I'm Off!

iain

I am still asking the same question - why now? Why not when Motherwell wrote off all their debt and now a few years later are in Champions Leaugue ? Why not when Airdrie went out of business but then took over Clydebank ? Why not when Aberdeen should have been relegated but cheated Falkirk out of promotion ? Why not when Inverness were promoted even though they did not have compliant stadium ? Why now ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask what you mean? Are you talking about the SPL or just leagues in general?

A quick response. I'm talking about leagues in general, but with a nod to the Scottish structure. Note that 'rigged' isn't actually a word I would use.

Leagues are artificially structured. Their size, measures of success and failure, competitiveness and how the levels relate to eah other are all 'communally determined' in some way. I think the Scottish structure could be much better on all of these levelss

Raw sporting integrity for me is having confidence that, when you start a season, you know what's to play for and it will be accounted correctly. When you watch a match the game is administered and adjudicated properly. Both those things will hold true I'm sure irrespective of which league 'Rangers' play in. Which is why this is not 'the line' for me. As I say we have been much more unfairly treated by league structures in the recent past. And there's actually a Thistle fan suggesting that they'll maybe follow Motherwell if Rangers play in SFL1 - the team that was the major beneficiary of that unfairness - incredible.

Edited by Mr Scruff

A quick response. I'm talking about leagues in general, but with a nod to the Scottish structure. Note that 'rigged' isn't actually a word I would use.

Leagues are artificially structured. Their size, measures of success and failure, competitiveness and how the levels relate to eah other are all 'communally determined' in some way. I think the Scottish structure could be much better on all of these levelss

Raw sporting integrity for me is having confidence that, when you start a season, you know what's to play for and it will be accounted correctly. When you watch a match the game is administered and adjudicated properly. Both those things will hold true I'm sure irrespective of which league 'Rangers' play in. Which is why this is not 'the line' for me. As I say we have been much more unfairly treated by league structures in the recent past. And there's actually a Thistle fan suggesting that they'll maybe follow Motherwell if Rangers play in SFL1 - the team that was the major beneficiary of that unfairness - incredible.

Prediction for today Sevco admitted to division3 then Charles Green walks,and we can get back to supporting the only team in Glasgow Come on you Jags!

The only truly acceptable is for the defunct h*ns either not to get to play in any division. Failing that, a grudgingly acceptable fudge is for them to play in the lowest tier; whether that's Div. 3 or Div. 2 (behind an expanded SPL) is neither here nor there. Put simply, anything that puts this new club (with some history of victories) in above others in the SFL is not acceptable.

Prediction for today Sevco admitted to division3 then Charles Green walks,and we can get back to supporting the only team in Glasgow Come on you Jags!

On the subject of Green, he only paid £1.5 million for the properties (Ibroke, Murray Park, the car park) and £2.75 million for the players, so even the £5.5 million figure was a lie.