Why Do We Always Complain

phoenix1876

just to note ... i do these aswell

nothin is ever good enough anymore

like i notice if a player makes a mistake .... his own fans shout expletives at said player, in spain & germany they encourage the player

we expect a manager to come in in the first season and do well, where is this idea that a manager must come in and exceed expectations straight away

i admit that certain results dont help matters (culter for example)

however,

look at the other clubs who are lower than us.

who have experienced managers & more money

should we not accept the fact this will take some time and encourage the team and staff

rather than criticise them and want them sacked

and yous are right that its your money that you are spending

but this isnt going to change over night

or do we just like to complain

just to note ... i do these aswell

nothin is ever good enough anymore

like i notice if a player makes a mistake .... his own fans shout expletives at said player, in spain & germany they encourage the player

we expect a manager to come in in the first season and do well, where is this idea that a manager must come in and exceed expectations straight away

i admit that certain results dont help matters (culter for example)

however,

look at the other clubs who are lower than us.

who have experienced managers & more money

should we not accept the fact this will take some time and encourage the team and staff

rather than criticise them and want them sacked

and yous are right that its your money that you are spending

but this isnt going to change over night

or do we just like to complain

cracking post and very true :thumbsup2:

I cant believe the negativity i hear week in and week out, take last night a chorus of boos and the first half was 20 - 30 minutes old. Im not saying they arent allowed an opinion but ffs wait till the game s finished we all know a game can change in the blink of an eye. There are people around me who i have yet to hear say anything positive or encourage the team. It does my tits in

I cant believe the negativity i hear week in and week out, take last night a chorus of boos and the first half was 20 - 30 minutes old. Im not saying they arent allowed an opinion but ffs wait till the game s finished we all know a game can change in the blink of an eye. There are people around me who i have yet to hear say anything positive or encourage the team. It does my tits in

Same here. There are some people who go to Firhill to shout abuse at the team and manager. They never have anything positive to say. When challenged the answer is, "I've paid my money so I'm entitled to my opinion". Perhaps so, but not screeched at 110 decibels from a few feet away!

But let's look on the bright side, at least I'll never need my ears syringed.

Why do i complain?

Frustration more than anything else, mainly due to not getting to the games as often as i should.

My frustration gets worse the longer im away, and lessens when im there, yeh i get annoyed at the games, who doesnt but for every "Ferfexsake" theres 2 or 3 "Cmon thistle intae them", still get the anticipation walking from maryhill road up to the game, peering through the gates to see who's warming up, the size of the away support, state of the pitch. Getting your pie(s) before kick off, quick flick through the programme before the teams come out. always thinking this will be the game/season sometimes it is sometimes its not. When its not i can accept it if the team gives its all, and the support does tend to rally when there is a fight to the team.

Does the team infuriate/frustrate/depress me???

Aye

Do i live in hope of that the team will Inspire/excite/captivate me???

Aye

Will i keep going back???

Hell yeh

Do i miss it, even the bad days??

Like you wouldnt believe

Why do i complain?

Frustration more than anything else, mainly due to not getting to the games as often as i should.

My frustration gets worse the longer im away, and lessens when im there, yeh i get annoyed at the games, who doesnt but for every "Ferfexsake" theres 2 or 3 "Cmon thistle intae them", still get the anticipation walking from maryhill road up to the game, peering through the gates to see who's warming up, the size of the away support, state of the pitch. Getting your pie(s) before kick off, quick flick through the programme before the teams come out. always thinking this will be the game/season sometimes it is sometimes its not. When its not i can accept it if the team gives its all, and the support does tend to rally when there is a fight to the team.

Does the team infuriate/frustrate/depress me???

Aye

Do i live in hope of that the team will Inspire/excite/captivate me???

Aye

Will i keep going back???

Hell yeh

Do i miss it, even the bad days??

Like you wouldnt believe

Get behind the team yes for sure complain yes for sure they both go hand in hand with football supporters the world over I am a Spanish Season ticket holder and let me assure you it is no different over there just said in a different language that is what makes it the game that it is.

Edited by Alan Hansen

It a strange and weird thing to say but isnt the point of going to a thistle game never in expectation but always in hope all about being a jags fan , dont know the last game i went to and thought here is a certain victory , even the Culter game away. It ads to the romance of being a supporter of a club outside the OF , Every game we feel frustrated but it wouldnt be a thistle game without that feeling , Rant over lads ,

It a strange and weird thing to say but isnt the point of going to a thistle game never in expectation but always in hope all about being a jags fan , dont know the last game i went to and thought here is a certain victory , even the Culter game away. It ads to the romance of being a supporter of a club outside the OF , Every game we feel frustrated but it wouldnt be a thistle game without that feeling , Rant over lads ,

Of course we can expect to beat Culter away and Berwick at home. Going into a game expecting to comfortably beat a non-league or 3rd Division team is natural and logical for a Thistle fan by virtue of being a far bigger club paying far bigger wages with far better players, it doesn't make anyone like an OF supporter.

This isn't directed at your in particular but it's like a broken record on here with the default position of anyone who can't face anger and dissapointment in other fans to say "that's how the OF fans think".

Of course we can expect to beat Culter away and Berwick at home. Going into a game expecting to comfortably beat a non-league or 3rd Division team is natural and logical for a Thistle fan by virtue of being a far bigger club paying far bigger wages with far better players, it doesn't make anyone like an OF supporter.

This isn't directed at your in particular but it's like a broken record on here with the default position of anyone who can't face anger and dissapointment in other fans to say "that's how the OF fans think".

probably agree with you there to be honest mate.

i fully agree with the romance of being a thistle fan, the uncertainty of not being guarenteed a win, that is what makes football entertaining no matter what team you support.

The over joy of winning and upset when we lose

but when when your watching an 18 yr old thistle player, marking a 25yr old and getting either over powered, out classed or out paced,

You get people screaming abuse at him

im no psychologist, but hes not going to gain confidence in that

we have a manager who is probably matching expectations for his first season, not just being a thistle manager but being a manager outright

Alex ferguson almost got sacked at man utd

and im not saying that jackie mac will turn out like ferguson

but who knows.

and then our cheery wee faces will come on here and start giving abuse at anything they can with the clubs

wether it being the pies not being warm enough, the stewards stopping someone from taking a picture and now the ball boys

we have had players over the years that will always say that we are the best supporters to play for, thats a reputation that i really like.

part of the reason of me being a thistle fan was the banter you got at firhill, and the stands are slowly changing from comical banter to just standard verbal abuse.

i fully agree with the romance of being a thistle fan, the uncertainty of not being guarenteed a win, that is what makes football entertaining no matter what team you support.

The over joy of winning and upset when we lose

but when when your watching an 18 yr old thistle player, marking a 25yr old and getting either over powered, out classed or out paced,

You get people screaming abuse at him

im no psychologist, but hes not going to gain confidence in that

we have a manager who is probably matching expectations for his first season, not just being a thistle manager but being a manager outright

Alex ferguson almost got sacked at man utd

and im not saying that jackie mac will turn out like ferguson

but who knows.

and then our cheery wee faces will come on here and start giving abuse at anything they can with the clubs

wether it being the pies not being warm enough, the stewards stopping someone from taking a picture and now the ball boys

we have had players over the years that will always say that we are the best supporters to play for, thats a reputation that i really like.

part of the reason of me being a thistle fan was the banter you got at firhill, and the stands are slowly changing from comical banter to just standard verbal abuse.

Is the bit in bold in reference to a specific incident or just over-exaggerated speculation? Maybe it's just where I sit but I have never heard anyone giving a torrent of abuse to an 18 year old Jags youngster.

As for the "romance" and "for the banter" crap, whatever floats your boat pal, I'm a Jags fan because they're my team. That is all. The cuddly toy stuff gives me the boak.

It is frustrating at times (well most of the time) watching Thistle, and generally I think that the fans get behind the team when the are working hard and putting the effort in.

What kills it at times - we have a kick off, the fans are making a lot of noise, it looks like the game is going to have a good atmosphere and there is a real sense of anticipation. We kick off, and three seconds later the ball is booted out of play and the backing is killed stone dead.

It is frustrating at times (well most of the time) watching Thistle, and generally I think that the fans get behind the team when the are working hard and putting the effort in.

What kills it at times - we have a kick off, the fans are making a lot of noise, it looks like the game is going to have a good atmosphere and there is a real sense of anticipation. We kick off, and three seconds later the ball is booted out of play and the backing is killed stone dead.

Feckin hell! I need to start sitting in the city end of the JHS! My "matchday experence" up the other end is best summed-up as "we have a kick off. There is an empty silence from the Jackie Husband Stand which descended there after the half-hearted applause as the team ran out. We kick off and three seconds later the other mob's fans start singing 'what a sh!tey home support"

Feckin hell! I need to start sitting in the city end of the JHS! My "matchday experence" up the other end is best summed-up as "we have a kick off. There is an empty silence from the Jackie Husband Stand which descended there after the half-hearted applause as the team ran out. We kick off and three seconds later the other mob's fans start singing 'what a sh!tey home support"

I also usually start off near the away support, and must admit that a few times I've had to stop myself joining in that song!

You forgot the "we immediately boot the ball out of play" :happy2:

"Do you switch ends at half time or do you gradually progress towards the city end?"

"Do you switch ends at half time or do you gradually progress towards the city end?"

Just to clarify: At the start the match I'm usually near the north end of the JH stand, where I sometimes find myself hurling obscenities toward my fellow Jags fans, using ventriloquism skills learned as a teenager. Bored with the match by half-time, I move near to the city end and join in the silence, or the singing and insult-hurling at that end, directed towards either the opposing fans, the opposing team, or our own team, depending on how things are panning out.

Whatever the result, I usually have some fun.

Edited by Jaggernaut