassidy who was out there by himself as the worst ref I have ever seen.

Was it not Grant Murray and Andy Wilkinson?

I remember Wilkinson pushing the ref 'Di Canio style'

Brian Cassidy was one of the worst ref's I've ever seen. Truly dreadful individual.