Scott Mclean

Seeing his name in another thread I never understood how his fall from grace was so fast. Great player in Division One and had the opportunity and ability to play in the SPL. Played in the first few games but then was out the picture and left the club. I know he was not the sharpest tool in the box but he could have made a decent career playing SPL, Div 1 or even high standard part time. He was around the same age as me and I am a mere 34 years old still playing fives badly.

I recently read Des McKeown's autobiography from about ten years ago and he tipped him to play at a higher level and possibly Scotland.

He was a good striker for us and played a big part I'm our back to back promotions.

He lived in a flat next to my mate while he played for us, his girlfriend seen me with the thistle top on etc and gave me some signed thistle stuff and had a wee chat with him coupla times, last I seen him he was delivering a package to the office I worked in coupla years ago

Edited by Tinyman