Grant Murray

Chicofan

Hes got **** all presence and I'm not sure hes the type of guy to command respect. Not really sure he will make a good manager, but who knows.

Agree.

It's hard to believe that someone who was arguably our least inspiring captain could make it as a player manager but it wouldn't be that surprising if he does OK.

I can't get my head round why the OP would have Murray as a most disliked player. Thought the guy could play a bit if he had decent quality players about him, which by and large he didn't with us. I'd rather criticise the fella who made Murray the captain in the first place.

Grant Murray was a total scapegoat for some fans and was nowhere near as bad as some try to make out. He was arguably our player of the year in his last season with us but there was no chance he was going to get that sort of recognition.

If people wanted a scapegoat, Kenny Milne would have been a far better choice. A total charlatan who gave not one f*ck for the jersey and bailed as soon as he could. Karma is a bitch, though.

Agree.

It's hard to believe that someone who was arguably our least inspiring captain could make it as a player manager but it wouldn't be that surprising if he does OK.

I can't get my head round why the OP would have Murray as a most disliked player. Thought the guy could play a bit if he had decent quality players about him, which by and large he didn't with us. I'd rather criticise the fella who made Murray the captain in the first place.

Just to clarify :eyebrow:

He was utter pish..several times i watched him and just concentrated on him...he couldnt pass or tackle and when he jumped up for a header he ended up making himself smaller...an absolute joke of a footballer

Grant Murray was a total scapegoat for some fans and was nowhere near as bad as some try to make out. He was arguably our player of the year in his last season with us but there was no chance he was going to get that sort of recognition.

If people wanted a scapegoat, Kenny Milne would have been a far better choice. A total charlatan who gave not one f*ck for the jersey and bailed as soon as he could. Karma is a bitch, though.

I'm with you Armand2.

At least he stuck around and attempted to get us out the mess he & others including a Firhill legend to many, Gerry Britton, got us into. There were far more people to blame at that time, Murray, though not the best, was the scapegoat for others.

According to Raith fans, he's been the mainstay in nearly getting the club promoted a couple of seasons back & keeping them up last!

However as we know appointing defenders with plenty of experience as a manager doesn't always work.

Which sunbed shop does Derek Whyte frequent now?

I thought he was very poor in his first two seasons at the club. The guy was a player of the year at St. Johnstone and a very consistent performer at Raith, but was absolutely mince for us at the same level. He probably didn't want to be captain of the club but I felt he was the worst sort of guy to be classed as a leader. No fire or passion about the guy. Was a good player in the second division, but not after two years of utter pish.