Dumbarton

Lindau

dunfermline losing 3-1 to airdrie so theres the silver lining; best chance in the next few mins would be for falkirk to get an equaliser...

We shouldnt be looking at the other teams to do us a favour.. we should be beating Dumbarton, Airdrie...the early season hype has died a death..i thought it was totally unjustified anyway based on what i witnessed in the flesh(dungfy game apart)

Poor, poor stuff.

We should have went into half-time winning. Ewings made 2 great saves and the Dumbarton goal was very lucky. I thought Lawless and Bannigan were excellent in the first-half. In the second, the were non-existent and we didn't get going until there was about 2 minutes left. We didn't deserve to win.

I've said it about a million times before, but without Sean Welsh we are a very average team. He controls the game and is our most influential player. I could be wrong, but we have not lost a game when he has started. O'Donnell being out is a real problem too. We miss the width and pace he gives us. Muirhead just doesn't seem comfortable there and I think we would miss Paton if in the midfield if we pushed him back in there.

Another thing I've said quite a lot before is that when Steven Craig doesn't score he is extremely ineffective and I think that was evident to everyone today. Shuggie was poor too today, I just don't see what he brings to the team. Yes, he protects the back 4, but Paton could do that too and his passing and everything else is a lot better. Although TBF to Shug he made a very good tackle in the first half at the edge of our own box.

I thought before the game that Erskine should have playing and that was plainly obvious that we were crying out for him. It took him a while to get into the game when he came on but he did add something to us.

The referee was completely hopeless too - for both sides. For a start, Prunty was atleast a yard offside for his goal - not that it would've made a difference. Lawless' booking for diving seemed bizarre, it looks him Graham had stepped across him. He somehow missed Balatoni's handball too and failed to give Dumbarton a corner when Fox got a good hand to Agnew's free-kick.

• Like 1

Think everyone should calm down a bit. Yes recent results have been far from satisfactory but all is not lost. Couple of away wins and we're calling the tune again. These other guys at the top will have a run of sticky results and hopefully by then we will be in command again. Couple of points I can throw into the pot. Shug Murray brings his experience to our young side and I feel a lot of folk should remember just how young and inexperienced our lads are. Muirhead is not and never will be a right back. I also think Craig and Doolan are too alike and wonder when Mcguigan is going to get a run of starts to show what he can do. Have always likes a big striker alongside a smaller one. Just feel Dools and Craig are carbon copies of each other . In Jackie we trust.

Not quite sure about that lineup today. A lot of huff and puff - no one able to play a decent final pass or decent shot on target.

Bring back the 5 2 3 formation we had at the start of the season. Aaron Muirhead is completely lost out there. Play Bannigan at right wing back until O'Donnell returns.

O'Donnell is back in 2-3 weeks. Can't come soon enough!

• Like 2

The team should hang there head's in shame today they only played for 20min's then chucked it.

I hope that Jackie has the lot of them in training in the morning, get them running, shot practise, cross practise, maybe Paul Paton could stay behind and do more of that !.

Disapointing day to be a Jags fan today, the team owes the fan's big style, with a performance.

• Like 1

Not quite sure about that lineup today. A lot of huff and puff - no one able to play a decent final pass or decent shot on target.

Bring back the 5 2 3 formation we had at the start of the season. Aaron Muirhead is completely lost out there. Play Bannigan at right wing back until O'Donnell returns.

O'Donnell is back in 2-3 weeks. Can't come soon enough!

Well said mate.

I don't think we were shite today from a football entertainment sense but we need to to make better decisions at the edge of the box. looking to score the perfect goal will not win us the league, the amount of shots on target was a disgrace.We also need to learn to cross the ball into dangerous areas to attack rather than constantly hitting the first defender. I agree with the comments about getting AM back into centre half, that cost us big today on both goals. I think teams have sussed us out now as when we go a goal behind we quick run out of ideas.

I'm so glad I like a drink...!

The team should hang there head's in shame today they only played for 20min's then chucked it.

I hope that Jackie has the lot of them in training in the morning, get them running, shot practise, cross practise, maybe Paul Paton could stay behind and do more of that !.

Disapointing day to be a Jags fan today, the team owes the fan's big style, with a performance.

No excuses today no sending offs 11 v 11 thought craig didn't try a leg today and i told him so when he went down the tunnel to which he wanted to fight me but was held back by the stewards if steven craig is reading this i appologise but if only hed showed that much aggression today on the park hed have done better
  • Like 1

That game was lost in the dugout: if your team dominate midfield for half the game and keep putting one cross after another into the box, only for it to be defended, then it's time to try another approach. What the team did was presumably what they were told to do - more of the same, in the hope there would be a different result. :confused1: Craig did not contribute (and it doesn't matter what the reason was), whereas Doolan was near to scoring a couple of times: so why substitute Doolan rather than Craig, if you want to freshen things up? That was poor decison-making from Jackie.

The Dumbarton manager, on the other hand, had it sussed: keep pressing Thistle players to play the long-ball game, and they'll lose possession while they're piling forward, making a sucker punch all the more likely. The result? 2 goals up, and packing the box will wrap up the game. A lesson for our rookie manager, I hope. (Don't forget that Falkirk did the same and Cowdenbeath has come close to it too.)

• Like 1

To me the team revolves round 4 players. Fox (missed badly) O'Donnell (severely missed just now) Muirhead (being played out of position) and Welsh (severely missed) If we get those 4 back on the pitch at the same time things will improve....just need to hang on to Mortons coat tails till this happens but that wont be easy. Really didnt expect them to win today at Falkirk!

Edited by Lindau

Not quite sure about that lineup today. A lot of huff and puff - no one able to play a decent final pass or decent shot ontarget

Lawless's passing in the 1st half was superb, the crossing was shocking today, lucky if 10 percent got by the 1st defender and when it did it was sailing long by the back post. There goalkeeper kept them in the game in the 1st 20mins. Over 90mins we had enough chances to win a couple of games.

It was also embarrassing listening to some fans at the game abuse our own players. Do we as thistle fans have a divine right to win every game. We have a young side and they do not need abuse from there own fans. How many of us can honestly say before a ball was kicked at the beginning of the season they that expected us to be in a cup final and right in the mix for the league?

Edited by Auld Yin

I obviously "get it " more than you .I realise and accept it's Thistle we support and not friggin Barca. No trophies handed out in January last time I looked. Once again in Jackie we trust.

It's not as if "a couple of away wins" seem like coming along any time soon.

Where exactly? Airdrie? Dumbarton? I maintain; you don't get it.

It is time for Jackie to come up with a new game plan. He had it bang on at the start of the season, other teams are now adjusting to counter it, he now needs to do something else.

We weren't at the races today, we just didn't look like we had a win in us. It was the same at Airdrie.

Absolute bollocks today. On a par with the pish Dick Campbell served up.

One player who I think deserves tremendous credit though is Sinclair, he was tremendous and worked his ******* bollocks off. Was sitting near the front and I heard one of the Dumbarton players passing on tactics from the bench to double up on him, because he was getting so much joy down the wing. Final ball is maybe a bit lacking, but his weaknesses are clearly something that can be improved.

Hugh Murray, ******* rubbish. Mark McGuigan, hopeless again and living off his celebration. Craig, theres no middle ground with this ****, either amazing or absolute tripe. Woeful today.

Well played by Dumbarton. They did the simple things right and restricted our chances outwith the first twenty minutes. We may as well of not bothered coming out for the second half.

Jocky Scott was scouting Aaron Sinclair for the Dons today. Probably our best performer on the day, imo.

I can't believe fans having a go at players. If they get that angry about a game of football they're probably better staying at home.

Think everyone should calm down a bit. Yes recent results have been far from satisfactory but all is not lost. Couple of away wins and we're calling the tune again. These other guys at the top will have a run of sticky results and hopefully by then we will be in command again. Couple of points I can throw into the pot. Shug Murray brings his experience to our young side and I feel a lot of folk should remember just how young and inexperienced our lads are. Muirhead is not and never will be a right back. I also think Craig and Doolan are too alike and wonder when Mcguigan is going to get a run of starts to show what he can do. Have always likes a big striker alongside a smaller one. Just feel Dools and Craig are carbon copies of each other . In Jackie we trust.

One slight problem: We haven't won an away match in the league for almost 4 months! And to be frank, it doesn't look like that's going to change (except maybe that it'll soon be 5 months).

Plenty of effort and heaps of possession. The main worry for me was the quality of the final ball into the box. Time after time it didn't get past the first defender or went straight to the keeper. I thought Murray did ok on the first half and wonder if he gets some games under his belt will he bring some stability in the middle.

Absolute bollocks today. On a par with the pish Dick Campbell served up.

One player who I think deserves tremendous credit though is Sinclair, he was tremendous and worked his ******* bollocks off. Was sitting near the front and I heard one of the Dumbarton players passing on tactics from the bench to double up on him, because he was getting so much joy down the wing. Final ball is maybe a bit lacking, but his weaknesses are clearly something that can be improved.

Hugh Murray, ******* rubbish. Mark McGuigan, hopeless again and living off his celebration. Craig, theres no middle ground with this ****, either amazing or absolute tripe. Woeful today.

MWM you don't half talk some pish as has been proved with a lot of your previous posts.Hugh Murray brings experience to the side and if our other players don't respond that's not his fault.McGuigan getting it in the neck again for scori ng at Ayr and hardly getting a chance since. Craig on loan wa amazing and somebody we had to get snapped up at all costs ,now he's signed he's woeful. Get real ya dafty.
  • Like 1

In all the games where we really played well and got a result, which still well outnumber the contrary, I can't remember an instance where one single player won us the game. This season the whole considerably outweighs the sum of the parts. It stands to reason when we're crap like yesterday the biggest failing is the team as a whole and not simply individual players not turning up.

I suspect it's a lack of confidence thingy that's spread thru the squad and we've a young manager who doesn't as yet know how to deal with it as effectively as an older head. Some around me yesterday were banging a drum about the team not putting in enough effort. I don't accept that. Too much buck passing maybe, especially the further up the park, but I'm more inclined to put that down to a low confidence factor.

Putting confidence aside it may be that when O'Donnell and Welsh return, Muirhead moves inside and having Fox now back in goals results and performances will pick up. It should do but we really have a good enough squad to have managed better without them.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett