Good Luck Charms?

twinny

Do any of you have any?

A post on another thread got me thinking about this. On Saturday as the first goal went in, I remembered that my girlfriend who was present has never seen us lose, and must have been to more than 10 games. In fact we've probably won most games she has seen. I made sure not to point it out during the game so that I wouldn't jinx it, then she brought up the fact afterwards.

Do any of you have lucky strips, or even lucky pants for that matter, that we always win when you wear? Is there any sort of routine you follow just because we unexpectedly won one time you did that?

I've gotten into the habit of never putting my scarf around my shoulders until I'm in the stadium. But.... sometimes we still lose.

That's the trouble, if you do it every week it's unlikely to work 100% of the time. I remember someone on here used to sometimes whisper something to themselves when we were up against a penalty, and we saved it every time he did this, but he only did it on the odd occasion. Perhaps he was subconsciously studying the takers body language when deciding whether to say the word or not.

It probably hasn't escaped your attention we're 4 wins from 4 with the away strip on. Should the home strip be ready by saturday, I wonder if the players will want to keep wearing it? They shouldn't, but it's funny how minds work.

This was also the reason we wore our silver away strip in the game vs Airdrie in 2002 where we all but clinched promotion, they were the only team we hadn't beaten so Lambie thought it would work.

Personally, if we win I try and stick to the same pre-match routine. What door of the subway I go in, whether I go to the bookies or not etc.

Last season, we lost 95% of the time when I wore last season's black away strip, which I only wore when we were playing away. But this season I have worn that same strip every time we have played at home, including the ARR cup game, and for every competitive away game we have played so far I have wore the home strip we had during the season we won the playoffs. So I have no plans to change a winning formula :happy2:

Ooops! I just remembered I didnt have a Jags top on when we beat Queens Park last week, But, ahem, we nearly lost that game, so you can blame any heart attacks suffered at Hampden last week on me for not wearing the appropriate Thistle strip! :doh:

I used to have a pair of lucky brown y-fronts. (Brown was their original colour not............)

I also never wash my scarf during a cup run.

It has never even occurred to me to wash a scarf. Saying that, I can't remember any time I've got them dirty either.

I used to have a pair of lucky brown y-fronts. (Brown was their original colour not............)

I also never wash my scarf during a cup run.

It has never even occurred to me to wash a scarf. Saying that, I can't remember any time I've got them dirty either.

I only wash my scarf once a year at the end of the season and before the friendlies start!

Not sure if it about luck or just me being lazy though!