U 16S In The North Stand

les

Brilliant LMJ

Your argument was aluminating until you said your were 22. You,ve just started shaving yourself!

I would say by that selfish response that you are 22 coming on 14.

I suppose that my lad annoyed you at the Dunfermline away game a few weeks ago were we were 600 supporters acting and singing as one. Would you ban the whole thistle away support from the North Stand then?

I don,t recall at Dunfermline the precious few in the North Stand who are REAL supporters being ushered to their own reserved singing area or telling the rest of us that we should stop the singing as this is solely reserved for us.

Lets not bother with an away support. The "200" in the North Stand will carry the flag.

I agree now the North Stand should be "kids free" and you should be the first one to get thrown out.

Edited by topcat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMJ and POTM give it a rest with the agenda eh...it's starting to get really really boring. I get your point, we all do, but stop twisting every discussion re kids into this 'out to get something for nothing' garbage.

For what it's worth, I'd advocate a 12/15 year olds provided they were accompanied by an adult (my kids are 7 btw so I have no personal agenda here). Doesn't matter tho as the police have set a stipulation and I think we'd all prefer the status quo rather than what it was like for the best 3 years at least.

Brilliant LMJ

Your argument was aluminating until you said your were 22. You,ve just started shaving yourself!

I suppose that my lad annoyed you at the Dunfermline away game a few weeks ago were we were 600 supporters acting and singing as one. Would you ban the whole thistle away support from the North Stand then?

I don,t recall at Dunfermline the precious few in the North Stand who are REAL supporters being ushered to their own reserved singing area or telling the rest of us that we should stop the singing as this is solely reserved for us.

Lets not bother with an away support. The "200" in the North Stand will carry the flag.

I agree now the North Stand should be "kids free" and you should be the first one to get thrown out.

I hope you don't help your son with his English homework. 'Aluminating.' :lol: I'd be all in favour of your son getting into the North Stand with a responsible adult, it's a shame he doesn't go to games with one going by that post.

LMJ and POTM give it a rest with the agenda eh...it's starting to get really really boring. I get your point, we all do, but stop twisting every discussion re kids into this 'out to get something for nothing' garbage.

For what it's worth, I'd advocate a 12/15 year olds provided they were accompanied by an adult (my kids are 7 btw so I have no personal agenda here). Doesn't matter tho as the police have set a stipulation and I think we'd all prefer the status quo rather than what it was like for the best 3 years at least.

I'll stop when parents stop complaining when they get the best deal out of everyone at Firhill.

Then respond to the complaint/question/suggestion if you must but don't twist it to suit your agenda. Btw you're coming across as a bit of a kid yourself here, laughing at a minor inaccuracy in a guys English then saying 'I'll stop when they stop'.

Was gona get my kids to go up to LMJ at Dunfermline (outside the boozer after the game) and say 'we love you Miss Hanighan!' Thought twice about it tho, not sure the humour would have been appreciated.

Edited by Steven H

Brilliant LMJ

Are you sure you are an adult what a "toys out the pram" response that was!

Did I say kids should not sing? Did I say that we are not "one" support? If you read my posts from last week, I even suggested ways to get the kids involved. If you are so keen so create an atmosphere - start a sing song with the kids. It really is that simple. Dunfermline I stood for 90 minutes and sang my heart out and to be perfectly honest I remember the goal and that was it - I do not recommend drinking from 11 am!

It is not selfish to finally be enjoying going to home games, it is lovely to go to a game and not have to worry about having sweets chucked at me or being told not to swear.

I would suggest reading my posts. I have not said anything that twists the discussion. I am just fed up with people with kids always complaining. I am enjoying the north stand being kids free as it finally feels the club are doing something for those without kids. I would just appreciate if that continued.

Then respond to the complaint/question/suggestion if you must but don't twist it to suit your agenda. Btw you're coming across as a bit of a kid yourself here, laughing at a minor inaccuracy in a guys English then saying 'I'll stop when they stop'.

Was gona get my kids to go up to LMJ at Dunfermline (outside the boozer after the game) and say 'we love you Miss Hanighan!' Thought twice about it tho, not sure the humour would have been appreciated.

I was so drunk at Dunfermline I would have probably laughed at them (possibly been sick on them?)! I really do not mind if people on this forum see me as Mrs Hannigan or the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I am 22 and enjoying life. I am sure most people with kids were 22 and kid free once and can appreciate it my feelings on them! I have 3 cats and that is enough children for now!

I replied in a reasonable manner until the boy lost the plot with his response. It's nothing to do with agendas, I just can't believe how a group as well looked after can complain. The one time that adults get something to massively improve the matchday experience and all it gets is complaints. If I had a kid I'd be grateful they get in for free rather than moan about not getting even more value from it.

Don't see why this is such a big deal really, parets with kids wanted a kids section to get away from the language/abuse/singig whatever but now they want to be moved back into it, like they just want what the next best thing. Saying that, I have a friend who is 15, turns 16 in a few weeks actually, who gets stuck in the jhs with their parents when they can travel to away games in our group and join in the singing, if they paid the £17 could they sit in the north stand with us like usual?

Let's keep this nice and simple. I went along yesterday, didn't take my six year old, went into the North stand. It was great fun, but when said six year old comes with me a week on Saturday, we go to the jackie Husband. He's under 16, and Is therefore not allowed in the North stand. But, get this, he gets in for free and can sit pretty much anywhere he chooses. Moral: if you take an under 16 to the game, you can't go in with them to the North stand.

Next up: getting the moon on a f*cking stick: is it acheivable?

Don't see why this is such a big deal really, parets with kids wanted a kids section to get away from the language/abuse/singig whatever but now they want to be moved back into it, like they just want what the next best thing. Saying that, I have a friend who is 15, turns 16 in a few weeks actually, who gets stuck in the jhs with their parents when they can travel to away games in our group and join in the singing, if they paid the £17 could they sit in the north stand with us like usual?

£12 it would be (or at least it was for 16-21 year olds recently). Officially no they couldn't but I can't see the stewards or police looking for ID or being able to tell the difference between a 15 year and 50 week old and a 16 year old.

I can't remember the last time I paid full price into an away day by claiming to be a concession so I can't see them doing the opposite at Firhill when someone is paying when they don't have to.

Don't tell LMJ though. :innocent2:

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Let's keep this nice and simple. I went along yesterday, didn't take my six year old, went into the North stand. It was great fun, but when said six year old comes with me a week on Saturday, we go to the jackie Husband. He's under 16, and Is therefore not allowed in the North stand. But, get this, he gets in for free and can sit pretty much anywhere he chooses. Moral: if you take an under 16 to the game, you can't go in with them to the North stand.

Next up: getting the moon on a f*cking stick: is it acheivable?

I do the same with my kids, feel the same about them getting in free (and the other benefits like the kids zone after games) and wouldn't take them in the north stand anyway. Fed up hearing the same crap from 2 posters and actually feel a bit insulted by the inference being put across by them.

My kids, and many others, will be Jags fans long after I'm gone...and the only thing the kids go free initiative has done is made me bring them to games earlier in their lives. In truth, they are a bit too young to appreciate the game, but they get the fact they are thistle fans at 7 years old even tho they can't watch them on tv as often as their pals watch their team. LMJ and POTM should remember that and recognise that, in a stadium that's about a quarter full every week, that the club wins long term while guys like me win now and in the future. Doesn't mean parents should shut up and do as they're told.

Just so I've got this right I've to stop having a go at parents because you're bored and offended but parents can continue complaining even though that bores me? This whole 'oh the kids are the future' every single time this is brought up is the most horrendously dull argument ever. No one is disputing children are the future support, it doesn't give their parents the excuse to moan about not having everything go their way.

Stephen Fry puts it so much better than I ever could:

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so ******* what?'

Just so I've got this right I've to stop having a go at parents because you're bored and offended but parents can continue complaining even though that bores me? This whole 'oh the kids are the future' every single time this is brought up is the most horrendously dull argument ever. No one is disputing children are the future support, it doesn't give their parents the excuse to moan about not having everything go their way.

Stephen Fry puts it so much better than I ever could:

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so ******* what?'

I'm not sure any of the parents on this thread have said they are offended by any of this. In fact you and LMJ are the only ones who have used the word offend-.

I can't see what is wrong with parents asking a simple question why they can't have their children in the singing section. The answer is that the police won't allow it and the parents will just have to accept it. There seems to be a few posters who feel hard done by when u16s get in free, as if there is some perceived loss with having to pay full price. I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who wouldn't be a thistle fan had it not been £1 for children to get in 15 years ago during Save the Jags.

Keep calm and follow the Jags :thumbsup2:

I said 'a bit insulted' then the sensible part of my brain kicks in and I realise you just don't get it. Tell you what, show me. Where parents moan about not getting everything their own way. People are questioning why under 16s can't get in the north stand, making valid points, getting told the reason and for the most part accepting it.

I was a Whitney Houston fan for a spell, what can I say ;). If you really think the 'children are our future' argument is lame then it's no wonder you have this agenda. Thankfully people at the club, and fans who happen to be parents, have more foresight than you.

Edited by Steven H

I'm not sure any of the parents on this thread have said they are offended by any of this. In fact you and LMJ are the only ones who have used the word offend-.

I can't see what is wrong with parents asking a simple question why they can't have their children in the singing section. The answer is that the police won't allow it and the parents will just have to accept it. There seems to be a few posters who feel hard done by when u16s get in free, as if there is some perceived loss with having to pay full price. I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who wouldn't be a thistle fan had it not been £1 for children to get in 15 years ago during Save the Jags.

Keep calm and follow the Jags :thumbsup2:

Insulted/Offended. Same difference really.

I have absolutely no problem with kids getting in for free. It's the perceived injustice when parents aren't in receipt of some sort of benefit from everything the club do that irritates me as I've said countless times.

Lets not call it a "Singing section" anymore and refer to it by its real name. The "Adults" only Stand.

Perfect polarisation of the Thistle support is hardly the ethos of OneThistle after over a century of "Faither and Son"

Can I ask who brought you to your first jags game? Was it a parent or uncle perhaps?

As someone who has no kids and has not yet sat in the North Stand, I'm with the parents on this one. They've not said any more than they respect the police's decision but it would be nice for older kids to be able to be involved. I know the years that I became attached for life were probably those from about 13-16, although that was helped by co-inciding with the back to back promotions. We've got a great atmosphere going in the North Stand and if that could be used to get more kids that age attached for life it would be great. I think the kids go free scheme has attracted more kids that are likely to be (very minor) troublemakers, but these kids should be dealt with appropriately as opposed to banning all under 16s. At the moment a fair compromise seems to be if you're interested in going in the north stand and are in the 14-16 bracket you pay your £12 and you are unlikely to have anybody demanding you prove you are old enough. On balance, kids should be allowed in the North Stand too with suitable warnings for the more precious of parents, but until the police relent on that point (and I suspect the club aren't going to go about pushing for concessions when the police are playing ball relatively well) paying in seems a reasonable compromise if you are keen for the North Stand experience. That would presumably keep out the more mischievous youngsters and still allow more youngsters to be converted to being lifelong Jags fans.

I do the same with my kids, feel the same about them getting in free (and the other benefits like the kids zone after games) and wouldn't take them in the north stand anyway. Fed up hearing the same crap from 2 posters and actually feel a bit insu'lted by the inference being put across by them.

My kids, and many others, will be Jags fans long after I'm gone...and the only thing the kids go free initiative has done is made me bring them to games earlier in their lives. In truth, they are a bit too young to appreciate the game, but they get the fact they are thistle fans at 7 years old even tho they can't watch them on tv as often as their pals watch their team. LMJ and POTM should remember that and recognise that, in a stadium that's about a quarter full every week, that the club wins long term while guys like me win now and in the future. Doesn't mean parents should shut up and do as they're told.

Kids are the future? Your kids are thistle fans? Your kids will bring their kids? No way! If you actually bothered to read my posts on this maybe you would understand my point of view.

Kids are the future so treating those who don't have kids now but will have in the future like they are valued fans doesn't do any harm and in fact builds and restores that fan trust! The north stand makes me feel valued despite having no kids!

I am sick to death of folk with kids on here complaining about everything that does not go there way!

As I said read my posts before having a go!!

Edited by little_miss_jag

I said 'a bit offend' then the sensible part of my brain kicks in and I realise you just don't get it. Tell you what, show me. Where parents moan about not getting everything their own way. People are questioning why under 16s can't get in the north stand, making valid points, getting told the reason and for the most part accepting it.

I was a Whitney Houston fan for a spell, what can I say ;). If you really think the 'children are our future' argument is lame then it's no wonder you have this agenda. Thankfully people at the club, and fans who happen to be parents, have more foresight than you.

Check pretty much any thread where cup prices mention the fact kids have to pay in or the pre-season tournament thread where kids have to pay in or the numerous threads about kids not being allowed in the North Stand. You'll find plenty of moaning or complaining by parents. Since you're bored of my argument you'll have seen these so there's no real need for me to show you anything. That's not even including the threads where OneThistle invite feedback as I'm sure there's plenty of moans in those although at least it's in the main constructive.

The 'children are the future' argument is dull as it has absolutely no relevance to the actual point in hand. It's as if it seen as some sort of kryptonite to those who don't agree with parents about anything. Please enlighten me what children being the future support of the club has to do with the fact they have to sit in one stand rather than the other.

What stand kids sit in is not my point here POTM, the cost of cup games for kids has been mentioned, agreed...but just because kids go free for league games doesn't mean parents can't complain about high cup prices. It also doesn't mean they 'moan about not getting everything their own way'. It doesn't mean they have to accept things they feel aggrieved about (rightly or wrongly) and it doesn't mean they have to have you at LMJ bang the same drum every time it's mentioned. What age were you when you first attended Firhill? Remember that feeling? Of course you do, that's way you're a Jags fan...back then you would have been seen as 'the future' and look, you are :).

So LMJ, your point is that you feel valued as a fan because you sit in a child free environment? Fair enough, I haven't challenge that point tho. I've challenged the fact you are constantly harping on about parents getting something you're not...and about you saying parents shouldnt complain as the kids get in for free. I know you know who I am, and you'll have seen me loving it in the north stand, you'll also not have seen me (I know, you're not interested enough to notice...bear with me :P). When I'm not in the north stand I'm in the futures section with my kids. When I go to away games I like a wee liquid refreshment, but don't do it when the kids are there. Why do I bother to make these (little) sacrifices? Because my kids get in free or because I want them to learn what it's like to be a Jag? Yes the children are the future (pure cheese maybe, but also pure true).

Edited by Steven H

Regards U16 in North Stand the Police were concerned that The Green Brigade had a whole load of youngsters tagged onto it and didnt want to have to deal with this as they have across the City ,we were cut a lot of slack ,in turn we respected the Police concerns - we also have a very different Stewarding system where the North Stand is "self policed" - it would be impossible to do this with U16s present as a non parent cant speak to an U16.

In addition and this is very important - the aim is to have the away support squeezed by TWO singing sections from our Thistle Ultras and Thistle Futures Zones and the North Stand ,we know there is a lot of hard work to be done on this front ,its better not perfect ,simply better.

The actual solution is to have the U16 Zones as loud as the North Stand ,we have challanges as we are dealing with youngsters but going forward we will see how we can address these.

Now everyone PLEASE stop bickering - for those who have a short memory - two word DARREN BRADY - now we all have had reality check - calm doon :)

We have an ageing support ,to have a long term future we need younger fans ,kids go free is simply a loss leader - straight commercial decision ,nothing more ,nothing less - we have now issued over 400 U16 Season tickets target is 500 - we have data capture ,we are getting there- lots of work to be done ,but we are getting there

The Police have said that at the moment it will be over 16s only , that is the end of any argument at the moment.

If everything continues as it is doing just now then the One Thistle guys could speak to the Police and see if they are willing to allow say 12+ into the stand , perks of the Thistle Ultras scheme would be a good way to put it. Sign up for a season ticket and membership of the older kids schemes and the club will allow you into the North Stand to sing the sweary songs if you want. Anyone misbehaves and they are punted back to the JHS.

Just my thoughts on a sensible way to approach this as the season progresses.

Regards U16 in North Stand the Police were concerned that The Green Brigade had a whole load of youngsters tagged onto it and didnt want to have to deal with this as they have across the City ,we were cut a lot of slack ,in turn we respected the Police concerns - we also have a very different Stewarding system where the North Stand is "self policed" - it would be impossible to do this with U16s present as a non parent cant speak to an U16.

In addition and this is very important - the aim is to have the away support squeezed by TWO singing sections from our Thistle Ultras and Thistle Futures Zones and the North Stand ,we know there is a lot of hard work to be done on this front ,its better not perfect ,simply better.

The actual solution is to have the U16 Zones as loud as the North Stand ,we have challanges as we are dealing with youngsters but going forward we will see how we can address these.

Now everyone PLEASE stop bickering - for those who have a short memory - two word DARREN BRADY - now we all have had reality check - calm doon :)

We have an ageing support ,to have a long term future we need younger fans ,kids go free is simply a loss leader - straight commercial decision ,nothing more ,nothing less - we have now issued over 400 U16 Season tickets target is 500 - we have data capture ,we are getting there- lots of work to be done ,but we are getting there

:lol: Darren Brady...that made me laugh, bristling Stevie is aff his soap box :P

BTW anything I can help with re gettin the futures and ultras zones involved let me know. My kids are part timers for now, partly coz the wee shites canny be bothered sometimes and partly because I love it in the north stand, but will be in the kids zone a fair bit this season.

Edited by Steven H