Train To Kirkcaldy

Big Dave

Another alternative may be go low level via Bathgate, at Queen St itll probably be a queuing system out on N Hanover Street, theyll put so many on a train at a time then despatch it, doubt therell be extra services, but probably all sets will be strengthened to 6cars

Also remember kids go free.

Also buy a return queen st to edinburgh then edinburgh to kirkcaldy, costs £22.00 on a split ticket, saves £5...its an extra pint

Edited by thomas

If you are leaving fro Glasgow Kirkcaldy via Edinburgh - you can't drink as there is alcohol ban due to rugby. Also you will need to queue at Queen street to get on.

But if you go via Perth, takes a bit longer but you can drink. :)

We can drink on the way to Perth, but technically not from Perth, but it all depends if BTP have a presence at Perth. I'd suggest doubtful!!

I worked a rugby special few month ago, ran as a special express service, was a DRY train, all bags checked prior to boarding by the BTP, when we terminated at haymarket, i walked thru the train, mustve been about 200 bottles on the train...so the dry trains arent foolproof, also i know how the booze got on, but cant post on here lol

Ill see if i can see what times the bans are at

I worked a rugby special few month ago, ran as a special express service, was a DRY train, all bags checked prior to boarding by the BTP, when we terminated at haymarket, i walked thru the train, mustve been about 200 bottles on the train...so the dry trains arent foolproof, also i know how the booze got on, but cant post on here lol

Ill see if i can see what times the bans are at

It's an all day ban according to scotrail.

There are never rozzers at Central and trains go from there to Edinburgh (including Haymarket) although they take a bit longer (check individual ones as some of them stop everywhere and some are quicker). I've done this a couple of times on eggby days in the past when we've been in Fife. You'll also get a table as well cause nobody uses these to get from Glasgow all the way to Edinburgh.

Booze ban on Sat is

Queen St-Edinburgh is 1000-1300, and 1630-2230

Fife Circle Trains are 1000-1300 and 1700-2345

As Uberteeb said the Shotts trains are quieter as they take ages to get there.....if youre going to use them and live away from Glasgow, you can get a Route Not Glasgow ticket which is cheaper as its on trains via Motherwell, altho if u use them on a Falkirk train youll get upgraded to the full fare

Could also use the trains via Bathgate, the ones that go via Dalmuir are all stops, the ones from Milngavie are limited stops so are quicker

Edited by thomas

Aargh! All confused now! Westerton to Kirkcaldy. I want a drink. Not bothered about getting there early as I can snack on the train. Would be great if there were other Jags on train for a singsong. Which shall I take? Cheers!

It's all a bit confusing.

Your have 3 options really which are

You get the Edinburgh train at Westerton and change at Haymarket to go to Kirkcaldy.

Take the train from Westerton and go to Central station. Train from there to Haymarket and then a train to Kirkcaldy. It is the longer train but should be quieter.

The other option is take the train from Westerton to Queen street. A train from Queen street to Perth, changing at Perth to go Kirkcaldy.

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by little_miss_jag