New Club Statement

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on it is that the clubs that voted no to Div 1 won't comment one way or another. They'll leave it up to those that voted yes to decide whether they want to come out with a statement saying that's what they did. Some of the 5 may want to remain anonymous but if the other 25 all come out with statements saying they voted no that's them outed.

Another awful statement by the club. Aside from the fact that it doesn't actually tell us how we have voted, it is littered with grammatical and punctuation errors. How hard can it be to write using the correct English? If that is the work of our "PR Officer" then some questions really need to be asked. Shocking communications all round.

Well if we e-mail the club indicating that we are not opening up the wallets until they give an absolute and honest indication of how they voted, I expect they will make it clear... Unless it's the answer they know will alienate many fans, in which case they may try to hide and hope some spend. I won't be one of them.....

So 5 teams said no.

Queen of the south (confirmed)

Hamilton (confirmed)

But who else? Stranraer and Dumbarton voted to put them in Div 3.

The line from our statement :

"There was an overwhelming vote against their admission to Division 1."

Makes me feel we may just has said yes and were not part of the overwhelming vote to say no to div 1! Bloody hope I am wrong! :(

I'm no PR guru but I would have liked to have read something like this ..........

At today’s meeting of the SFL members – the clubs voted NO to Sevco Scotland Limited being admitted into the 1st Division and are subsequently been given access to Division 3.

There was an overwhelming vote against their admission to Division 1.

PartickThistle voted no in accordance with the decision of the Board and the wishes of the overwhelming majority of fans who made their views known.

The financial effect of the decision, as yet to be quantified, will have a major effect on Scottish Football and we would request all PTFC fans to get behind this united club and give as much support as possible, both financially and from the terraces so that PTFC does not suffer a loss in revenue and takes this opportunity to revitalise football north of the Clyde.

We will continue to press for one Scottish Professional Football Association, Play Offs, League reconstruction and a better financial distribution model.

Brechin City said that it would vote Yes - http://sport.stv.tv/...first-division/

East Stirling's pre-vote statement refused to say which way the club would vote - http://www.eaststirl...eneral-meeting/ I suspect that it, like Hamilton, voted yes.

Dundee and Airdrie had indicated that, due to conflicts of interest, they would abstain on a vote to put Sevco in the First Division.

I have been checking the websites of the SFL clubs and media comments of seniot club officials . The following failed to commit to voting against Sevco being put in the First Division.

Partick Thistle

Hamilton (voted Yes according to reports)

Albion Rovers (probably voted yes - http://www.dailyreco...86908-23907916/)

Forfar Athletic

Montrose

Queens Park

In Summary

Brechin - Yes

Hamilton - reported Yes

East Stirling - likely Yes

Albion Rovers - against Sevco in Division 3

Dundee and Airdrie planned to abstain but did they? If not, we, Forfar, Montrose or the Spiders voted for Sevco in the First Division. We would have the most to gain...

Edited by kni

Albion Rovers voted no. This despite them taking a financial hit with Stranraer replacing Airdrie in SFL2, both in terms of gate money (local derby) & travelling costs down to Stranraer.

Fair play to them.

Looks like we were one of the gutless 5.

I'm ashamed to be a PTFC fan tonight.

Albion Rovers voted no. This despite them taking a financial hit with Stranraer replacing Airdrie in SFL2, both in terms of gate money (local derby) & travelling costs down to Stranraer.

Fair play to them.

Looks like we were one of the gutless 5.

I'm ashamed to be a PTFC fan tonight.

Rovers No vote confirmed - http://albionroversfc.com/?p=2401

Edited by kni

It certainly looks like we voted No, but I can't begin to work out any logical basis for being so coy about the whole thing. Another avoidable mini-crisis.

I really do hope these guys run their businesses with a bit more professionalism and nous than they deal with things at Firhill

• Members

Is it because we are Partick Thistle fans we always expect the worst?

The poster (Duck Snort) above suggesting that all the Clubs will say nothing either way unless it wants to tell fans they voted yes to Division 1 makes the most sense to me. I'll be at Firhill this season, but I didn't intend to buy a ST this season as I'm likely to be working away a lot of the next few months. I would be happy to buy a ST if the Club came out and said they voted no though.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as you can imagine we have had numerous emails on this subject and whilst they have all been read I don’t have the manpower to reply to them all.

I would confirm that should you wish a refund I will organise it for you. I would hope it wont come to that, and following a Board meeting last week it was decided that we would not be voting to allow Newco into division one. Any new proposals we would discuss, however it is highly unlikely that with the meeting only 2 days away we would have enough time to seriously consider any new proposal.

This.

i don't get this. the club is so busy to reply to all the emails it has received but does select one and in the content tells them about an unequivicol board decision that the same board won't come out and say in public in any of its statements?

It certainly looks like we voted No, but I can't begin to work out any logical basis for being so coy about the whole thing. Another avoidable mini-crisis.

I really do hope these guys run their businesses with a bit more professionalism and nous than they deal with things at Firhill

where are you looking to see that?

Is it because we are Partick Thistle fans we always expect the worst?

The poster (Duck Snort) above suggesting that all the Clubs will say nothing either way unless it wants to tell fans they voted yes to Division 1 makes the most sense to me. I'll be at Firhill this season, but I didn't intend to buy a ST this season as I'm likely to be working away a lot of the next few months. I would be happy to buy a ST if the Club came out and said they voted no though.

Will, everyone knows fans across the country have been crying out for a no vote. The club has been told umpteen times by all kinds of people that a no vote is the key to unlocking their cash. So if we voted no, and we may well have done that, it's insane on every level to refuse stubbornly to confirm it. Emotionally, financially, strategically. Mad.

Probably not the moment to ask where we stand on SPL2...

where are you looking to see that?

Nowhere specific - don't think I've seen anything conclusive to suggest otherwise but can certainly see that it's easy enough to see the alternative. Anyway, I've written to the club asking for a (preferably public) confirmation of how they voted. If they are unable to provide this then I've asked for my season ticket money back

I too have written to club asking for clarification of how we voted and if a yes vote then to refund my season ticket money forthwith. If they have voted yes I have also wasted nearly Eur 500 on flights I have already booked from Amsterdam with sole intention of coming over to watch the Jags, no chance of a refund on that. :angry3: