Awful Game

ptfc 1971 4-1

what annoys me more is a completely pointless thread! There's plenty of discussion of today's game in the just in thread!

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/6618-just-in-from-crappielow/

Don't post on it then.

It was an awful game,mate, but you could have just posted your comment on the just in thread just to keep the woman happy with the housekeeping

seriously have a look at the league.. joint top after 7 games....... get a life

oryte calm down ffs just saying my view, we're all thistle fans so keep your head mate. you should be the one gettin a life, if a tiny thing like that annoys you, there was nothing other than intentions of getting some other jags fans views, just tell me that there's a thread for that and i'd have got the bloody message.

oryte calm down ffs just saying my view, we're all thistle fans so keep your head mate. you should be the one gettin a life, if a tiny thing like that annoys you, there was nothing other than intentions of getting some other jags fans views, just tell me that there's a thread for that and i'd have got the bloody message.

stay positve.... it might just work out this season... if the snipers pipe down and we realise our position and finances.... cheers

stay positve.... it might just work out this season... if the snipers pipe down and we realise our position and finances.... cheers

I am normally very positive, i was giving my all to start a bit of a song today but nothing bar the usual jags fans were singing, no noise at that game, so don't call me the negative one!

Your annoyed more by a new thread here than you are a defeat?

Well yes cos the new thread reminded me of the defeat. I can at least avoid the just in thread! Plus it annoys me why people start silly threads when there are similar threads already there!

I am normally very positive, i was giving my all to start a bit of a song today but nothing bar the usual jags fans were singing, no noise at that game, so don't call me the negative one!

Oh see now we agree. I think they were enough people signing, just not near each other to keep it going!

Atmosphere at Raith last week and Morton this week have both been disappointing!! You wouldn't think we were joint top really!!

It did seem to me that the players' heads went down a bit towards the end yesterday, especially after the 2nd goal went in. Not really a "keep at 'em" performance, though they might have felt that they were having little success with 11 on the park, so what was the point of trying with only 10.

Quite noisy where I was standing, quite a few Jags fans chanting etc. If only we had the shed for acoustics. One of the few times that I've been to Cappielow and the weather has held. Some good football in patches from the team but, let's be honest, we all knew we'd face some performance dips at some stage in the season. If the management team can do their bit - and I'm sure they don't need me to point out the under performers and those who've just lost confidence - then I remain confident that we can still do well this season. TBH, that's all I ask - 100% effort for the jersey.

• Members

It did seem to me that the players' heads went down a bit towards the end yesterday, especially after the 2nd goal went in. Not really a "keep at 'em" performance, though they might have felt that they were having little success with 11 on the park, so what was the point of trying with only 10.

Are you sure Jaggernaut? Despite only beng up against 10 men for most of the second half, Morton only created two chances from open play the second coming 5 minutes from the end when they scored the clinching goal. i thought there was only one team looking to score for most of the second half.

Oh see now we agree. I think they were enough people signing, just not near each other to keep it going!

Atmosphere at Raith last week and Morton this week have both been disappointing!! You wouldn't think we were joint top really!!

Then why not move closer to them??

Are you sure Jaggernaut? Despite only beng up against 10 men for most of the second half, Morton only created two chances from open play the second coming 5 minutes from the end when they scored the clinching goal. i thought there was only one team looking to score for most of the second half.

You might be right. It might be the overall lack of shots on goal that has me thinking that we were pretty ineffective in attack yesterday. Maybe the highlights will make things clearer.

One thing: how long are we going to persist with Paton's corners floating right into the keeper's hands or on top of a gigantic defender's heid?

I think it's reasonable to say we appear to be on the slide.

Since Livi we've beat Cowdenbeath with a penalty and an OG and looked distinctively ropey for quite a while in the second half, drew 1 each at Kirkcaldy with a last minute goal and although I wasn't there, those I've spoken to that were say it was poor, and then yesterday, when 2-1 down in the second half we did very little to threaten to pull it back before they got their third.

That said, onwards and upwards to next Sunday!

Clearly by that you didn't go yesterday.

And if you did go then you will have known it was packed in the wee Dublin end and a case of standing where there was a space.

To be fair, although it appeared to me to be packed a video posted on p&b by a Morton fan shows otherwise.

Up the back pretty busy, down the front ample room.

Cappielow has never been a ground we've travelled particularly well to barring a cup game when we were in the SPL and we hadn't played them for years prior that. Yet places like Stirling which are slightly further away we always seem to take a very good support.

To be fair, although it appeared to me to be packed a video posted on p&b by a Morton fan shows otherwise.

Up the back pretty busy, down the front ample room.

That shot was taken before kick off. Officially just over 1000 Thistle fans at Cappielow on Saturday.