Bollox

angry gaz

Official site

"Following an approach from Dundee United, the Board of Directors of Partick Thistle Football Club have reluctantly granted permission for Jackie McNamara and Simon Donnelly to speak to them about their vacant managerial position."

I think a lot of other clubs would have refused permission for them to talk to their manager.

Given our position of being genuine title contenders, somthing that happens about once a decade, then perhaps our BOD should have put the future of the club ahead of the ambitions of Jackie MacNamara.

If we don't go up lets hope the compensation we get from DUFC compensates for us missing a rare promotion chance.I hope we get a proper explanation .

If we think small , we'll always be small.............really pissed off.

I think a lot of other clubs would have refused permission for them to talk to their manager.

Given our position of being genuine title contenders, somthing that happens about once a decade, then perhaps our BOD should have put the future of the club ahead of the ambitions of Jackie MacNamara.

If we don't go up lets hope the compensation we get from DUFC compensates for us missing a rare promotion chance.I hope we get a proper explanation .

Could be in his contract he was allowed to talk to an SPL club.

I'm pretty sure he had some sort of release clause.

Although as someone mentioned earlier I wouldn't want another McCall - Dundee scenario where it all turned to shit.

Could be in his contract he was allowed to talk to an SPL club.

That was exactly my thought yesterday. If not, I would have hoped that board would have refused permission. The value of promotion should be much greater than any compensation that the club will receive.

Good luck to him. His contract always seemed to be on a pretty flexible basis, which would also have suited the club if he hadn't done a job. No lack of dignity in the way this has been handled, just unfortunate for us. I'm totally gutted but not angry. Just hope the club get the right man n place. Hartley looks a decent bet to me. Would McInnes be out of our range?

^^ And Jackie signed a new contract on 18th December too!

Can't claim to know all the details, but my understanding was that it wasn't a contract that tied him (or us). Ambitious young manager, I think it's always been clear that we were a stepping stone. Accept that I am sometimes an unreasonably reasonable person and many won't agree.

That was exactly my thought yesterday. If not, I would have hoped that board would have refused permission. The value of promotion should be much greater than any compensation that the club will receive.

Exactly. Pure short-termanism from both club and McNamara. Could blow up in both their faces.

Also any manager coming in will realise this is a job that can get you noticed and a club that won't stand in your way aka falkirk.

Or, alternatively, they (and other vulture clubs) will realise this is a job you can walk away from for little compensation, and who are too spineless to look longer-term (or at least 4 months).

Good luck with that. Remember the full and forthcoming statements released about the voting intentions regarding Sevco/league reconstruction etc?

Still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As good as things have improved on a number of factors off the park as well as on it, there is still a number of "we'll do what we want and stuff the supporters" situations and unaccountability that exists.

Exactly. Pure short-termanism from both club and McNamara. Could blow up in both their faces.

Or, alternatively, they (and other vulture clubs) will realise this is a job you can walk away from for little compensation, and who are too spineless to look longer-term (or at least 4 months).

Still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As good as things have improved on a number of factors off the park as well as on it, there is still a number of "we'll do what we want and stuff the supporters" situations and unaccountability that exists.

Dead simple good luck ,goodbye and we move on regardless,(he will need the luck bit in big amounts at Dundee Utd!!)Lets show our class make a decent and quick appointment and win the league and the Ramsdens for good measure.