Gavin Henson For The Warriors

The Devil's Point

I think the Warriors should go out and sign Gavin Henson.

At least we now know what the eggchasers mean when they are talking about a "Fly Half".

It seems he lost the plot a bit after the game at Firhill on Friday night there, but I thought getting sacked by the Cardiff Blues was a bit rough for what he did. I'd imagine his relationship with Charlotte Church probably haunts him, and the guy should be given some peace IMO.

I think Gavin should be invited to get back on the plane and come back for the Warriors.

The Jaggettes are all far more glamorous and attractive than Charlotte Church anyway.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Agree with this 100%.

The argument against is that he may be classed as a 'disruptive' element, and this is not what Glasgow need when they are in such good form. I don't buy it. He is clearly a top class player, just needs the right guidance.

He's too busy with his life outside rugby and documentaries about finding his next wife.

This. He cares more about his celebrity status than his performances on the field. It would attract publicity and better sponsorship for them though. I'd still say no.

Eh, no thanks...

Last summer I would have taken him, perhaps, but not now. How many 'last chances' does a man need?

Seriously - the fact he has been at 4 clubs in the last year says a lot really. OK, he may have been harshly dealt with this time, but it wasn't for nothing he was asked to leave Saracens or Toloun. It's also the same reason that he was only given a short term contract at Cardiff, he was always going to be out the door at the first mistake*.

But you do have to ask why he was out getting hammered after his side were torn a new one by Glasgow, and just a week before a season defining match in Dublin. I'm all for rugby players enjoying a drink when the time is appropriate, but friday was certainly not appropriate...

*But the welsh regions are seriously struggling, with Cardiff - committed to paying Cardiff City a hell of a lot to play at a ground they have never come close to filling - sinking far faster than the rest. I'm sure that will have played a part too...

As for the suggestion he should jump on the plane back - he can't, he's been banned from flying! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Warriors should go out and sign Gavin Henson.

At least we now know what the eggchasers mean when they are talking about a "Fly Half".

It seems he lost the plot a bit after the game at Firhill on Friday night there, but I thought getting sacked by the Cardiff Blues was a bit rough for what he did. I'd imagine his relationship with Charlotte Church probably haunts him, and the guy should be given some peace IMO.

I think Gavin should be invited to get back on the plane and come back for the Warriors.

The Jaggettes are all far more glamorous and attractive than Charlotte Church anyway.

Not if you knew the whole story including the full bit about corinthians in glasgow