News Surrounding Rumoured Signing Targets

Deuchar WILL end up at the Bairns. He's gonna be working in the area and something will be worked out so he can play with them on a part-time basis. We missed the boat with that one due to wishing to not sign anyway until as late as possible.

They're building a decent squad. That'll be two quick and skillful wingers, plus a target for them to aim at should Deuchar sign.

Barry Douglas has had loads of offers. Dundee Utd and Watford are the current frontrunners. He will decide in the next few days.

I beleive he also had offers from Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Mirren, Thistle and a few other sides.

We never had a chance of signing Douglas as we could not compete with the offers from the other clubs. He made the wrong choice in signing for the Arabs and should have picked Watford.

We never had a chance of signing Douglas as we could not compete with the offers from the other clubs.

McCall said as much earlier in the year. I thought our only hope of getting the lad was maybe on a short contract using us as a sort of half way house where he could be guaranteed week to week football. Big step up for the guy and he may play a lot less top team football this coming season than he'd like :unsure: .

Why did he choose the wrong team? He made a great choice and i wish him all the best.

I know him and grew up with him down Pollok great lad and always had the potential.

As a young lad he wont wanna move to far from his family, girlfriend and mates...

He has picked Dundee utd to further his game and training.

He has to adapt to full time football and training with top players in the SPL.

I don't think he's expecting to break into the first team week in week out just yet but will probably be trying his heart out til the day he does.

Let's think about this...

SPL reserve league has some good quality players playing in it every week prob better than the quality of the SFL some weeks aswel as the old firm players on the fringes of there teams

Why did he choose the wrong team? He made a great choice and i wish him all the best.

I know him and grew up with him down Pollok great lad and always had the potential.

As a young lad he wont wanna move to far from his family, girlfriend and mates...

He has picked Dundee utd to further his game and training.

He has to adapt to full time football and training with top players in the SPL.

I don't think he's expecting to break into the first team week in week out just yet but will probably be trying his heart out til the day he does.

Let's think about this...

SPL reserve league has some good quality players playing in it every week prob better than the quality of the SFL some weeks aswel as the old firm players on the fringes of there teams

The SPL doesn't even have a reserve league. If he's not in the first team by the age of 19 in the SPL then you don't play apart from the occasional bounce game.

Sorry just googled it and found new knowledge that its been scrapped.

maybe he'll just get a few bounce games but Peter Houston has signed a 3 year deal and signed Barry to a 3 year deal so both have same time length there shows he's looking to spend time and develope him into first team material.

He'll be on cloud nine at the min just signing with an SPL club. isn't it the place to be in Scotland?

Not to sure if we were ever signing him anyway as it was just rumour. But we dont definetly be signing Jamie Longworth this summer anyway as he has just joined Queens Park.

He'll be a great signing for them. I'm surprised it's took him this long to move up a level. I'm sure if he does well, McCall will have him watched.