Visitors To Glasgow

Lambies Lost Doo

Got 2 couples up from England in Glasgow in 2 weekends time and thinking about what to do and see in Glasgow and need to get my tourist hat on. Anyone done the same for people who have visited in a similar situation.

I'm thinking

Friday night - local for a couple of drinks in Shawlands.

Saturday - weather dependent

Necropolis, Merchant City, Alien War at The Arches, lunch venue to be decided, (hoping to sneak away to Thistle game with the gents), walk up to West End including Park Circus, Kelvingrove Park, University Avenue, dinner in West End venue to be decided)

Sunday - late breakfast in Shawlands/Strathbungo (as stay in Cathcart)

Got 2 couples up from England in Glasgow in 2 weekends time and thinking about what to do and see in Glasgow and need to get my tourist hat on. Anyone done the same for people who have visited in a similar situation.

I'm thinking

Friday night - local for a couple of drinks in Shawlands.

Saturday - weather dependent

Necropolis, Merchant City, Alien War at The Arches, lunch venue to be decided, (hoping to sneak away to Thistle game with the gents), walk up to West End including Park Circus, Kelvingrove Park, University Avenue, dinner in West End venue to be decided)

Sunday - late breakfast in Shawlands/Strathbungo (as stay in Cathcart)

Sounds like you've got it all planned mate. :thumbsup2:

Not a bad Itinerary. I would pop into the cathedral for half an hour after the Necropolis (especially if you know where Bishop Wishart's tomb is, what a character he was). Maybe squeeze in the Ben Nevis, Lismore and Oran Mor for refreshments.

Not a bad Itinerary. I would pop into the cathedral for half an hour after the Necropolis (especially if you know where Bishop Wishart's tomb is, what a character he was). Maybe squeeze in the Ben Nevis, Lismore and Oran Mor for refreshments.

Good shout. The St Mungo museum of religion is actually pretty interesting, right beside the cathedral.

Pollok Park would be worth a visit seen as your over this side of the city...maybe just visit Pollok House..as the park will dreich this time of year!

Disclaimer : Do not mistake Pollok House with the Pollok Inn about a mile up the road as your guests may end up kidnapped :shok:

Edited by Chicofan