The Return The Firhill Cup!

davemains

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO HAVE A GAME

OF 11 A-SIDE FOOTBALL ON THE PITCH AT FIRHILL.

Now is your chance to play 11 a-side football on the pitch at Firhill. We are asking for the Thistle supporters to raise funds for next seasons playing budget and have some fun at the same time.

I (Charlie Kirkwood), my friends David Mains & Stuart Thomas have decided to run a Firhill Cup 11 a-side football tournament again on Sunday 28th April 2013 at Firhill. We are all die hard Thistle fans and we would love nothing more than to have a game of football on the pitch at Firhill. We are hoping that enough of you Jags fans feel the same way and in turn can raise some much needed funds for Jackie McNamara & Simon Donnelly's squad for next season.

All information can be found on - http://www.kirkwoodscastles.co.uk/firhill-cup---2013.php

Hope this is not stepping on anyones toes but and I appreciate organising the teams will be the main area for yourselves but after attending last year I was thinking the below would benefit the event.

1) Book Stall. 2nd hand football/sports books. I've got about 10 I could donate read once in good nick. £3 each or so a book and it would add up.

2) Farmers Market. Stalls in Queens Park and Partick are always very popular. They could give a donation to sell their food. Also gives more options to people attending and maybe attract others who would not normally come.

3) Guided tours of the stadium led by club officials.

Hope this is not stepping on anyones toes but and I appreciate organising the teams will be the main area for yourselves but after attending last year I was thinking the below would benefit the event.

1) Book Stall. 2nd hand football/sports books. I've got about 10 I could donate read once in good nick. £3 each or so a book and it would add up.

2) Farmers Market. Stalls in Queens Park and Partick are always very popular. They could give a donation to sell their food. Also gives more options to people attending and maybe attract others who would not normally come.

3) Guided tours of the stadium led by club officials.

Book stall- great idea! yes please! - I'll post details of strip auction shortly and add book info to that (cheers)

Guided tours we're looking into - will get back to you on that ..

I brought a bunch of my Brownies with me last year to this. Really good fun, great value, and they thought they were watching ACTUAL Partick Thistle, hilariously. They were lucky enough to get a wee interview with Jackie for their Sports badge, and the funniest question was "How much money do you make?" - cue guilty looking GJ hiding because she probably should have screened the questions. Hmm.

They also got photos with Pates and loved meeting a real footballer.

Great to see the club supporting initiatives like this - makes a real difference and I know that a few of my girls have since gone to the football at Firhill with their dads because they've asked to go along.

• Like 1