U 16S In The North Stand

les

Topcat, I have had a though. If your boy is 15 then I am wondering, well, could the two of you not just chance going into the north stand anyway? Someone I know very well used to frequent pubs and nightclubs when he was just 17 years-old, with only a dodgy NUS card as a means of age verification. The same individual would also, on occasion, depending on his personal financial situation, pay half-fare on the bus when he had passed his 16th birthday.

Having said that, I am not sure how strictly the age policy in the north stand is policied. For instance, are there a couple of big fat guys in a dickie bow there glowering menacingly at anyone with bumfluff attempting to pass through the turnstyle?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,ve said from the begining that we are only asking if it was possible to think about those getting close to 16 having a chance to go to the North Stand.

I accepted the reasons of policing given and might go next season. Although unlikely now.

What I and a few others got annoyed about was the vehement reaction that we received just for having the temerity to ask the question. I realise that these decision were made 4 months ago but I don,t spend my life of this forum and when the initial post was made it was my first chance to contribute. I still hope that it will be reviewed after one season.

The Jags are followed by young and old alike and whether they get in for free or not we should all be seen as "valued customer".

• 4 months later...

i'm a 13 year-old thistle fan that sits with my pal every week in the JH stand next to the away fans while watching the people i used to sit amongst sing their lungs out. I understand that yous dont want wee boys like us ruining it but ive been following the jags for 10 years now, was brought up anti-old firm and i know they say section 6 is supposed to be a kids singing section but imagine a wee guy like me was to even try and start a song, i'd be laughed at by the thousand pensioners surrounding me. I don't expect any change but it is very frustrating sitting with the prawn sandwich brigade. This might be the difference between a 11-14 year old becoming attached to the jags or heading off to ibrox or parkhead where they can sit and sing wherever they want.

i'm a 13 year-old thistle fan that sits with my pal every week in the JH stand next to the away fans while watching the people i used to sit amongst sing their lungs out. I understand that yous dont want wee boys like us ruining it but ive been following the jags for 10 years now, was brought up anti-old firm and i know they say section 6 is supposed to be a kids singing section but imagine a wee guy like me was to even try and start a song, i'd be laughed at by the thousand pensioners surrounding me. I don't expect any change but it is very frustrating sitting with the prawn sandwich brigade. This might be the difference between a 11-14 year old becoming attached to the jags or heading off to ibrox or parkhead where they can sit and sing wherever they want.

Thanks for your post jack, however I'm unsure who has been telling you these untruths.

It is not the case that no one wants you in the north stand ruining things, not at all. It's a policy that's been introduced via consultation with the police.

I'm sorry if you feel left out and that folk in the north stand don't want you. I would suggest you get in full voice. Your singing in the kids zone may be the trigger that starts everyone else in the JHS singing. Now, wouldn't that be cracking!

I'm slightly concerned at the age demographic you describe in the JHS, tho!!!

I do hope you don't decide to go and watch rangers or Celtic because someone has told you incorrect information.

On the plus side you have the kids zone in the Aitken Suite where you can meet the players.

Can't wait til you are old enough to come in the north stand, hopefully you will still be coming to firhill.

Thanks for your post jack, however I'm unsure who has been telling you these untruths.

It is not the case that no one wants you in the north stand ruining things, not at all. It's a policy that's been introduced via consultation with the police.

I'm sorry if you feel left out and that folk in the north stand don't want you. I would suggest you get in full voice. Your singing in the kids zone may be the trigger that starts everyone else in the JHS singing. Now, wouldn't that be cracking!

I'm slightly concerned at the age demographic you describe in the JHS, tho!!!

I do hope you don't decide to go and watch rangers or Celtic because someone has told you incorrect information.

On the plus side you have the kids zone in the Aitken Suite where you can meet the players.

Can't wait til you are old enough to come in the north stand, hopefully you will still be coming to firhill.

thanks mate maybe i'll chance when i'm 15 but at the moment its awydays that catch my eye!