Fingers On The Pulse At Fifa

McKennan

I can only hope that the SFA and SPL start to take the rules of our game seriously, with regards to financial mismanagement (and cheating) when it comes to how Rankers have been run.

The contrast between how Hearts have been treated (by the authorities AND the scottish media), and the complete lack of lights shone on, questions asked, emergency commitee meetings, and penalties imposed on the Govan Ham Shanks, is deplorable.

The media report next to nothing just now about the HMRC case (the FTT concluded yesterday btw), other than regurgitating the deflective (and ultimately false) PR spin from Wido Whyte about supposed signings which never happen (cos they have no moolah).

The FTT regarding the EBT scam is the biggest story to hit Scottish Football in decades, yet it's either not reported (yet alone investigated fully), or it's dismissed with a couple of glib lines about how they won't be found guilty and will get away with it all with a wee slap on the wrist. Similarily, the SFA and SPL continue to sit on their hands (proably with their fingers inserted upwards), and ear muffs and blind folds on as they sing la la la.

I can only hope once the HMRC tribunal publically announce their judgement, the SFA and SPL will be forced to act, and apply the rules of the game vigourously and to the maximum.

That means stripping of ALL titles won by Rankers while the EBT was in effect. Wiped from the history books, and these seasons shown in such books to have had no winners.

Rankers (if a phoenix club rises from the ashes should they go bust - and if the FTT finds them guilty, the tax they owe their Queen and Country plus penalties and other debt means they will), must be kicked out the Scottish leagues, and made to apply for admittance to the bottom tier - there are currently rumours of the SPL doing a dirty deal to parachute them straight back in to the SPL.

Even if they don't go bust (highly unlikely even if HMRC don't win, such is they deep shit they are in financially), they should be dealt with to the full letter of the law and regulations, and that means 3 league demotion, if not kicked out of the leagues entirely (club in Switzerland were this week kicked out of their league for financial irregularities and payment failures, on a level and timeframe less than Hearts current debt and late payments), as well as transfer emabrgo's, made to account quarterly, and excluded from rights to any UEFA competetions for a minimum of three years.

Hearts have done wrong, of that there is no doubt (although maybe Mad Vlad ain't so mad, and his recent late payments have all been a ruse to try and out the double standards and duplicity of the SFA, SPL etc, over Rankers) but the double standards of which they have been given attention (media and by football governing bodies), and that of Rankers being given a continued blind eye while carrying out the biggest con in Scottish football over two decades, is nothing short of a national scandal, and i can only hope and pray that true justice will prevail.

rangerstaxcase latest post and comments therein, gives a bigger picture and more insight into it all.

If the Scottish football authorities do not deal with this issue soon, then football in scotland is once and for all truly fkd.

I take it the FIFA spivs have a plan on how to deal with the mullahs of Qatar in 2022 on the issue of beer sales and consumption. Does every Islamist worth his salt actually have a price, or will Allah's finest tell Blatter's Bombardiers what they can do with their Budweiser and their filthy lucre?

Or does Budweiser conveniently lose out on the sponsorship bid that year in favour of Coca Cola?

I take it the FIFA spivs have a plan on how to deal with the mullahs of Qatar in 2022 on the issue of beer sales and consumption. Does every Islamist worth his salt actually have a price, or will Allah's finest tell Blatter's Bombardiers what they can do with their Budweiser and their filthy lucre?

Or does Budweiser conveniently lose out on the sponsorship bid that year in favour of Coca Cola?

FIFA have already agreed the beer in the stadiums deals with Russia for 2018 and Qatar in 2022.

I can only hope that the SFA and SPL start to take the rules of our game seriously, with regards to financial mismanagement (and cheating) when it comes to how Rankers have been run.

The contrast between how Hearts have been treated (by the authorities AND the scottish media), and the complete lack of lights shone on, questions asked, emergency commitee meetings, and penalties imposed on the Govan Ham Shanks, is deplorable.

The media report next to nothing just now about the HMRC case (the FTT concluded yesterday btw), other than regurgitating the deflective (and ultimately false) PR spin from Wido Whyte about supposed signings which never happen (cos they have no moolah).

The FTT regarding the EBT scam is the biggest story to hit Scottish Football in decades, yet it's either not reported (yet alone investigated fully), or it's dismissed with a couple of glib lines about how they won't be found guilty and will get away with it all with a wee slap on the wrist. Similarily, the SFA and SPL continue to sit on their hands (proably with their fingers inserted upwards), and ear muffs and blind folds on as they sing la la la.

I can only hope once the HMRC tribunal publically announce their judgement, the SFA and SPL will be forced to act, and apply the rules of the game vigourously and to the maximum.

That means stripping of ALL titles won by Rankers while the EBT was in effect. Wiped from the history books, and these seasons shown in such books to have had no winners.

Rankers (if a phoenix club rises from the ashes should they go bust - and if the FTT finds them guilty, the tax they owe their Queen and Country plus penalties and other debt means they will), must be kicked out the Scottish leagues, and made to apply for admittance to the bottom tier - there are currently rumours of the SPL doing a dirty deal to parachute them straight back in to the SPL.

Even if they don't go bust (highly unlikely even if HMRC don't win, such is they deep shit they are in financially), they should be dealt with to the full letter of the law and regulations, and that means 3 league demotion, if not kicked out of the leagues entirely (club in Switzerland were this week kicked out of their league for financial irregularities and payment failures, on a level and timeframe less than Hearts current debt and late payments), as well as transfer emabrgo's, made to account quarterly, and excluded from rights to any UEFA competetions for a minimum of three years.

Hearts have done wrong, of that there is no doubt (although maybe Mad Vlad ain't so mad, and his recent late payments have all been a ruse to try and out the double standards and duplicity of the SFA, SPL etc, over Rankers) but the double standards of which they have been given attention (media and by football governing bodies), and that of Rankers being given a continued blind eye while carrying out the biggest con in Scottish football over two decades, is nothing short of a national scandal, and i can only hope and pray that true justice will prevail.

rangerstaxcase latest post and comments therein, gives a bigger picture and more insight into it all.

If the Scottish football authorities do not deal with this issue soon, then football in scotland is once and for all truly fkd.

Errm ... okay.

Cheers, didn't know that. I can see it becoming an issue, though, for the guardians of the Qur'an nearer the time.

Muslims have an as interesting and varied a relationship with alcohol as most people. As with Christians, the degree of disapproval depends upon not just interpretation of scriptures but politics.

You'll find many Muslim shopkeepers in this country sell alcohol, but don't use it.

Unless I'm mistaken, Ismailis can take alcohol. The Hashishin were Ismailis, by the way.

Curious how we're banging on about beer at the World Cup in Qatar ... under the laws of this country we can't drink at football games either!

Muslims have an as interesting and varied a relationship with alcohol as most people. As with Christians, the degree of disapproval depends upon not just interpretation of scriptures but politics.

You'll find many Muslim shopkeepers in this country sell alcohol, but don't use it.

Unless I'm mistaken, Ismailis can take alcohol. The Hashishin were Ismailis, by the way.

Curious how we're banging on about beer at the World Cup in Qatar ... under the laws of this country we can't drink at football games either!

Good points, not least the last bit.

Thing is with many of these Emirate (?) type states, they apparently turn a blind eye to non-locals discreetly procuring and consuming drink in their own environment on the understanding that their own people aren't exposed to it. This will be completely different, with spectators of both local and non-local persuasions mixing (presumably) and the non-locals being able to openly drink. That will surely be an issue for the orthodox clerics. :police:

As for the Hashishin, well I'm sure, as I think you're suggesting, drink isn't their foremost natural proclivity. <_<

I have friends, Muslim and non-Muslim Scots, working in newspapers and telly in a couple of the Gulf states.

Their experience seems to be that drinking at home and in private company is allowed. As with most countries, there's do as we say and do as we do.

The shenanigans of the House of Saud is a good example of that. Piety in public but womanising, drinking, gambling and mano-a-mano shaggery in private.

Despite what you might see on the telly or read in the papers, Muslims are more often than not easy going people. The feller with the hook and his like are about as typical of their people as balaclava wearing bampots are representative of Northern Ireland.

Most religious folk shy away from alcohol as it leaves them out of control. Lord knows how the rattlesnake handlers fit.