Mark Mcguigan

thriller

Delighted for the big man today.Came on and worked his socks off without any protection from referee.Really got the Raith back men turning and showed them a clean pair of heels with some tricky footwork.Beginning to see now why Jackie rates the big fella so highly..Would love to see him and Craig given a run together to form a partnership.

• Like 1

I was surprised when he replaced Erskine because it didn't seem like a like-for-like replacement, but the big guy was really good today and really proved why Jackie rates him. Might be worth a start against Ardrie in a couple of weeks where he could wreak havoc with their defence.

Big enough to win things in the air , we're spoiled for strikers I believe, but Mark should start soon, and it would be great to get a strike partnership going, for those old enough to remember, Jimmy Bone and Frank Coulson were an uncanny combination, the team wasnt the same when they were split up, Erskine or Craig with the big man could be lethal. Team going well in attack but our defense has been shocking of late and the discipline needs improving as well.

Big enough to win things in the air , we're spoiled for strikers I believe, but Mark should start soon, and it would be great to get a strike partnership going, for those old enough to remember, Jimmy Bone and Frank Coulson were an uncanny combination, the team wasnt the same when they were split up, Erskine or Craig with the big man could be lethal. Team going well in attack but our defense has been shocking of late and the discipline needs improving as well.

As long as you score more goals than you concede it doesn't really matter.

Still, I think we're really solid with Balatoni and Muirhead at the back. We have conceded few goals with that combination this season, though I reckon this will be Archie's last season (at least at this level), and we would need to find a replacement for him in case of injury and suspension.

He did well when he come on, always looks keen to make a good impression on the game. Don't think I'd start him anytime soon, as Craig played well, scored 1 made 1. This talk of a partnership - have i been watching another team this season? We don't play 2 strikers. The system works fine, why you'd want to change our shape after the start we've had I'll never know. As an option of the bench he will do just now, need to wait for Craig to lose form/leave until he starts

• Like 1

This could be a very interesting January and present major headaches for the manager and the board. As I have stated I heard from two different sources today that Dools is wanted by Hearts in January and if the Hibs fans are to be believed on P and B, Erskine will be joining PC at Easter Road at the same time. Do the board risk losing the league by cashing in and breaking up the team in the knowledge that both players are out of contract at the end of the season. Can Mark McGuigan step up to the plate if Dools and The Bridge go. Hopefully we can get Craig signed up asap. Its gonna be an interesting few weeks coming up with the transfer speculation and the Morton game coming up...especially with them facing the Pars shortly after!

We should not be selling Doolan and especially Erskine in January. We will get sod all for them and with them we go up, without them it willbe a lot harder. If they leave in the summer for nowt and we are in the SPL that's one a hell of a better outcome than making £60k for the 2 of them in January and being in the 1st Division next season.

• Like 1

Been reading fans reaction from Albion Rovers fans last two games and although they seem to think Elliot's been decent for them so far, they're all saying that they massively miss McGuigan. Seem to love the guy.

Would be delighted if he's a success with us, because application isn't the issue and you can tell he wants it.

havent you noticed how our "system" is being read and analysed by opposition teams and they've set up a system to thwart our style ? they close us up going forward now pretty evident against Accies, so we need to look at going at them in a different way, 1st quarter of the season worked for us , we only dropped 2 points , this 2nd quarter we're down 8 pts already , so they're on to us !!!! A two pronged strike force would get us going again.

Apologies , yes it is 5 pts dropped each quarter but the 5 in the first quarter was after the full 9 games , this second lost 5 is after only 5 games and our losses are fairly recent , need a wee jag in the bum to kick start us again , flagging a bit !!

Edited by Harry Wragg

havent you noticed how our "system" is being read and analysed by opposition teams and they've set up a system to thwart our style ? they close us up going forward now pretty evident against Accies, so we need to look at going at them in a different way, 1st quarter of the season worked for us , we only dropped 2 points , this 2nd quarter we're down 8 pts already , so they're on to us !!!! A two pronged strike force would get us going again.

1st quarter of the season we dropped 5 points - a draw at Raith Rovers and the defeat by Morton - so it's 5 points dropped in each quarter so far with 4 games in this quarter to go (Morton, Cowdenbeath, Airdrie and Dumbarton although the way the fixture list and postponements have worked out it's really Morton, Airdrie, Hamilton and Livi).