We Are Where We Are !

Jaggy1967

We have never, any of us known the like in Scottish football like the last 6 months.

As the situation has evolved, people have varied opinions and initial postures like my own have changed.

The bottom line is decisions have been made, which in my opinion are 100 % correct and we need to move on.

The constant that has held us together is the love of our club, this is something the infirm will never be able to do !

Lets move forward and stop analysing who voted what and when and instead look forward to a hopefully championship winning season instead.

Rangers are dead. FTOF !

Lets move forward and stop analysing who voted what and when and instead look forward to a hopefully championship winning season instead.

To some who voted what is important. For some fans if it turns out the club said yes to sevco in div 1 then they will walk. Or if they know a club voted yes to sevco in Div 1 then they will boycott that ground.

I doubt the issue is going to disappear though despite the season being a few weeks away. This isn't going to just go away since they have a league now,

Edited by little_miss_jag

this, the vote is done, stop whining,stop creating new posts every 2 minutes about this pish, stop pishing yer frillys and get behind the Jags, come aboard the promotion bus and let the good times roll. :music:

To some who voted what is important. For some fans if it turns out the club said yes to sevco in div 1 then they will walk. Or if they know a club voted yes to sevco in Div 1 then they will boycott that ground.

I doubt the issue is going to disappear though despite the season being a few weeks away. This isn't going to just go away since they have a league now,

To me the issue is as dead as rangers.

The fact that rangers has caused so much in fighting between .. not just the club but sections of the fans , should have any jags fan sick.

Bottom line in they have been finally put where they should have been 4 months ago and are now history.

Let us move on ffs and follow our team !

Just for a change.

Edited by Jaggy1967

To me the issue is as dead as rangers.

The fact that rangers has caused so much in fighting between .. not just the club but sections of the fans , should have any jags fan sick.

Bottom line in they have been finally put where they should have been 4 months ago and are now history.

Let us move on ffs and follow our team !

Just for a change.

oh I don't disagree btw! I am so fed up of it all! I would rather return to that optimism we all had when Jackie went on his signing spree!

However I don't think Sevco is all final as it would seem.

Edited by little_miss_jag

this, the vote is done, stop whining,stop creating new posts every 2 minutes about this pish, stop pishing yer frillys and get behind the Jags, come aboard the promotion bus and let the good times roll. :music:

Some just don't wan't the party to end ! Do they ?

Rangers are dead. FTOF !

But will rise, like a phoenix, from the ashes of oldco. The "new Rangers" will assets worth hundreds of millions for which Sevco will pay/has paid a measly £5.5 million. Green and his backers will laugh all the way to the bank. They should be charged a multi-million entry fee to get into the SFL. The clubs missed an easy target today.

oh I don't disagree btw! I am so fed up of it all! I would rather return to that optimism we all had when Jackie went on his signing spree!

However I don't think Sevco is all final as it would seem.

LMG .. They are not our problem anymore.. And they should never have been ! Lets move on ?

LMG .. They are not our problem anymore.. And they should never have been ! Lets move on ?

They will, theory, be our problem in two years time. But we still have Lord Hodge vs Duff & Phelps to come. Sevco, to my knowledge, has yet to buy the Rangers name from the liquidators. This is far from finished.

But will rise, like a phoenix, from the ashes of oldco. The "new Rangers" will assets worth hundreds of millions for which Sevco will pay/has paid a measly £5.5 million. Green and his backers will laugh all the way to the bank. They should be charged a multi-million entry fee to get into the SFL. The clubs missed an easy target today.

Why ? What more could they have done other than boot them to where they belong ?

Fight it out with Spartans .... I right ! ... I regard today ( if the bods don't intervene as a result ) .. As I said ffs lets move on and talk about our team for a change!

They will, theory, be our problem in two years time. But we still have Lord Hodge vs Duff & Phelps to come. Sevco, to my knowledge, has yet to buy the Rangers name from the liquidators. This is far from finished.

Understand and agree with you Kni... But they will not be our problem cos we will be in SPL with special voting rights lol... love how the worm can turn lol !

Why ? What more could they have done other than boot them to where they belong ?

Fight it out with Spartans .... I right ! ... I regard today ( if the bods don't intervene as a result ) .. As I said ffs lets move on and talk about our team for a change!

1. Paid a fair price for the assets.

2. Compensated the SFL clubs for loss of income.

3. Lodged a bond to pay for any costs if Sevco is forced out of business due to legal actions etc.

4. Provide signed guarantees that they would not seek admittance to SPL2.

You are very naive!

1. Paid a fair price for the assets.

2. Compensated the SFL clubs for loss of income.

3. Lodged a bond to pay for any costs if Sevco is forced out of business due to legal actions etc.

4. Provide signed guarantees that they would not seek admittance to SPL2.

You are very naive!

really ?

Dream ? ....within ... months ago Rangers voted into the 3rd division and liquidated, banned from europe for 3 years,main players gone , scrabbling for a berth in the bottom tier of Scottish football. !

FFS what more could you have asked for 6 months ago ?

We need to acknowledge that they are finished as a club.

The newco has to establish and prove itself. And the bottom tier is that !

If they fail, then so be it , it will be in the bottom league and not likely to disrupt the rest of us including Sky !

I, as a Thistle fan is well looking forward to next season ! But it has a wee plus cos I am following the 2nd biggest team in Glasgow lol FTOF !!

really ?

Dream ? ....within ... months ago Rangers voted into the 3rd division and liquidated, banned from europe for 3 years,main players gone , scrabbling for a berth in the bottom tier of Scottish football. !

FFS what more could you have asked for 6 months ago ?

We need to acknowledge that they are finished as a club.

The newco has to establish and prove itself. And the bottom tier is that !

If they fail, then so be it , it will be in the bottom league and not likely to disrupt the rest of us including Sky !

I, as a Thistle fan is well looking forward to next season ! But it has a wee plus cos I am following the 2nd biggest team in Glasgow lol FTOF !!

Far from finished with such a strong fan base. Within 3 to 4 years, "Rangers" will be back in the SFL and stronger financially than at any time in the last 10 or so years.

Far from finished with such a strong fan base. Within 3 to 4 years, "Rangers" will be back in the SFL and stronger financially than at any time in the last 10 or so years.

Well, that's OK. That's the way it works. I've watched plastic meadowbank aka Livingston do it EXACTLY the same way, and though I can't stand them, they have managed to do things properly. The ructions over this aren't over, but the right outcome has been arrived at. Roll on season 2012 - 13 and a bit of football to exorcise this summer of legalese horsesh.t.

sure rangers have a huge fan base but i am old enough to remember the days of John Greigs management. Crowds of 10k. if they go into the 3rd with kids they may lose interest and the 10k may return.

the first season in the third will be a novelty and the fans will want to do thier bit but if promotion did not come about they will lose interest. garuanteed

We have the outcome we wanted (at least in terms of a minimum punishment), all we need now is our chairman to confirm he voted for that outcome. Everyone moves on, everyone goes out and buys a season ticket, everyone shows up to Firhill and everyone gets that buzz back. Not difficult.

I will struggle to support a team who has in turn supported Rangers through this.

I will struggle to support a team who has in turn supported Rangers through this.

I don't get this bit.

Voting 'yes' to "Rangers" in Div1 wouldn't have been supporting "Rangers". It would have been supporting the SPL and its 11 clubs - just refer to ICT's statement yesterday.

Voting for Div 3 was more supporting "Rangers" (although not how I would put it).

I would like to have heard how we voted - out of curiously. But I really just want to get the football started with a degree of certainty as to what we're playing for. I think we have that.

As a parallel issue, I'd like to see the start of reconstruction in place for next season.

We have the outcome we wanted (at least in terms of a minimum punishment), all we need now is our chairman to confirm he voted for that outcome. Everyone moves on, everyone goes out and buys a season ticket, everyone shows up to Firhill and everyone gets that buzz back. Not difficult.

Nothing to do with the team. IF (and only if) DB voted for the defunct h u n s to go directly into Div 1, then he's an idiot who doesn't care about the fans. But as we know, that's not particularly new in football. He won't be here forever, but hopefully the club will. Time to support the team now!

I don't get this bit.

Voting 'yes' to "Rangers" in Div1 wouldn't have been supporting "Rangers". It would have been supporting the SPL and its 11 clubs - just refer to ICT's statement yesterday.

Voting for Div 3 was more supporting "Rangers" (although not how I would put it).

I would like to have heard how we voted - out of curiously. But I really just want to get the football started with a degree of certainty as to what we're playing for. I think we have that.

As a parallel issue, I'd like to see the start of reconstruction in place for next season.

It is a vote for Rangers because we are letting them skip 2 leagues (ignore Sally saying he wants to be in SFL3 and their fans with their faux embrace of SFL3). We are helping a cheating club cheat their way back into the top flight in a shorter time scale.

And that's before we get into the issue of signalling out a club that represents everything I hate in society for our direct support. I have a real issue supporting a club who supports a club built on bigotry and with a history of hatred and racism.

Nothing to do with the team. IF (and only if) DB voted for the defunct h u n s to go directly into Div 1, then he's an idiot who doesn't care about the fans. But as we know, that's not particularly new in football. He won't be here forever, but hopefully the club will. Time to support the team now!

I'm hoping 2 weeks is enough time for me to come round to this type of thinking.

But right now the whole thing can sod off.