New Statement From Douglas Rae

Fistle1876

Looks like somebody will have to go back to whatever backstreet business school gave them a qualification to be an administrator and retake the lesson on How To Succeed By Lying and Threatening People.

It would be more than justified if Friday's meeting produced a unanimous call from the SFL clubs for these men to resign

The shadowy, suit-wearing figures calling for sevco to be air-dropped into our division - and utilising the tactics of back street loan sharks to get their way - are the utter bowels of the sporting world. I've never been a money worshipper, but christ how I wish I had the means to sue the entrails out these rats. What they are doing is criminal in all name.

I know it's been talked about ad nauseum on here and on copious numbers of other forums, but they have to go, pure and simple; only fan pressure can see these oafs removed. I really do hate to say it, because it compromises the club I've loved since childhood, but only an exodus in droves by fans across the country can see the back of the human vermin who are hell-bent on imposing / maintaining serfdom on the Scottish game.

The shadowy, suit-wearing figures calling for sevco to be air-dropped into our division - and utilising the tactics of back street loan sharks to get their way - are the utter bowels of the sporting world. I've never been a money worshipper, but christ how I wish I had the means to sue the entrails out these rats. What they are doing is criminal in all name.

I know it's been talked about ad nauseum on here and on copious numbers of other forums, but they have to go, pure and simple; only fan pressure can see these oafs removed. I really do hate to say it, because it compromises the club I've loved since childhood, but only an exodus in droves by fans across the country can see the back of the human vermin who are hell-bent on imposing / maintaining serfdom on the Scottish game.

That's a bit suit-ist there....

I fear that those who may worry about an 'exodus in droves by fans across the country' will not care a jot as long as the club whose average attendance is greater than the 30 SFL clubs combined is preserved in some way.

The only ones who can stand against that in reality are those clubs (including ours) who will be most affected by this exodus. The dispiriting thing is that no-one is coming forward with a different proposal. I don't know what requirements are to bring a motion to an SGM but it would have been good to see a positive alternative.

I don't believe a 'do nothing' option exists. But this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to detoxify, reinvent and reinvigorate the Scottish game. The fact that we have no leadership being shown, even amongst those chairman commendably condemning the current proposals is for me the biggest failure in this whole affair (leaving aside the club whose own failure has presented this rare opportunity)

Edited by Mr Scruff

The SFA and the SPL has left the clubs in the SFL in a situation which, when they vote Rangers newco into the 3rd Division on Friday, will give them a scapegoat for any financial problems that result from that decision.

This situation was not of the SFL's making, and yet our club (along with all other SFL members) is being told that we could be responsible for puting six top flight clubs at risk depending on Friday's vote.

Have I missed something?

Whatever happens on Friday, the actions and words of the main pro-newco perpretrators will not be forgotten for a long time.

Regan, Traynor, Doncaster, Burley...

It's like a roll-call of shame

Hardly worth dedicating a mini compartment in your mind remembering what those two clowns have come out with.

btw has Regan not got previous in the economical with the truth department? I seem to recall he was instrumental in duping foreign refs to come over to officiate when the refs went out on strike.

Douglas Rae's comments just confirm the existence of an inept cabal of blazers at the heart of our game intent on conserving the status quo, come what may. That they cling to this reactionary position, despite all the evidence negating it, is frankly incredible.

What is increasingly self-evident that most if not all of football's governing bodies are "unfit for purpose", unless that purpose is the dominance of Rangers, in whatever guise they happen to be in.

Despite the fact that the "desperate duo" are employees and should not in the final analysis be able to affect policies that contradict or indeed subvert the wishes of their organisations members, it seems to me that both gentlemen's positions are increasingly untenable.

It remains to be seen whether or not the member clubs have the courage and integrity required to meet the challenge, unfortunately I won't be holding my breath.

Got this post from the RTC site:

I now think pressure needs to be brought to bear on the receipt of public moneys by the SFA and any role that the SFA has in coaching children. Simply put – this money should cease – and be given directly to schools and local clubs to promote coaching locally. All funding of football by the Scottish government through the auspices of the SFA should now cease, and be channeled directly to the organisations – clubs and schools – in which it is spent, given the blatant cheating, league fixing and corruption at the heart of the sport.

The SFA and the SPL has left the clubs in the SFL in a situation which, when they vote Rangers newco into the 3rd Division on Friday, will give them a scapegoat for any financial problems that result from that decision.

This situation was not of the SFL's making, and yet our club (along with all other SFL members) is being told that we could be responsible for puting six top flight clubs at risk depending on Friday's vote.

Have I missed something?

You have missed the possibility that the clubs could vote against allowing Newco into the SFL. It could happen if the SFL board has the power to put Newco in Division 1 after the clubs have vote it in. Then the hot potato would be passed back to the SPL and SFA.