Livingston Away, I Presume?

jagfox

Thought I was working but think I'll venture east for this one.

Not heard much about the Collins/ Hughes revolution so far. Could be a good game as Livi play a decent style of football. Hopefully Craig can do the old score a couple against his old team trick :)

Got to admit that I've started feeling quite edgy before games of late. It's like a feeling of 'could the bubble burst today?'. Every game seems like a potential banana skin, now that we're the team to beat. I should be feeling relaxed, and even a wee bit smug, but I don't and I worry about defeat more than I did when we weren't that good.

I think Livy will be in the top 3 or 4 come the end of the season, so a win - or even a draw, to be fair - will be yet another big leap forward towards the title that we maybe shouldn't be mentioning; not for a while yet anyway.

Monni Thistle.

Not a happy hunting ground for Jags!! But neither was East End Park, but we won. Im going for Jags 1-0. Craig!!

We have won four of our last seven games against Livingston, but only one of our last four (including home and away matches). Livingston won the other three games. Our only away win was the 4-2 where Rowser and I think Harkins scored fantastic goals.

That game at Livi last season when we totally outplayed them just to be beaten by a wonder/lucky strike at the very end somehow seemed to knock the psychological stuffing out of our team for the remainder of the season. I think that this season's team is much more resilient than that, and even a defeat tomorrow (which I don't anticipate) would be only a minor setback. In any case, Meadowbank deserve a thrashing from us.

First game of the season for me; looking forward to it. Monra Jags.

This is going to be my first game of the season too. Hopefully i'm not a Jonah.

Would be interesting to see how this team would react after losing the first goal. As that hasn't happened yet. (In the league anyway). Although I think a prefer a comfortable win and no goals conceded. :thumbsup2:

Can't go 'cos I just got out of hospital yesterday, a rather nasty infection- however I'm always nervous about away games with Meadowbank. Hopefully, Jackie will have the lads well up for this and will stress the dangers of complacecy etc.

That said, as others have said Meadowbank may well be one of our main challengers so though I obviously want to win would be satisfie with a point. It may well turn out to be our most challenging game so far, which I'll admit is not exactly saying a lot.

Not a bad day for the footie, bit windy which can affect both teams. However I'm confident due to Paton and Shug-meister allowing our attacking midfielders to get forward at every opportunity.

Also McNeil in goals so hopefully we can get him flapping by forcing a few corners and free-kicks in the Livi half. No predictions but if we play like we did in Dunfermline I feel we can get another well deserved three points.

Forza Thistle!

Can't go 'cos I just got out of hospital yesterday, a rather nasty infection- however I'm always nervous about away games with Meadowbank. Hopefully, Jackie will have the lads well up for this and will stress the dangers of complacecy etc.

That said, as others have said Meadowbank may well be one of our main challengers so though I obviously want to win would be satisfie with a point. It may well turn out to be our most challenging game so far, which I'll admit is not exactly saying a lot.

A win today would see us on 15 points and Livi on 4, a nice way to show them that their "challenge" is effectively over only a month into the season.

A win today would see us on 15 points and Livi on 4, a nice way to show them that their "challenge" is effectively over only a month into the season.

Interesting stat, imo. It would appear that this games is more of a test for Livi's promotion credential than ours. Hopefully we can sucker them on the break and seal another three points :)