Ayr vs Partick Thistle - Oh we do like to be beside the seaside...

jagfox

Ayr we go, Ayr we go...

More tears or will we grab a win on the road to start the league campaign?

I'm not sure we have enough heads still attached to suffer another defeat.

I reckon a draw might be the order of the day...

Over Land and Sea...

The lineup should be interesting if we don't get another RB in.  I have the fear about Spittal at RWB, although Ayr's preference for playing in the channels last Sat might lend towards playing 3 at the back against them.  

At least we get to listen to that chat on the train again.  Here hen, where's Ayr?  ers Ayr!  Where?  er er!  Where er er?  Er er, see, Ayr!

• Haha 1

Like others I'd settle for a draw. We're slightly weaker than last Saturday and couldn't even score at home. So no real reason to believe we'll get points with Ayr having home advantage. Clutching at straws but their two goals last week came from an atrocious mistake and a wonder kick, both of which are unlikely to be repeated. 

I'm not one that favours dropping a formation and changing everything around to go 3-5-2 unless absolutely warranted. Saturday might just be one of those occasions where playing three centrebacks is a better option than playing Spittal or whoever as a makeshift orthodox full back. Similar situation in fact as to when Lawless had to play wingback.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Here’s hoping that will be the same tomorrow at 5pm 

Haha. Love it. Would love to see us nick a point tomorrow (if I make it out of pub) and I'd love it even more if we could win,  but the intelligent clear thinking realist in me says we will lose.  3-1 Ayr

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

After the game last week I didnt think I would bother today. However, like last season, im thinking, surely we cant be as poor as that again. Besides its a decent train journey down and it usually helps not being sober. Come oan Thistle

That's the spirit. I'm doing my bit by hammering my nth can of super Yebisu Japanese beer.... game doesn't start for another four hours.....

Wish I was there - hope we can get a good result & kick on from here.

Let’s not forget we’ve made it into the next round of the Cup, got a few quid coming our way - and it’s only day 1 of the league today! Things could be way worse. The season won’t be defined by today, but a positive result would be most welcome.

We have the players to do it & the support will likely be fantastic! Will be tuning into Jagzone - intae them Thistle!

• Like 1

• twinny locked this topic