A Momentous Occasion...

jagscast

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also approaching 50 years watching Thistle at Firhill - don't feel that old though! First game was 1 December 1962 - 3-0 win against Airdrieonians - we were at the top of the League then - I'm hoping that we are top again (albeit in a Division below) on my 50th Anniversary.

Edited by Winter of '63

Can't remember my first game but am told it was a reward for learning to walk, so that would have been season 79/80. First game I remember was when I was mascot against Ayr Utd in 1983. We won, 3-1 I think and had a possibly unfair dislike of Kenny Watson ever since coz he wouldn't let MoJo take me onto the pitch :lol: weans eh.

Thanks to Tom Hughes and Allan Cowan, another lifelong fan lost forever. That pair must have been responsible for losing as many fans (directly or indirectly) as Dick Campbell was. What a recipe for disaster that was!!!

A disgraceful episode in the history of the club.

You are of course correct Will, these 2 guys were to public relations what Dick Campbell was to tactical awareness.

The damage these 2 guys did is near irreparable.

Hughes and Cowan running things at Firhill is in the past, a bygone, quite unsavoury era. Thistle (ex-)supporters who lost faith back then would do well to remember that the club outlives ephemeral officials, and that things in general are now looking much better for everybody involved at the club, whether employees, volunteers, or just fans. Hopefully those fans will make their way back and hopefully join in our overdue success; they've also deserved it for putting up with a lot back then.

Hughes and Cowan running things at Firhill is in the past, a bygone, quite unsavoury era. Thistle (ex-)supporters who lost faith back then would do well to remember that the club outlives ephemeral officials, and that things in general are now looking much better for everybody involved at the club, whether employees, volunteers, or just fans. Hopefully those fans will make their way back and hopefully join in our overdue success; they've also deserved it for putting up with a lot back then.

Hear hear.

One of the most memorable games in my time. This thread is making me feel like a real dinosaur, for the first game I clearly remember was Chritmas Day 1948 (Jags 1 Morton 0) - although I was reliably informed that my dad had me there in August 1939, aged 5 ( Jags 2 Hearts 2 according to the official history). Reckon I've earned my " Thistle cap and Thistle tie" !

Definatly the winner, over 70 years and still coming back for more