I am very interested in your opinions about my suggestion on the football scoring system.

Your system suggests that a goal scored from outside the penalty area is intrinsically more valuable than one scored from inside. I disagree with that. Many goals scored from inside the area are the end result of brilliant play, while some goals from kicks further out are largely due to luck, or a goalkeeping error.

Your system suggests that a goal scored from outside the penalty area is intrinsically more valuable than one scored from inside. I disagree with that. Many goals scored from inside the area are the end result of brilliant play, while some goals from kicks further out are largely due to luck, or a goalkeeping error.

Your point is right, but the percentage of the goals from outside PA by defensive errors in not higher than the cases of goals from indide PA.

And what do you think about my point, giving 1 point for corners? By this the numbers can be drastically reduced.

And the goal mouth should be enlarged to 8m*2.5m.

Your point is right, but the percentage of the goals from outside PA by defensive errors in not higher than the cases of goals from indide PA.

And what do you think about my point, giving 1 point for corners? By this the numbers can be drastically reduced.

And the goal mouth should be enlarged to 8m*2.5m.

Corners: No. There is too much of an element of luck about corners.

Enlarge goal: No. I don't want to go to matches that end up with basketball scores. However, I would consider doubling the width of the goal if each team could have an additional goalkeeper!

Corners: No. There is too much of an element of luck about corners.

Enlarge goal: No. I don't want to go to matches that end up with basketball scores. However, I would consider doubling the width of the goal if each team could have an additional goalkeeper!

The present 7.32m*2.44m is the result of yard system. Football must go metric. 8m*2.5m goal would increase the number of goal, but highly unlikely doubling the number of goals.

There is nothing wrong with the current scoring system and nothing wrong with a draw. A backs to the wall draw when you are being thrashed is just as good as a win. Don't take that away. A goal is a goal and the team with the most goals wins.

And as for goal-line bollocks technology .... don't get me started !

The present 7.32m*2.44m is the result of yard system. Football must go metric. 8m*2.5m goal would increase the number of goal, but highly unlikely doubling the number of goals.

That'd be increasing the size of the goals by a football's width at either side. Think back to every time someone's hit the post. With 8m wide nets those would all have been goals. You may be only increasing the total size of the goals by a small percentage, but you're increasing the area a keeper can't get to by a not insignificant amount. Scorelines would increase considerably.

Get Lex Grant signed up again :)

Sexy Lexy scored one of my favouritist Thistle goals ever at Hampden.

So slow at getting back up the park from a goal kick that when the Queens Park keeper sclaffed the ball out it fell to Lex in acres of space. He still had the keeper to beat mind you :frantic: