Rangers V Partick Thistle Benefit Match?

redhulk44

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's scandalous what's happened to Rangers. HMRC should just write off the debt - I'm sure taxpayers don't mind funding this great institution - much more important than diddy things like schools and hospitals. Hopefully in an independent Scotland Eck will waive taxation as far as Rangers are concerned.

The lack of action from Thistle fans has been embarrassing - we should have collection buckets at all home games.

What about having a fund raiser but with the money coming to the Jags to pay our tax bill. Just a thought; our need is as great as theirs. IMO.

On a more serious point, I know several members of the Orange Order who regularly attend Thistle matches. Their membership of this organisation is their affair and I've never heard them trying to turn the Thistle support into a mini diet coke version of the H*ns. I mean, can we afford to be choosy about who we let follow our team and have we the right to say who can or can't be a Thistle fan. How could we ever prove that someone was a member of any secret society?

I mean, can we afford to be choosy about who we let follow our team and have we the right to say who can or can't be a Thistle fan. How could we ever prove that someone was a member of any secret society?

I've been informed that I've been inducted into a secret society, but the b*stards won't tell me what it is.

I've been informed that I've been inducted into a secret society, but the b*stards won't tell me what it is.

As a quick footnote and as this will wind a regular contributor to this forum up big time, one of them even confessed to voting SSP. Name withheld as I've been dining out on this for a few years and will continue to do so :thumbsup2: Republican Orangemen; only in the ranks of the Thistle 'not-so' Loyal. Years ago this bloke used to take his car to games and it was known as the "Mini Metro Loyal". He claims his membership of the "ludge" has been in the family for decades and doesn't want to upset other family members by leaving; plus, if what he says is true, they are the defenders of all things democratic and really are a soft liberal-minded institution who don't try to influence who their members vote for. Bullsh*t you hear when folk have eight pints in them :frantic: Alex Salmond can rest easy, that's 80,000 of the electorate that may or may not vote "yes". :confused1:

But each to their own and so long as they leave their flutes and drums at home and their mates from the east leave their AK47s under the bed then they're welcome in my book. Who knows, some of them might even enjoy a change of scenery...

Why on earth would you say you come from the east end of Glasgow, claim to be a Thistle fan, then change your details to Love Street and St. Mirren?

Edit: I read through some of redhulk's post and seems he might actually be a Thistle fan. Maybe he should just cut down on his prescription.

Edited by MWM