Have We Seen Archie's Last Game?

Jaggernaut

A bit of a shock to think that if he drops himself to take on the manager's role then we might have seen his last ever match. Ironic too because he's having a good season, and has started passing the ball more accurately than he ever did before!

In some ways, though, I hope it will be. He'll find it hard to maintain match fitness, and even if we need to replace an injured defender he might be too rusty to come back into the team. I'm now thinking that an emergency loan central defender might be necessary.

My gut feeling is no, still a long way to go, andthe way our season has worked out with injuries and red cards, I'd be suprised if Archie doesn't need to play, Shaggy will do the touchline stuff if need be.

I think ideally we have, an almost impossible task to play and manage unless we run out of defensive cover then only in an emergency.Good luck Archie and Shaggy

thats maybe why Rowser has gone - free up a wage to bring in some cover at centre back ...

I hope that you are right. With Archie's promotion and Rowson's departure, the first-team squad is only 17. We urgently need cover in central defence. However, it will be tough to sign someone so late in the window. A loan, possibly an emergency deal after the window closes, would be the logical option.

The few times I've seen him I've been impressed with Liam Lindsay. All our games are important so it could well be too risky introducing him. Regardless of being manager or not Archie has always been best placed to know if the lad's ready for the step up.

Haven't seen him, but it's good to read this. The future must rest with young players(preferably from within the ranks) rather than grizzled veterans in for a last payday or two. I still have nightmares about Steve Fulton, but he is only one of a considerable number of chancers who ended up at Firhill in recent years. Archie has a great chance to make a name for himself having an in-depth knowledge of talent among younger players at the club. It's inevitable that outstanding players move on, but I'd like to think that like Livvy and Accies we could have a reputation as being a club where young talent is spotted and nurtured. That could only be attractive to young ambitious youngsters, and counterbalance the unfortunate "glamour" of the OF where for the most part they are likely to disappear without trace.