Colin Mcmenamin

Gaucho

Sugar-daddy (literally). Also the guy that pumps the money in spends it all on players as you can see from the state of their ground. If it was almost any other year I think the SPL would knock them back but as they've had a bad year what with trying to accommodate Rangers and being forced not to they will not want more bad publicity from the media over knocking back the wee club.

I can see them finding some way, either by reducing seating requirements or giving them a whole season to get up to scratch (which they won't bother with if they don't look like staying up).

Total disgrace that clubs like oursleves and the likes of Falkirk were forced to upgrade our grounds to 10,000 capacity and to a high standard and they will likely get away with a facelift. Even Inverness, though they got a hand-up with the reduced capacity still improved their stadium to a decent quality.

Edited by Mr Bunny

how can morton afford these guys. they are paying their players twice as much as us. their crowd numbers are shocking.

McMenamin only has four months left on his contract. As said sugardaddy rae or the fat lottery winners from Largs would be able to get £15k-£20k together no problem.

Son of Joe > McMenamince ;)

Total disgrace that clubs like oursleves and the likes of Falkirk were forced to upgrade our grounds to 10,000 capacity and to a high standard and they will likely get away with a facelift. Even Inverness, though they got a hand-up with the reduced capacity still improved their stadium to a decent quality.

Falkirk sat in their ever decaying hovel with no intention of moving or upgrading, paying higher wages than clubs who were skint from investing in ground redevelopment. All the while fully aware that there was no chance of promotion with the new criteria in place.

Sugar-daddy (literally). Also the guy that pumps the money in spends it all on players as you can see from the state of their ground. If it was almost any other year I think the SPL would knock them back but as they've had a bad year what with trying to accommodate Rangers and being forced not to they will not want more bad publicity from the media over knocking back the wee club.

I can see them finding some way, either by reducing seating requirements or giving them a whole season to get up to scratch (which they won't bother with if they don't look like staying up).

They bought large parts of Love Street when it was knocked down (seats, roof etc.) and I believe it's all in storage at the moment. If they go up, Dougie Rae has committed himself to getting the ground up to scratch, which he reckons could be done for less than £200k. This info was relayed to me by a ton fan who attended a supporters meeting with Rae.

It's all very different to when we were last promoted, when we had to have 10,000 seats in place by the end of March, not knowing whether we would even be promoted or not.

Falkirk sat in their ever decaying hovel with no intention of moving or upgrading, paying higher wages than clubs who were skint from investing in ground redevelopment. All the while fully aware that there was no chance of promotion with the new criteria in place.

Exactly what happened with Ayr United as well.

Great signing for Morton. Worth a few goals atleast.

I admit it looks like a good signing, but goals arent really their problem - surely they'd have been better with some sort of defensive cover.

Looks to me that they are following the Sevco route - get the names in that people will recognise. I'd much rather we unearthed a Lawless or Sinclair.