50/50 Draw For Season 2012/13

Fawlty Towers

Hello Folks

Saturday not only sees the return of league action at Firhill but also the 50/50 Halftime Draw.

Together last season we raised just over £7,700 for youth development at Partick Thisle from the 23 home games we had. This was a great effort but we are always looking to improve and hopefully this season we can raise even more so that our club can help develop the next Ryan Scully, Stuart Bannigan or Johnathan Black.

As usual we will have sellers around the stadium on matchdays who will be happy to take your cash (hope you have been saving your 50 pence pieces over the summer).

Your support last season was really appreciated and together we can push on this season.

Thanks for your continued support!

I could not possibly divulge such information :innocent2:

There will be a seller to cover the North Stand.

I am relieved to not have to climb the hill but shall miss the patter from "that guy at the top of the hill" haha!!

Well as long as Lance doesn't make any jokes about 2nd prize and it's a ball we should be alryt!! :P

Off to a great start today with a first prize of £430 - thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket, it is very much appreciated.

I did note down the numbers but have lost the piece of paper but I am sure they will appear on the official site soon.

Thanks again for your support.

Wizny mine anyway, AGAIN...new season, same result re 50/50 Draw. I was closer than ever tho, only about 100 out ggrrrrr :P

Edited to add: Gona start buying 1 ticket from each vendor I pass instead of 5 off the same person each time.

Edited by Steven H

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to you guys we got off to a great start last Saturday with a first prize of £430. As we move towards the Dumbarton match please consider supporting the club's efforts in youth development by purchasing a ticket from one of the sellers who will be around the stadium on Saturday.

Thanks for your support!

Another fantastic effort by you guys to give us an excellent first prize of £424 today - a big thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket, you are really helping the club in its efforts regarding youth development. Thw winning numbers will be on the official site soon. Apologies to those who were looking to purchase a ticket in the concourse at the North End of the Jackie Husband Stand but we had a late call off so there was no seller there today.

Right where is this guy outside the North Stand? Is it just the guy selling programmes once you are through the turnstiles as otherwise I've missed him?

I bought my winning ticket from the guy at the top of the hill with the patter. Let someone skip in front of me too otherwise it would've been his winning ticket.

Right where is this guy outside the North Stand? Is it just the guy selling programmes once you are through the turnstiles as otherwise I've missed him?

I bought my winning ticket from the guy at the top of the hill with the patter. Let someone skip in front of me too otherwise it would've been his winning ticket.

Congratulations mate well done, you can buy me a pint ! P.S. I drink Jack Daniels.

Was only 10 out today...the winning ticket must have been bought from one of the ladies at the city end of the JHS concourse. Closest I've been in all the years I've been buying tickets.

Thanks for your support, keep with it as your luck must change soon (although my definition of soon may differ from yours).

He is ouside the turnstiles at the moment. Do you think sales would improve if he was inside along with the programme seller as it is something we could explore?

I would buy you a JD digger if I got to spend any of the money myself! Was spent by the time I got back from Firhill with the cheque.

He is ouside the turnstiles at the moment. Do you think sales would improve if he was inside along with the programme seller as it is something we could explore?

I think if the seller was to catch people just after they went through the turnstiles then you'd maybe get a few more sales as when the seller is outside those turnstiles you'll have people coming from either side of the street and not all of them will be caught going in. I'll be honest and say I never noticed him outside the turnstiles as I was too busy looking out my season ticket.

Unless it's miserable weather the bit once through the turnstiles is ideal for sales as you pretty much can't avoid anyone standing there before getting to the stand.