Swansea City

Alan100

A number of Swansea fans come up to see Thistle play at least once a season. A reciprocal visit would be nice (for me anyway)

I take it you've never been to Swansea? Makes the backwards Fife towns we visit with Thistle look like Tokyo, Sydney and New York.

There are gong to be a fair number of Bluebirds at the Livingston home game the day after Scotland play Wales at Hampden. Could be interesting if the group of Jacks are up at the same time, unlikely as the peg sellers out west tend to have an OF-esque view towards their national team.

The Swansea boys who come up every year themselves are sound but on the whole no to 'Jags/Jacks'.

A great team to watch. The way they've maintained their whole approach to the game through successive management and coaching teams is superb, and as mentioned earlier, shows real leadership from the boardroom. I think this is a model we ourselves should follow when Jackie and Sid inevitably move on.

Also good to see that unlike Cardiff City Franchise FC, the jacks are keen to hold on to their history and traditions and don't go changing their club colours whenever they see a gap in the far east market.

• Like 1

I take it you've never been to Swansea? Makes the backwards Fife towns we visit with Thistle look like Tokyo, Sydney and New York.

There are gong to be a fair number of Bluebirds at the Livingston home game the day after Scotland play Wales at Hampden. Could be interesting if the group of Jacks are up at the same time, unlikely as the peg sellers out west tend to have an OF-esque view towards their national team.

The Swansea boys who come up every year themselves are sound but on the whole no to 'Jags/Jacks'.

I'm from a small town 12 miles west of Swansea, and it appears to have been used as a training ground for planners - all demolition and roundabouts. I can relate to Fife. I also take issue with your comment about "peg sellers" - a tad racist and stereotyping of a distinct ethnic grouping.

A great team to watch. The way they've maintained their whole approach to the game through successive management and coaching teams is superb, and as mentioned earlier, shows real leadership from the boardroom. I think this is a model we ourselves should follow when Jackie and Sid inevitably move on.

Also good to see that unlike Cardiff City Franchise FC, the jacks are keen to hold on to their history and traditions and don't go changing their club colours whenever they see a gap in the far east market.

Numerous teams have changed their club colours, Partick Thistle amongst them.

I'm from a small town 12 miles west of Swansea, and it appears to have been used as a training ground for planners - all demolition and roundabouts. I can relate to Fife. I also take issue with your comment about "peg sellers" - a tad racist and stereotyping of a distinct ethnic grouping.

No it isn't.

Too late, the Jags/Jacks banner has been festooned at Wembley, probably again this season and is working its way around the grounds in the EPL :D

Pleasing.

Swansea is a bit of a post-modernist architectural nightmare but that's the effect of the Luftwaffe bombing the place to bits.

Good on the Cardiff boys coming up, hope they don't blow they're charge for promotion this term. Would be an easy 4/6 points for the Jacks next season :P

Don't rise to the bait Alan. Just rejoice in the beautiful football of the Jags n Jacks. I'd rather sell pegs than be Scum :P

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Yup. I can bask in Premier League football down there, and hopefully the same up here next season.

I find your use of the word bask to be racist to basking sharks. :music:

Having had weekends in Cdiff and Swansea, Swansea is far better, far better & there will be a group of Jacks up for the Livingston game.

It must be hard for Redbirds fans to acknowledge the biggest team in Wales doing so well.

Edited by stuthejag
  • Like 1

Having had weekends in Cdiff and Swansea, Swansea is far better, far better & there will be a group of Jacks up for the Livingston game.

It must be hard for Redbirds fans to acknowledge the biggest team in Wales doing so well.

Biggest team by what measure? By every measure apart from current league position Swansea are infinitely smaller. And to put into context the current league position measure are Reading bigger than Leeds

Come on big man that's a dreadful come back and you know it.

Loads of teams have changed colours admitedly most of them long ago. No Cardiff City fan wanted to change to a red kit, not one. The majority have reluctantly/grudgingly accepted it as there simply was no alternative, you have to remember 2 of the most calamatous crooks in football owned City back to back in Hammam and Ridsdale. The amount of money required to prevent the club disappearing, was astronomical, the Malaysian was the only person willing to do it.