Now I appreciate this forum is red hot with all goings with Sevco where they will end up and what this means for us all as fans.

But let’s just be deluded at least until Friday 13th July when we find out our fate. Anyone want to join me?

So I washed my beer soaked Thistle scarf and it has a lovely smell now but for how long?

But anyways, my point is this, washing my scarf has got me all excited and it is only 3 sleeps till we play Alloa. It is not the best thought mid-week friendly to be honest - trains are one an hour back, so unless you leave early you are missing the 9:40 train home! More drinking time in Alloa on a Tuesday night - hmm think I may leave early and catch that train!

We then have Ayr on a Monday night - not my favourite day of the week and will mean missing Aqua Zumba but a good mid-week trip - a few beers on the train and all that! :cheers:

Then there is the weekend of Football with Firhill Tournament for the ArrCraib cup. Will we beat Celtic so we can go on and play Everton? Will the rain go away so we can enjoy a nice sunny weekend watching Thistle? :)

So while we are being deluded and optimistic about the new season I reckon we will beat Alloa. Anyone see their latest signing though?

http://www.alloaathl...temID=720&mid=2

So as it seems to be the Thistle way I reckon he may just score against us - if he gets of the bench! Now be nice - he wasn't too bad for us!

Who wants to predict the team? Will our "new signings" be up to scratch? Will Elliot return to being awesome again? Will people stop abusing O'Donnell? Will Scully get a shot in goals in some of these friendlies?

So anyways what started as me washing my scarf as turned in this thread mainly of my ramble. But my point is this if your head is as mangled as mine from all these threads about the Sevco drama then join me for some deluded chat about how great and awesome this season will be.

oh and folks lets keep it Sevco free cos my poor little head hurts from that word! :)

Pre-season friendlies tend to be pretty boring affairs, probably looking at about 20 players being used in the Alloa game. Players like Lawless tend to show up well and guys like Hugh Murray less so. How many players over the years did we think looked great in pre-season games but only to disappoint when the real action starts? I am sure we will have a pre-season wobble and people panicking on here as is normal most years.

Fans perception on Stephen O’Donnell suffered because he was over played last year. Being inconsistent and being suspect defensively is pretty much the norm for such an inexperienced full back. He is more than capable off proving his doubters wrong.

Edited by Alan Murray

Friendlies are total pish....would only go if it was somewhere scenic for a day oot on the lash.

Anyone else notice that you canny booze after 9pm on the train now??

I did and also before 10am! What is that all about? Wont matter for us really considering our 1 decent away trip next season to Dundee will be gone if they go up!

Friendlies are pish but my head hurts with all the sevco chat so a nice change of topic was needed! :)

2 sleeps anyways! :)

Plus why would anyone not want to go to Alloa on a Tuesday evening where it will no doubt rain the whole time? :)!

I did and also before 10am! What is that all about? Wont matter for us really considering our 1 decent away trip next season to Dundee will be gone if they go up!

Friendlies are pish but my head hurts with all the sevco chat so a nice change of topic was needed! :)

2 sleeps anyways! :)

Plus why would anyone not want to go to Alloa on a Tuesday evening where it will no doubt rain the whole time? :)!

Agreed sick to death about hearing about them it has been constant for months now...even stopped reading threads on here!!

As for Alloa i will be working :sad1: ..hope it stays dry for the folk going up though B)

I heard tonight that that now-defunct mob from the south side were the original 4th team for our tournament.

'spose that's why we had to get the retarded second cousins of William to step in..... :crazy:

Also heard that the aforementioned defunct team have had to cancel any prearranged friendlies

since they're not currently members of any of the Scottish football associations. :head_ball: