Pttv: Double Bill - Ayr United And Raith Rovers Highlights

fritzy

• Members

Couple of observations about the Raith goals... the first, I see a lot of folk blaming O'Donnel, but I reckon each defender will have been given a man to mark as to me we don't seem to do the zonal system and so I probably wouldn't be laying any blame on him. Archie was on their number 8 as the ball came across so not sure if he got sucked in away from Graham, whom I'd have thought Archie or Cole would have been marking which raises the question of who should have been marking 8 or 10? As the ball comes in there are 6 defenders in the box and 6 attackers. We ave two men out at the free kick to stop the short ball, but there is one guy in the picture appearing to be marking no one and not there to deal with the short ball. He needs his ass kicked as well as the other player that left Archie with two men to mark at the back post. Terrible defending.

The second goal was an extremely well taken goal and there was little Archie or Fox could have done about it. Terrific cross and a perfect finish. The lobbed header was the only way Baird could have scored.