Dumbarton

Lindau

Some people on here just need to calm down. The second half performance was dire and our final ball isn't brilliant but, echoing what some people are saying here, this is a young team, abusing and booing them will not help at all. Nor will it help experienced heads like Murray and Craig who are (apparently) picking up a low wage and may not necessarily feel the need to be here. Craig not looking interested at all yesterday showed this.

We really do desperately need O'Donnell back and fit. I'd be interested to know how many of the goals that we scored while he was on the pitch he had some sort of involvement in. Muirhead puts in a shift at right back but his delivery is inconsistent and we miss his height at centre half.

The only complaint people can have about the first half is that our final ball was woeful. Some of the football we played was outstanding and I thought my 5/1 shout for Lawless first scorer was a definite because the boy was different class. I think playing him in the hole looks like his best position. Even Shug, who I have never understood why he's allowed in a Thistle shirt for most of the season, played decent. Bannigan and Sinclair were also quality, although Sinclair's final ball was horrendous, he needs to feel confident enough to cut inside and lay it off more rather than just punting it in the box.

Second half was a bit of a horror show. As soon as we go a goal down, we seem to lack ideas and heads drop really quickly. It is vitally important that as "supporters", we show the team the support from the stands in volume to keep their heads up. Some of the abuse and the boos from some sections of the crowd were absolutely appauling. Playing the long balls alienated Lawless and he couldn't get into the game,

I, however, still feel confident in this team to do us proud. We're third in the league, six points off top with two games in hand. When we're on our game we are the best team in the league by a mile and so I find no reason to panic just yet. The sooner we sort out our away record, the better though.

Absolute bollocks today. On a par with the pish Dick Campbell served up.

One player who I think deserves tremendous credit though is Sinclair, he was tremendous and worked his ******* bollocks off. Was sitting near the front and I heard one of the Dumbarton players passing on tactics from the bench to double up on him, because he was getting so much joy down the wing. Final ball is maybe a bit lacking, but his weaknesses are clearly something that can be improved.

Hugh Murray, ******* rubbish. Mark McGuigan, hopeless again and living off his celebration. Craig, theres no middle ground with this ****, either amazing or absolute tripe. Woeful today.

Hi MVM everyone has an opinion, but were you at the game? big Sinclair had a howler like the whole team did, all he did was a couple of runs down the flanks, and failed 9/10 to put a decent cross in the box, gave the ball away lot in the second half, he was not the worst.The team needs to get it's shape back, Bannigan in my opinion only is better at left back, Paton middle, Muirhead centre back o donnell right back then we will be sorted.

Paul Paton school of crossing the ball, why can't a player who is a decent pro, not put a decent cross in?? everytime he has loads of time on the ball it fails to beat the 1st defender, does the team not practise crossing everyday??we he get's the ball on the wing it's like a hot tattie to him he doesn't know what to do with it, but he's been great in midfield just his crossing is utter pish.

Hi MVM everyone has an opinion, but were you at the game? big Sinclair had a howler like the whole team did, all he did was a couple of runs down the flanks, and failed 9/10 to put a decent cross in the box, gave the ball away lot in the second half, he was not the worst.The team needs to get it's shape back, Bannigan in my opinion only is better at left back, Paton middle, Muirhead centre back o donnell right back then we will be sorted.

I thought Sinclair played well for the first hour before succumbing to the general malaise that was spreading throughout the team.

The one player I would exempt from criticism was Bannigan. He maintained a high standard for the whole 90 minutes and even at the end he was working hard doing a lot of defensive covering as well as bringing the ball forward.

Craig and Doolan together did not work and I feel that we should revert to our previous successful format with one or other of them being supported by both Lawless and Erskine. Whichever of Craig or Doolan is dropped may feel hard done by, but that should motivate them to come off the bench with the right attitude to score or otherwise change the game.