Rab C Nesbitt Or Still Game?

northernsoul

Selective choice, I know but they seem to be, on the face of it the big two of Scottish comedies.

Not a fan of the later Rab C series and the most recent one, where he is now sober just does not work. Let's go with the series when Eric Cullen aka Wee Burny was still alive and involved. Still Game, I grew up with and still treasure it as a favourite but sometimes it could be too predictable. They are two shows with pretty different styles and humour.

I'll go with Rab C. I love the World Cup 1990 episode.

What was your favourite?

What was your favourite?

Absolute genius episode. Jamesie Cotter "speaking Italian" to policeman:- "... and-o here-eo is-o wan-o of the wife-eo and weans-os..."

"weans-os" - unbelievable..!!!!

I'm not sure where this idea that Mary was called Mary Doll came from. I'm pretty sure she was referred to as Mary, doll...

Overall though, Still Game.

Still Game, though like Rab C it also got to be too predictable. The dilemma for writers is that they come up with an idea that works, so they try to repeat it with a slight twist each time, to the point where it becomes tired and unfunny. A bit like many of the posts on this forum.

:innocent2:

Selective choice, I know but they seem to be, on the face of it the big two of Scottish comedies.

Not a fan of the later Rab C series and the most recent one, where he is now sober just does not work. Let's go with the series when Eric Cullen aka Wee Burny was still alive and involved. Still Game, I grew up with and still treasure it as a favourite but sometimes it could be too predictable. They are two shows with pretty different styles and humour.

What was your favourite?

mon wee burny. he's amazn. back from the days before paedophilia got such a bad name. rab c defo is better Edited by The Mighty Quinn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...