Sfl Place Rangers In Third Division

CUMBERNAULD JAG

I reckon that rangers statement on SPL2 might be a sneaky way of dropping Doncaster right in it. If so good on them, this guy must be removed from his job ASAP.

Surely now we can conclude that the whole concept of the SPL has been a bonafide DISASTER for Scottish Football since it's inception in 1998.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon that rangers statement on SPL2 might be a sneaky way of dropping Doncaster right in it. If so good on them, this guy must be removed from his job ASAP.

Surely now we can conclude that the whole concept of the SPL has been a bonafide DISASTER for Scottish Football since it's inception in 1998.

Wishful thinking. Today's vote was necessary for the Doncaster/Regan plan (to force SPL2 on the SPL and SFL1clubs) to proceed to the next stage.

Ballantyne statement from the BBC live

"We don't have any control over the SPL. And they are entitled to do whatever they wish, within their own rules.

"But it's important to mention that the Division One clubs went out of their way to make it clear that their route regarding a solution involved all 42 teams.

"I think that says a lot for them.

"This one particular completely covers every single club and the message coming across from every club is exactly the same, even from Rangers fans themselves: if they had their choice it would be Division Three.

"That reflected the views of First, Second and Third Division clubs.

"You have to consider what the actions of fans may be if sporting integrity is challenged.

"Who has put a price on what will happen if they do not come to watch games?

"Yes, clubs are worried about figures in one direction but there is a huge concern about figures in the other direction.

"It's a very brave decision from the SFL but I'm not surprised."

"Other bodies are going to have to look at the decision we've taken and decide what view they are going to take.

"As far as we're concerned, it's crystal clear and it was a massive majority.

"The talk of financial meltdown is scary for everybody but that completely ignores the views of the fans.

"The fans have been vociferous in their view of what this whole situation may bring.

"Every single club would be happy to tell you about the amount of contact they have had from supporters, expressing concern.

"I've never know anything like it in the 10 years I've been involved in football."

Edited by kni

Brechin

Stenhousemuir

QOTS

Hamilton

East Stirlingshire

All voted yes , from what ive picked up reading about the teams forums , not being at work means a lot of time to kill :)

Edit , for having brechin in twice :D

Edited by Junior

Are you sure? I heard all 1st Div clubs stated they wanted a 42-team organisation, did I miss that they also all voted no?

I read it somewhere online but the source could have been wrong. It has been reported widely that 25 out of 30 voted against Newco in the First Division. One brave, but unidentified as yet, club voted against Newco being given SFL associate membership.

Brechin

Stenhousemuir

QOTS

Hamilton

East Stirlingshire

All voted yes , from what ive picked up reading about the teams forums , not being at work means a lot of time to kill :)

Edit , for having brechin in twice :D

Should we boycott New Douglas Park? :innocent:

Edited to add that there is an opportunity to send a message to the Palmerston board on Saturday.

Edited by kni

Wishful thinking. Today's vote was necessary for the Doncaster/Regan plan (to force SPL2 on the SPL and SFL1clubs) to proceed to the next stage.

alex thomson@alextomo

WARNING. Club chairman "Everyone in that room heard that Stewart Regan informed Charles Green that there's no way "Rangers" will be in D3 .

alex thomson@alextomo

#c4news tonight the fight intensifies: Scottish FA pledged to over-rule fanpower and their own clubs.

This isn't over, not by a long way, time for ALL 30 (ok, 29 excluding the Zombies) SFL clubs to resist any SPL2 or other back of fag packet plan to gerrymander Hunswereus into any league other than the bottom tier.

The architects of SPL2 and their arselickers must be sacked, hounded out and shamed, and the SFA member clubs MUST take ownership of the whole reorganisation and restructing of the game, its leagues and governing bodies.

alex thomson@alextomo

WARNING. Club chairman "Everyone in that room heard that Stewart Regan informed Charles Green that there's no way "Rangers" will be in D3 .

alex thomson@alextomo

#c4news tonight the fight intensifies: Scottish FA pledged to over-rule fanpower and their own clubs.

This isn't over, not by a long way, time for ALL 30 (ok, 29 excluding the Zombies) SFL clubs to resist any SPL2 or other back of fag packet plan to gerrymander Hunswereus into any league other than the bottom tier.

The architects of SPL2 and their arselickers must be sacked, hounded out and shamed, and the SFA member clubs MUST take ownership of the whole reorganisation and restructing of the game, its leagues and governing bodies.

I just can't see that happening. I realise I may be naive, but it's far too risky for any of the clubs that might be involved. And there just isn't time.

I CAN see it being established 'by invitation only' for either January (implying summer football and a shortened 2012/13 season) or 2013/14, with "Rangers" serving their ban...

Ballantyne statement from the BBC live

"We don't have any control over the SPL. And they are entitled to do whatever they wish, within their own rules.

And within the law relating to their contractual and legal obligations to the SFL.

I hope Ballantyne and Longmuir have taken the sensible step of getting legal advice on Donkey's threat to refuse to pay the monies due under the settlement agreement of 1998.

They were both in on a lot of the shenanigans surrounding the SFA role in events that have led up to this point (for evidence see this):

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/football-chairmen-living-fairytale-world/2265

Were they acting as moles? I hope so......

David

No as did all the clubs SFL1.

If you're right, then that means Junior is wrong?

Brechin

Stenhousemuir

QOTS

Hamilton

East Stirlingshire

Should we boycott New Douglas Park? :innocent:

Never liked the place or them, so quite happy to do something else whenever Thistle have to play them at NDP.

To paraphrase an Argentinian football commentator from a few years ago....

Stewart Reagan, Neil Doncaster, Gordon Smith, Archie McPherson, James Traynor, Keith Jackson, Chick Young, Billy Dodds, Derek Johnstone, Jim Whyte, et all, your boys took a hella'v beating today!!!!

If all the SFL clubs stick together there can be no SPL2. If the SPL supporters stick together there can be no SPL with newco. If everyone sticks together it remains div3.

To paraphrase an Argentinian football commentator from a few years ago....

Stewart Reagan, Neil Doncaster, Gordon Smith, Archie McPherson, James Traynor, Keith Jackson, Chick Young, Billy Dodds, Derek Johnstone, Jim Whyte, et all, your boys took a hella'v beating today!!!!

If all the SFL clubs stick together there can be no SPL2. If the SPL supporters stick together there can be no SPL with newco. If everyone sticks together it remains div3.

Norwegian commentator.... You can find it on youtube.

New Sevco statement - http://www.rangersfc...article/2848674

"We are grateful to be accepted as members of the SFL and accept their decision to vote us into Division 3.

"We wish to play a constructive part in Division 3 and encourage our fans to support the other clubs within the league by attending matches and delivering to them the benefits of having Rangers within their league."

Edited by kni

Amended Sevco website statement now reads

"It was mooted last week that plans for an SPL2 would swing into action in the event of today's outcome but it is not known if this will be the case."

Between the lines:

'My good Yorkshire mate Stewart said he's talked to his mate Neil who said he'll see us alright if we end up in SFL3. He'll get them to set up an SPL2. However he's just texted me back to say they'll both be looking for a new job soon & can't help anymore!'

I am really proud that the SFL clubs voted to do the right thibg. In consequence, I renewed my season ticket this afternoon.

Before anyone strats to accuse me of naivety, I am fully aware of the lengths, the desperate duo and the laptop loyal will go to to ensure Rangers are in the top flight of Scottish football. However, as far as Thistle goes they have acted honourably( if honour in footballl isn't an oxymoron) and I feel that te focus of attention should now shift to the footballing authorities ijn this country who with the exception of the SFL have acted in a blatantly partial, if not totally corrupt manner.

I am really proud that the SFL clubs voted to do the right thibg. In consequence, I renewed my season ticket this afternoon.

Before anyone strats to accuse me of naivety, I am fully aware of the lengths, the desperate duo and the laptop loyal will go to to ensure Rangers are in the top flight of Scottish football. However, as far as Thistle goes they have acted honourably( if honour in footballl isn't an oxymoron) and I feel that te focus of attention should now shift to the footballing authorities ijn this country who with the exception of the SFL have acted in a blatantly partial, if not totally corrupt manner.

Changing your name to "nolongerresigned"? :)

New Sevco statement - http://www.rangersfc...article/2848674

"We are grateful to be accepted as members of the SFL and accept their decision to vote us into Division 3.

"We wish to play a constructive part in Division 3 and encourage our fans to support the other clubs within the league by attending matches and delivering to them the benefits of having Rangers within their league."

Actually a much more dignified response.

Hopefully all this SPL2 chat can juts evaporate...