Lotto Winners Gift £100,000 To Thistle

Dark Passenger

Disgrace, they said they were Partick fans. Blame the board, they should have contacted them when all those threads were running before, we could have really done with that money.

As usually the folk on here were spot on.

:mad3:

how many times... the club did check they were not Jags fans :wall:

Did they not say in an interview just after they won the cash that their two footballinig loves were Largs Thistle and Partick Thistle.

Not that I think it matters as I always thought they were mentioning us to avoid being tainted with either side of the ugly sisters.

Did they not say in an interview just after they won the cash that their two footballinig loves were Largs Thistle and Partick Thistle.

Not that I think it matters as I always thought they were mentioning us to avoid being tainted with either side of the ugly sisters.

It's unimportant now anyway as the people are clearly not interested in Partick Thistle, but I think one of the tabloids (either the Record or the Sun) printed a picture of Firhill in the middle of their two-page spread about the Euromillions winners, saying they were 'Thistle' fans and I know this gave me a lift at the time. It was Saturday 16th July 2011, I remember the date as it was my mate's wedding day and we had the papers in his house in the morning. (It was also the day we beat the tims 2-1 pre-season).

gonnae change that title! it's just misleading for the sake of it. im also sure it was only quoted in the news as being 'Thistle' fans so please stop making out as if we we're let down.

First of all, that's the point. Second, no-one's suggesting that. At least they shouldn't be after reading this thread.

they call him 'big hearted', £100K ot of £161M is hardly 'big hearted'!

It gives Largs Thistle the opportunity to raise significant and sustainable future income from his donation - what the hell do you think he should be giving them?! I don't envy these guys when it comes to the kind of ill-thought out statement you've just made.

Perhaps the Largs Thistle fans forum wasn't full of abusive posts questioning their political leanings or consistently criticising them for not having donated any money from two weeks after they won the money onwards.

Or perhaps they realised that donating £100,000 to Largs Thistle would be locally welcomed and make a big difference, whereas donating £100,000 to Partick Thistle would only lead to fans clamouring for more.

Or perhaps, as seems likely, they never were Partick Thistle fans but it seemed quite catchy as a sound-bite for the media.

First of all, that's the point. Second, no-one's suggesting that. At least they shouldn't be after reading this thread.

what to be misleading and build up fans hopes before having to read down the thread, cheers! im sure a fair few fans will see that title and may well think happy days as I did, so might be better changing the title.

That's money we never had, and were never entitled to think we might have. Why should anybody get upset over somebody else's (Largs Thistle, all the best to them) fortunes?

A rag wrote that the guy was a PT supporter. Maybe it's lies. No disgrace anywhere, other than perhaps the usual disgraceful tabloid press story.