soapy

i came up to Firhill for the first time in a year for the Raith Rovers game, and enjoyed the crowd in the JHS, seemed more than 1800 as i couldnt see an empty seat anywhere. But it did seemed strange looking over at the 'shed' in the north stand, and not even knowing if any away fans were here lol.

Just wondered what folk thot of away fans in the JHS. what was it like with Falkirk and their big support and what will happen if we draw an SPL team in the cup with a big support like Hearts?

of course the ideal scenario would be a similar stand at the city end for our lads, and the north stand still dedicated to away fans.

i came up to Firhill for the first time in a year for the Raith Rovers game, and enjoyed the crowd in the JHS, seemed more than 1800 as i couldnt see an empty seat anywhere. But it did seemed strange looking over at the 'shed' in the north stand, and not even knowing if any away fans were here lol.

Just wondered what folk thot of away fans in the JHS. what was it like with Falkirk and their big support and what will happen if we draw an SPL team in the cup with a big support like Hearts?

of course the ideal scenario would be a similar stand at the city end for our lads, and the north stand still dedicated to away fans.

Agreed. But it seems unlikely to happen. Haven't been to a game yet this season (next week, at last!), but everybody seems to be happy with the North Stand being open for Thistle fans. It looks pretty sparsely populated, however.

Have a look at some of the other threads on this :thumbsup2:

Now all we need is some bloody away fans though!

Fed up giving these clubs big travelling gates and getting hee-haw in return...

It's frustrating that's for sure. Look at Hamilton - we took a big support there on a tuesday night, only for them to bring no one for saturday game 3 days later.

However, as angry as it makes me, I do enjoy away games and at the moment I don't want to miss a single game.

I think I know what you mean But if we were in the SPL other clubs could say the same about us.

What I do object to is other clubs not offering us the same facilities as they do their own yet charging the same walk up price. It wasn't so much the £19 at Dens Pk but the silly stand we were getting stuck in latterly. Been the same on occasions at East End Pk.

And Cappielow is just a sick joke. Morton fans have the choice of standing or sitting in relative comfort. They can of course get prised into their end of the DVT stand with a greatly restricted view should they wish (don't even know if it's as cramped) but they have the choice. Similarly if they like getting wet they can vacate the covered enclosure and stand out in their open end and there's no stopping them making a quarter mile round trip to the loo should that be their want but again they've got the choice. Charging us £15 for that is surely pro rata the biggest rip off we come up against.

Rant over, and back with the away crowds at Firhill. Because of the Fife derbies we're bound to lose out with many of those who cherry pick their games. That covers Pars, Raith, Cowden and to a lesser extent Falkirk. Livingston fans don't even seem to go to Almondvale, Airdrie have lost a huge chunk of their support, many Accies fans have chucked it (temporarily at least) due to their board. Dumbarton haven't many fans but at least turn up.

So that just leaves Morton, who nearly always bring a relatively large support, and when are we playing them at Firhill? Boxing Day and Tueday April 9th. Can't even get one Saturday fixture. More pressure on the team to keep up our fine form and One Thistle to keep plugging away with the matchday experience thingy methinks.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I think I know what you mean

I absolutely don't know what he means. Is there so quid-pro-quo agreement whereby if I pay into an away ground them somehow one of their fans is obligated to turn up at Firhill?

For God's sake we have the choice to go to games and if we do then great but this holy righteousness that we are somehow bigger than others is nothing short of the arrogance I expect from the people that have screwed Scottish football over for the last 30ish years.