Half A Job Jackie

TartanC4

I really like Jackie and just feel pretty sad that he's moved on; he was doing well with us, was building a better Partick Thistle than I remember in my time supporting the Jags, and it's depressing that he won't be here longer to see that through. Like I say, disappointed, and angry at the situation, but not angry at Jackie.

It's like being dumped by your girlfriend - you still love her and want to see her happy but at the same time you feel sad whenever you see her or think of her. And seeing her new boyfriend holding her hand (or DU fans singing the Jackie McNamara song) hurts.

I'm happy Archie and Shaggy have interim control and they have my full support. I just hope that we continue to improve - if so then I'll happily forget Jackie in the near future. If not then this week marks the end of a short but beautiful relationship...

I really like Jackie and just feel pretty sad that he's moved on; he was doing well with us, was building a better Partick Thistle than I remember in my time supporting the Jags, and it's depressing that he won't be here longer to see that through. Like I say, disappointed, and angry at the situation, but not angry at Jackie.

It's like being dumped by your girlfriend - you still love her and want to see her happy but at the same time you feel sad whenever you see her or think of her. And seeing her new boyfriend holding her hand (or DU fans singing the Jackie McNamara song) hurts.

I'm happy Archie and Shaggy have interim control and they have my full support. I just hope that we continue to improve - if so then I'll happily forget Jackie in the near future. If not then this week marks the end of a short but beautiful relationship...

Any time I've been dumped (not happened for a while thankfully), I can't say I've ever wished her well. Same goes for McNamara. If he'd stayed till the end of the season, he'd have left with my best wishes but to leave us in the lurch 2 days from the end of January really sticks in my craw.

Time will tell as to how we look back on this whole affair. If we win the double, it'll be a temporary blip. If it all goes tits up, McNamara will be seen to be the man carrying the blame.

• Like 2

It's like being dumped by your girlfriend -

Our "ex" has chucked us for an old, moustached, pot-bellied, greasy, balding, sugar daddy in a dodgy 80s suit with too many buttons undone on his stained shirt exposing a rather unsightly hairy chest and cheap gold medallion greening through oxidation and exposure to kebab enduced sweats.

Sure he might be able to get her into the "best" nightclubs in scotland and take her on the occasion cheap holiday in europe. She'll have the opportunity to mingle with scottish football's high society and flirt with the other fat, antiquated, perverts, teasing them with her fresh face, novel charms, and undoutbtable current talents.

Oh Jackie..... I thought you were so much better than that.

Our dignity remains intact.

We are the Jags!

F**kin coolest team in Scotland by a city mile!

See ya later Jackie, you f**kin TART! Check yerself for viruses when your leavin Fat Sam's!

:fan:

• Like 2

I'm sure that when he's managing Scotland at the 2026 World Cup Finals, we'll all be claiming him as one of ours.

In the meantime, I have confidence in our players. Whatever we may think of Jackie's abilities, he's not solely responsible for our success this season.

One thing you can say for him (and give credit to McCall's work and the back room guys and scouts too) though it may have hurt our chances of promotion - but not killed them off - he has at least left us in a good condition. When is the last time a new manager came in to Thistle with something to really work with rather than a mess to clear up?